xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khan11

My Graphic Card

Guys ,i have got MSI graphic card with nvidia chipset in it,its called Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 ,but the bad in my card is that it has no cooling fan attached with it,so sometime it gets tooooooo hot,few days ago i attached external fan in it but it started to make noise,so i detached it <_<what do u prefer that which graphic card is best to buy these days?

Hi Dear Friend i think msi graphic card is also better.am also using msi graphic card .i think intel's graphic card s are best i like that company soon i ll also buy intel graphic card.i advise u to also buy a intel graphic card now.hope u ll under stand me now ???? for more info please replay pm or email me at plz_pay@yahoo.com or plz_pay@hotmail.com hope u lll soon email me .Thank You !Hv a nice day to all my frnds...

Guys ,
i have got MSI graphic card with nvidia chipset in it,its called Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 ,
but the bad in my card is that it has no cooling fan attached with it,so sometime it gets tooooooo hot,few days ago i attached external fan in it but it started to make noise,so i detached it <_<

what do u prefer that which graphic card is best to buy these days?

Well there isnt a place to purchase a Video card with a cooling system on it but they must be pretty expensive. Where is youre computer located.. That may sometimes be the problem.

im in my room and its hot here,last 1 month im sure it will be above 35+ in my room coz i have no ac in my room.i used to use my pc for 10 hours a day or more.Im still using it but temperature here is normal now due to heavy rain.

Guys ,
i have got MSI graphic card with nvidia chipset in it,its called Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 ,
but the bad in my card is that it has no cooling fan attached with it,so sometime it gets tooooooo hot,few days ago i attached external fan in it but it started to make noise,so i detached it <_<

What's your budget and I'm guessing you've got an AGP slot?

When you say noise, what do you mean? Malfunction? If worse comes to worse, just open the side of your case and blow a fan into it - for short term it should work okay, especially if it's just a heatwave passing through.

Anyway, I believe the best performance/value card these days is the 7600GT...

Guys ,

Can't you mount the cooler (metal) on the graphical processor with some cooling silicone
(like for the CPU fans). Without connecting the fan to any power.

Then it makes no noise but cools a bit more since it has greater contact surface with the air.
If you graphical card is sold without cooler, there is normal cases no need of a cooler.

Also try to make the airflow in your case pass the Video card, by placing some extra case coolers.
This cools down the videocard also, another option is water cooling but the price is still high.
Edited by kdr_98 (see edit history)

I dont have a sepetate graphics card, but my Motherboard has onboard 128MB Graphics Chipset the Intel GMA 900. This provides most of the common features present in the seperate medium high-level graphics cards. The only thing that this lags is the support for Antialiasing, Shader 2 and a few to name. This graphics is enough for me to play the latest games with medium graphics settings. The only Games that dont play on this card are TimeShift & FarCry . I also have 512MB DDR RAM.

I dont have a sepetate graphics card, but my Motherboard has onboard 128MB Graphics Chipset the Intel GMA 900. This provides most of the common features present in the seperate medium high-level graphics cards. The only thing that this lags is the support for Antialiasing, Shader 2 and a few to name. This graphics is enough for me to play the latest games with medium graphics settings. The only Games that dont play on this card are TimeShift & FarCry . I also have 512MB DDR RAM.

I have a cheap old ATi Radeon Mobility 9600 with only 64mb of graphics but it still allows me to play the best games including Farcry on all at least medium settings ( which subsequently are very good as these also go up to "ultra high" or something ridiculous ) and anti-aliasing on this game too. If you can find this card its done in 128 and 256mb versions too I think...

If you are looking to buy a new, fairly recently graphics card that is decent for most applications I a pretty sure that the more recent nvidea or ATi card have cooling fans permanently attached to them ( maybe two!!! ) as they are such beasts of cards, try taking a look on their sites (I do know that these can get to be quite expensive though...) or as KDR_98 is suggesting (I think!) you could just get a cheap fan and mount it on or put the card close to the cooling fan in you r case?

I have a cheap old ATi Radeon Mobility 9600 with only 64mb of graphics but it still allows me to play the best games including Farcry on all at least medium settings ( which subsequently are very good as these also go up to "ultra high" or something ridiculous ) and anti-aliasing on this game too. If you can find this card its done in 128 and 256mb versions too I think...
If you are looking to buy a new, fairly recently graphics card that is decent for most applications I a pretty sure that the more recent nvidea or ATi card have cooling fans permanently attached to them ( maybe two!!! ) as they are such beasts of cards, try taking a look on their sites (I do know that these can get to be quite expensive though...) or as KDR_98 is suggesting (I think!) you could just get a cheap fan and mount it on or put the card close to the cooling fan in you r case?

i suggest the nvidia GE Force 6200

i suggest the nvidia GE Force 6200

His current card is has a AGP connection, so the newer cards with PCI-x will be useless for him.

If the current card is good enough for him the best is placing an extra case cooler, that cools the entire case.

This disadvantage of onboard cards is that they are using from the main memory on board, so only 1 device has acces to the memory , the main processor or the Video processor.

So I think is better to place a cheap video card with 64Mb or 128Mb than using the onboard card.

I recently changed my graphic card, and after read a lot of reviews I bought The Asus PhysX card. I needed a graphic card with not very high price and for a top-line gaming PC. I think this is a good option, goog resutl, in spite of this -The Asus PhysX card is an interesting piece of hardware that makes supported games look very impressive, however there are a number of caveats. This is new technology and so far the list of games is very short. It costs over ?200 and you need a top-line gaming PC to make it work properly. We have little doubt that Unreal Tournament 2007 will look spectacular with PhysX, but until then the jury's out.-Other good option is Asus - EAX1600XT Silent features - This is a useful card for those people interested in building as quiet a PC as possible, offering fairly good games performance too.-

I don't think any of you can match my superior all-time low. I'm using an ATI Radeon 7000. Only 32 megs. And believe it or not, I was using Intel's 8 meg "integrated" chip on my motherboard up until about 2004. But I'm building my own computer now, and it should have an MSI nVidia 512 meg once I'm done with it. Maybe even one of those super-expensive 1 gig cards.