xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Voidless_Shadows

Global Warming Not exactly a what is, but a rant about it. :( it makes me sad

Why must the "War on Terror" be SUCH a major issue in this world, I'm not trying to be anti-American, it's just with the war in Irag reaching a landmark in funding it really makes me angry, when Global Warming a much more serious issue, recieves so much less attention from the world's governments...At least I know the U.S. Is not doing all they could...For instance, Brazil can produce enough ethanol to help with the massive consumption of crude oil in cars, yet ethanol has a 100% terrif on it while crude oil has a 0% terrif on it...My idea for at least slowing down Global Warming is a major concerted government effort to move the country over from regular gasoline to e85 Ethanol is a 3 step process:1. Government mandate requiring car manufacturers to produce cars that run off e85 Ethanol2. By the year 'x' (leave this up to the government, hopefully it will be something sensible) require all street-legal cars to meet much high emissions quality and run off e85 ethanol.3. By the year 'x' (leave this up to the government, hopefully it will be something sensible, pretty much at the same time as the above date) force gasoline retailers to sell only e85 ethanol for cars and vehicles.And as another step government funding in wind-generated power (which really does have the capability to cover most of our energy needs) needs to be set-up to reduce emissions from power-plants. And if at all possible government aid in researching the hydrogen fuel cell and making it more effective and less costly would be WONDERFUL as its only by-product is water. <_<

Ya Global warming really is a problem but you can't expect just the government to take control over that. We can help just as much as they can for the time being until they can do something. We can try to conserve energy and not use our cars as often until they are able to make this switch to ethanol but it is going to be an expensive switch for car dealers and for the government and the oil companies. I am sure they are looking into it but it is probably a long process. I do think that Ford or someone has produced a car that runs on ethanol but I don't think there are any e85 stations near me. Only one I know of in fact is in Connecticut.

1. Government mandate requiring car manufacturers to produce cars that run off e85 Ethanol2. By the year 'x' (leave this up to the government, hopefully it will be something sensible) require all street-legal cars to meet much high emissions quality and run off e85 ethanol.
3. By the year 'x' (leave this up to the government, hopefully it will be something sensible, pretty much at the same time as the above date) force gasoline retailers to sell only e85 ethanol for cars and vehicles.

I understand what your saying and the plan may actual work if it wasn't for one small problem. Not everyone can afford to buy a new car. Most of the cars that run of of e85 Ethanol are all new cars and are a tad bit more expensive then just a normal car. Because the cars are so new there are very few used ones on the market as well. :ph34r:

Plus the fact that if this happens, Car companies are going to milk every dime out of you, by rasing the prices of cars that run off of e85 Ethanol, because of everyone needs to get that type of car. Got to love Supply and Demand. So everyone who can't afford one left to either walk or use public transportation. Not to bring my town into this, but if this where to happen, no one would be able to get to work because most people in my town work 10-20 miles or more outside of town and we have no public transportation either. So basically the economy would colapse in my town that is outside the college. <_<

Next thing, heres a differn't suggestion on how to go about this. Instead of requireing everyone to get a car that runs off of e85 ethanol, perhaps give people taxs breaks (or something like that) to people who use those vehiecals. This was actually proposed for hybrid cars a while back.

That's why this is a plan to be implemented over several years, let the car developers all create cars that run off e85 ethanol (right now they really aren't much more expensive than a car that does not, I drive one)by making all cars from the time the law was passed run off e85 ethanol and setting the date of outlawing traditional gasoline sale at a time when a car in the pre-law period would be generally to old to dirve.See, this date wouldn't be within just a few years after the law was passed, it would be several. Also supply and demand would not be at all different than your current non-e85 running car because factories would puch out the same supply, but of a different kind... By the time the law to outlaw sale of galosine and require people to drive an e85 ethanol running car most car makers would likely have simplified and made the product more efficient and ecenomic.

Good ideas and stuff, but is it too logical? Cars that run off of E85 stuff are expensive and people who barely have cars now because of money issues won't be able to afford them. The government would have to replace each of the existing cars and that would be expensive.Plus-What about ofther countries? Their government won't take actions against that kind of stuff due to the other problems that are worst for them. Poverty and avian flu and such. Like I said, good idea- just not too probable.

E-85 is more expensive than gasoline, and if the USA were to run all cars on ethonol, then we would not be able to eat corn or use because of the fuel consumption.

However, with the amounts of greasy food eaten in america, it could be more probable to convert to using diesel cars and use used vegtable oil from fried foods without modification as seen on Mythbusters.

People think it'[s a god given right to drive an F-350 and top their tanks. You can't change people's minds on that. If we could find a renewable fuel source that could run on today's Otto engines without modification, then maybe we could actually extend our time just enough to replenish badly needed resouces to kick global warming.

Why must the "War on Terror" be SUCH a major issue in this world, I'm not trying to be anti-American, it's just with the war in Irag reaching a landmark in funding it really makes me angry, when Global Warming a much more serious issue, recieves so much less attention from the world's governments

Half a degree in a temperature rise can't be proven. The only evidence so far are exagerate thermal pictures taken at different parts of the year ( ever heard of summer? ) or Icebergs melting and Hurricanes. Icebergs have always melted and Hurricanes will always happen. It's not real.

People highjacking a plane, setting off bombs in subways, mustard gassing, and launching rockets however are very real.

Get over it. Al Gore just wants people to pay attention to him.

What can we do about Global Warming? Nothing. There's no proof it's even happening that's solid, let alone half of a degree rise affecting anything in general. It's part of nature, especially since Mars is probably the only planet experiencing global warming at this time. Earth? Yeah. Half of a degree warmer than next year. Half of a degree? Get real. That can happen from somebody standing near the thermometer.

If anybody believes this Global Warming load of crap, they'll fall for practically anything somebody tells them. The Sky is falling? Yeah, sure. Okay, pal.

I believe global warming is very real...

Yes... ice has always melted, but not as fast as now.

The level of the oceans are higher then our society ever measured.

Yes... hurricanes always been around, but not as much as now.

Due to the global warming process, our Ozon layer has thinned up, so our planet is more sensitive for solar flares, wich are responsible for the amount of wind.

And of course, the amount of exhaustion we produce now also causes a lot of illnesses, not only among humans, but also among animals and plants. People, animals and plants get cancer more often. The smog-rates are way too high lately and especially with these temperatures duribg the summer, more people collaps, faint and even die.

I would totally support such a plan to integrate new, cleaner engines wich run on non-toxic fuel like Ethanol or Electricity.

Lets hope our governments open their eyes in time.

Call me crazy, but I dont believe in global warming. I think the solar system has the "whirlpool effect" Everything starts out far, and revolves around and around, getting closer, and its making the earth warmer, and the sun appear bigger (not growing.) But that might seem impossible to some people. We dont know enough about anything to say much.

I was watching a new Global Warming programme on TV the other night. It said so many people were saying 'why cant we use ethonol to power our cars?' and 'why cant we use hydrogen to power our cars?'Both points were argued and the outcome is very simple. It would take $650,000 US to convert ONE petrol station into having a e85 source. Times that by the number of petrol stations in America...With using hydrogen, there is always some leakage. You cannot put a pipe/hose into a car without air escaping. As we know hydrogen is VERY flammable. If its in the air its a risk and theres always a risk of static electricty when touching your door etc.I think the US should lead the way and switch to methonol but there should be lots of government funding supoprt.

This may all sound crude to some of ya'll, but I'm only human. As to why you'd ever worry about Global Warming, I don't know. Personally, I think there's a gluteus maximus load of anything else people should spend their time and energy on beside the issue of wether or not it's the end of the world when it comes to "Global Warming." Sure, it's probably real but there's a lot more "important junk" we could worry about like how to stay out of other countries' business and let them take care of their own problems (i.e. Israel and Hezbollah). But it's your rant and your vent, so whatever floats ya boat.

Global warming is so very over-rated. Trust me, California will not just suddenlt drown. The signs will show. And , i really dont believe in this global warming crap..i recently saw a program on discovery about how we all could be on the verge of another ice age...so the scientists need to make of their mind. the OZone layer is being effected, and global warming does come in through that...but its not gonna be so sudden...so i suggest we all do our own little things and make the world a better place

"Man-bear-pig is real, guys. I'm totally and completely cereal." pretty much sums up Global Warming. Al Gore just wants attention. Seriously. Photography of ice melting. Oh no! I'm so *BLEEP*ing scared. Global Warming's going to take my lunch money. Come on. One degree uppage can happen from somebody standing next to the thermometer or even technology advancing to get a more accurate temperature reading over time. Overlook that, the sky is falling! Ahhh. We're all going to die.