xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
champ_rock

Microsoft Virtual Pc Is Now Free

This is awesome. I've always wanted Virtual PC. Unfortunately I can't use it. I have Windowx XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2. It is not allowed to run it <_<Oh well, guess I'll just continue without it.

Microsoft is really taking the hit with the competition it's recieving from Open Source script writers. I'm not sure if you already know this, but Microsoft even is helping out in the OpenOffice venture which will enable the running of Microsoft Office documents in OpenOffice and vice versa. Of course, it'll be open source. Good news for the open source community I'd say. <_<

I've been using this virtual machine for ages, and i must say, im impressed. I used it while making an unattended XP Pro installation disk, I also used it to install Ubuntu on (wich is pretty hard), and I used it to see how Vista was like.. Technology stands for nothing nowadays :)

I tried it but I think Virtual Box(https://www.virtualbox.org/) is better and has been always free . Using Virtual PC i had some problems running Ubuntu at a big resolution (1280 x 1024) but with Virtual box , the problem's solved .@martinnovoty: My English is not perfect and I don't fully understand what you mean . It is possible to use already created virtual HDDs at other virtual pcs , but I don't think you can find those virtual HDD on the web .