xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Zidine Zidane he acted dumb/understandable?

Everyone who watched the match Italy - France (like there is some one who hasn't) , or heard about what happend with Zidine Zidane, I would like to ask you a thing:would youm when you were (like Zidane) on the top of your career, and would be seen as a God even though France would lose the game with Italy, hit a opponent with your head... when billions of people watching? Do you think Zidane acted normal, because who wouldn't act like him if someone is talking about you mother and sister... Or do you think that was the most stupid thing to do, and he blew it big time!?I think I would act like him too, I mean it's understandable at least, understandable but really dumb! But someone offends you like that, something just could snap, and everything around you just you just forget.What do you think?

Absolutely...what he did was justified in his mind and with a player of his stature and his experience, it must have been worth it to him. Especially after what he said in his press conference yesterday I am convinced that he was fully behind his actions and that he does not regret what he did. I believe it was something about his wife and mother, and his mom is in the hospital right now...

it would be justified for the average person but he gets paid about 100,000+ a week to be professional and not react like that. I ask this. would you react like that if you were paid 100,000 a week not to react.

anyway he's a great player.he did all he could to help the team go further.

iv got no interest to know what happened at that time.

no one could tell who was right or who was wrong.

in my country's language,there's a word called "blood character",not very exactly,this means you do it because your body did it already,it hadnt thought over by the brain before you actioned.

i appreciate it.

I would have headbutted the Italian if he majorly insulted my mum and sister (If i had a sister). Most people didnt know but his mum is in hospital with some sort of bug and if some guy goes and calls her a pro.......... then id stick up for them.

I agree with Panzer.Besides there were rumours that a French Lawyer was going to sue FIFA or the umpire because he says that the second umpire saw the replay of Zidane headbutting Matterazzi and then went and told to the refree.And they say Matterazzi called Zidane a terrorist because he is a muslim and is of Algerian descent.

what zidane did was emotionally correct but not in practical terms.a player so experienced shouldn't lose his coolhe lost his cool and gave the other guy what he deserves its goodbut if he had managed to stay calm even in a situation like this he is the bestplayers who could be emotionally manipulated are not the besthe could have actually beated him up at the end of the match but not during the matchthis simple stunt proved very expensive considering that the match was so criticalwhat more i'd like to say is there are many dogs barking and if you listen to them and act same there is no difference between you and him .yet again everyone have their own opinions :)

Here is what Materazzi said.Materazzi was tugging Zidane's shirt and Zidane then said "if you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you afterwards," then Materazzi answered that "I'd prefer his sister."Zidane never told the people what Materazzi said and he also refused to apologise to Materazzi.

Edited by ROL (see edit history)

if i would hve been zidane i have done maybe something similar anyone of us have done similar things or even worst....what's more it was ment to disturb to zidane and that is the most important point that there are not any antescedents before that particular minute that allows the player talk in that innecesary way to zidane and of course that is the worst way to win "honesly" that match.Althought zidane "expoded" in the match he probable couldn't stand being insulted for a long period of time, come on who can control himself within a game and listenting to such things... it was in certain way good for zidane to have done what he did because he might have done 'maybe' something worst if he could have standed the words of the other player

I can understand the reaction of zidane, its a direct reaction on what materazzi said. I heard he said something bad about his sister or mother.I blame materazzi for the head bump dat zidane did, i like the way the final match of the worldcup was played. I think when materazzi had said nothing en zidane had not got the red card France had a good chance to win the worldcup.

Edited by mocrohangout (see edit history)