xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Voidless_Shadows

Seo And Getting Web-crawlers To View Your Site. Need tips

Can anybody give me tips on how to make sites friendly for web-crawlers like Google or Yahoo and how to get them to visit my site?I know some of them have free submition pages to get the crawler on your site, but I'm having trouble finding these pages...I know a little about meta tags, but some more info would help as well...And do web crawlers read Iframes correctly or should I stay away from them?Thanks for your time and reading this, sorry for all the questions <_<

I wouldn't use iframes, just because I don't really like frames, but I'm not sure if search engines ignore them (just have a link to them on your main page, and you're fine). Search engines usually find your page by themselves, provided that you have someone linking you. However, if you submit your URL to the search engine (for example, https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url ), the search engine bot will crawl your site.

Of course, meta tags are really important, since search engines actually read them, and you need to have meta tags to tell the search engine what your site is about and what kind of searches would lead to your site as a result. You could increase your traffic and your search engine rank by having relevant sites link to you.

What if you don't have frames? My site still won't be listed at all. Its in php. Do they hate that too? The only site that I have that has been listed is the one with frames actualy. Any info would help.

Today metatags aren?t really important to optimize your pages. Google not use this tags to index a page, because people write nonrelated words to the page. But many other search engines still use them, so, just in case, it does not cost much to put them.

Here are some tips to write correct metatags, found in a page or Microsoft:

What they look like:

Description Meta:

<META NAME="description" content="This would be your description of what is on your page. Your most important keyword phrases should appear in this description.">

Keywords Meta:

<META NAME="keywords" content="keywords phrase 1, keyword phrase 2, keyword phrase 3, etc.">

Where they belong:

The correct placement for both meta tags is between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags within the HTML the makes up your page. Their order does not really matter, but most people usually place the description first then the keywords meta.

Tag limits:

* We recommend that your Keywords Meta not exceed 1024 characters including spaces.

* We recommend that your Description Meta tag not exceed 250 characters including spaces.

Meta description tips:

* Make sure you accurately describe the content of your page while trying to entice visitors to click on your listing.

* Include 3-4 of your most important keyword phrases. Especially those used in your title tag and page copy.

* Try to have your most important keywords appear at the beginning of your description. This often brings better results, and will help avoid having any search engine cut off your keywords if they limit the length of your description.

Meta keywords tips:

* Aside from what we mention in the other tips below you should only use those keyword phrases that you also used in the copy of your page, title tag, meta description, and other tags. Any keywords phrases that you use that do not appear in your other tags or page copy are likely to not have enough prominence to help your listings for that phrase.

* Don't forget plurals. For example, a travel site might have both "caribbean vacation" and "caribbean vacations" in their keyword meta tag to make sure they show up in both searches.

* If you know of a common misspelling of a popular keyword that could be used to find your site you should enter it in your keywords meta tag. For example, a travel site might use "caribean " in their keyword meta since it is a common misspelling for "caribbean".

* Watch out for repeats! You want to include your most important phrases, but when doing so it can be difficult not to repeat one word many times. For example, "caribbean vacation" and "caribbean vacations" are two different phrases, but the word "caribbean" appears twice. This is okay to do in order to make sure you get the phrases you need in there, but becareful not to repeat any one word excessively. There in no actual limit, but we recommend that no one word be repeated in the keyword meta more than 5 times.

* If your site has content of interest to a specific geographic location be sure to include the actual location in your keyword meta.

search engnines hate frames and redirects, they actually like PHP.what you've got to do is pick a keyword and stick to it. use it int he title tags, and mention in in <h1> and for gods sake have the keyword in all linsk to your site. havign a url witht he keyword in it is really useful.