xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chatz

How To Chmod Files

This is a short but useful tutorial on how to chmod files

I offen find wap/web masters uploading scripts into their severs,creating databases,confirming scripts to work with the databases etc. but little you know that some people dont know how to chmod files.know how can you become a good wap/web master without knowing the important basics? Never the less this tutorial will guide and teach you how to chmod files and the importance it has.

How many times have you uploaded a script/file and did everything right but you still getting errors,or you not being able to write text on your site? The promblem could be that you forgot to chmod a file.Chmoding a file/script is very important because it sets premissions to to something in a file/script.

How do i chmod files? using an ftp client. Once you have found a ftp client to use,login to your sever using it. Then select the file/files you want to chmod.Then on the ftp client should have a option to chmod,go into that option,once that is done you will clearly understand what you have to do.Jst set the premissions you want on the file/files and chmod. Note: that some ftp cleints you might have to chmod files one by one.

I hope now you understand how to chmod files and the importance it has on a file.

Hi dear friend that is very symple to chmode any file.Step 1: Ligin in to ur sever >>>Step 2: click on file manager >>>Step 3: click on public_html >>>Step 4: click on any file which u want to chmode >>>Step 5:click on change prometion in right side >>>Step 6: change prometion here >>>Step 7: click on ok >>>Step 8:Finish >>>This is the esy way to chmode file..so enjoy chmode files...is u need any help please email me at:gaggu121@yahoo.com or plz_pay@yahoo.comHope u ll like this way...Thank You !Have A Nice day to all mw new friends>>>>

I always use Smart FTP to upload my files and edit them and what not so I always just go in there and just right click on the file. Then a menu pops up and I click on CHMOD. Then I just type in what permissions should be added or taken and click ok and move on to whatever else. Pretty simple like Chatz said. I would use gaggu's process if I was in Cpanel alot but I'm not because I really don't need to be. Both good ways though.

to change file permissions in Dreamweaver:>>> Highlight all the files and folders you want to change.>>> Right-click the files and click permissions in the pop-up menu.>>> Either check the check-boxes, or type in the 3 digt permission number.Its as easy as that.

to change file permissions in Dreamweaver:
>>> Highlight all the files and folders you want to change.

>>> Right-click the files and click permissions in the pop-up menu.

>>> Either check the check-boxes, or type in the 3 digt permission number.

Its as easy as that.

Oh wow, I never knew it was possible to change file premissions in DW. Thanks for the info.

Just for remind, it's better that we understand the CHMOD command first by trying on our computer (*NIX based system of course). Personally I like using ubuntu linux.For Directory, the permission should be 755For PHP scripts, the permission should be 644For writeable file/directory, the permission must be 777Hope's help! <_<

Chmod files is not so much difficult.Open your File Manager in the Cpanel and than go to pub_html by clicking an icon in left side of pub_HTMLthan go to your folder with the above methode and when you reach your file destination or you are in front of your file/forlders you want to chmod thanClick the text name of your file you will see an new enu appear at the right side of your browser which is actually a frame in your browser.here click PERMISSION and a new window will appear here you can define the chmod for your file