xisto Community
islamstudie

Do You Believe....

Depends...make a site like Myspace, yes.make a site like mine, no.If you want to be rich you need to work for it. Most people will admit that Myspace, if they use it or not, was a good idea. There are better things out there, but they were the first... i think, and people like it the most.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

It's similar to getting rich offline. Money is exchanged for goods and services, so you need to make a good or provide a service that people will want. If you can't charge for it, or your target audience wouldn't pay for it (e.g., the aforementioned myspace), just pump it full of ads.

You CAN get rich by utilizing the internet, but you have to work for it. Get-rich-quick schemes are out of the question on the web - they simply don't work.Get a good site, offer a good service, set a good price, and keep the quality to it's best at all times. Then the money will come pouring in. If you don't believe me, here's a list of people you can ask:Bill GatesAndrew GowerStelios HajiAdam BohnThere Are Many More, but the general point is, you CAN get rich off the internet... if you're willing to work for it.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

It?s no easy to get rich online, but not imposible. There are many people that have made a lot of money only with adsense (Google's ad).You have to work hard to do it. Make a web that has:-Popular topic-The best content-Million daily visits-And the best paid ads (you?ll need to know the secrets of adsense, and this is, at least, as dificult as the previous points)If you want to become rich online, better become a plumber.

You just need an idea that nobody has thought of before. Take http://milliondollarhomepage.com/ for instance. Did you ever think that you can see pixels $1 each? Alex did, and now he's a millionaire. Now a lot of people are trying to cash in on his scheme, but it's either not working or isn't working very well. Why? The idea's not unique anymore.

Another site is http://digg.com/. It got a $2.8 million from venture capital groups and investors. What is digg exactly? It's a site where users control the action. Anyone can submit stories, and anyone can 'bury' stories. If enough people 'digg' a story, it gets to the front page where millions of people will see it.

Another site I like is http://www.problogger.net/. Keep in mind that problogger is not the author's primary sites; he runs many others. I was first attracted to problogger because I heard that the webmaster earns $10,000 from advertisements. That's getting 6 figures for just writing stuff. His website is not exactly unique, but he does provide what everyone needs: help on increasing ad revenues.

I think it is possible. Like most said, google, yahoo, myspace, and many got rich because of the internet.But it is really difficult though. you have to think of something that would click and would really las for a long time. although, once you hit the jackpot, it is really a big jackpot.

Yea getting rich or even getting a few dollars from the internet is pretty hard to come by. I run an online store which is going pretty good, but my dad's friend owns a wholesaler store so thats how i was able to set that up.Things like myspace, google, and all the other major sites have put alot more work than it looks like into their site, and alot of money. You need to have a fresh idea and dont even think about making your own verison of myspace or google because it will never work. You need something thats your own idea so that way its a one of a kind.

I definately believe you can make some money from the internet. It just depends on what you market is. what are you selling what are you prmoting and who are you prmoting it too. But sites like myspace are great ideas, and my for one , I am not a myspace user at all. but thats all you hear about. And thats what make sit succesfull, give the poeple something they want and it will grow. Regardless of how it looks and how user friendly myspace is, it is one of the most successful sites running.Yeah yahoo. and some others are big, but they are different type of sites. Yahoo to me by far is probably the best site eever, but thats is for me. So I also im trying to brainstorm so I can bring in the money for me off the internet. I have a few ideas and I think i can do ok, they may not be what all people want but i think i can be successful.

I think to get rich on a website will probably hard. First you need to think of a creative way to attract people to your site depending about what it's about. If you want to create something new make sure people will like the idea. Then you must think of a short, simple, but rather funny name so that people will remember it. Then you gotta put things into action. Build the site, put up google adsense if you want it and then advertise. You can't get visitors from sitting around and doing nothing. It takes hard work.

I agree with Plenoptic 100% on the fact that it will take hard work and lots of time and money to advertise your site and gain visitors. Because people will not visit your site unless they know it even exsist. How do you make it exsist? paid advertising, by far will be your best soruce with the best results.I also wanted to say. Make sure you have a good idea. It seems that most ideas or atleast the good ideas have been taken, but thats not true, there are so many ideas out there that people have yet to even think about, or have implimented. Just be unique, and creative. it can be done. So good luck