xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rapidget

Convert A $3 Pen Into A $200 Pen

Collaborative DIY site Instructables shows us how to convert a $3 pen into a $200 Mont Blanc pen by filling the shell of the former with the innards of the latter.

The whole thing is pretty simple: All you need is a G2 Pro pen (~$3) and some Mont Blanc refill cartridges (~$12). With a little bit of trimming of the plastic on the refill cartridge, you should be able to fit it easily into the G2, and voila - expensive pen gets super-cheap. I love it!

12 STEPS

Transform a $3 pen into a $200 pen in just seconds. Mont Blanc pens are the worlds finest writing pens but they make specialized refills so you must buy their $200+ pens to use their amazing ink...until now. This is the easiest hack/adaptation to give anyone the king's writing ink.

um all I can say is wow... Like first I think this is not even in the right place it should be in the innovation Ideas section or somthing. Not to mention its not really worth 200 dollars AT ALL since its only worth what you can get for it and all you can get is 15 dollars if that so I would not say its worth that at all because when you buy the 200 dollar pen almost ALL of what your buying is the "name" and when you take that away you have just what you built a 15 dollar pen. Not to mention all the cutting and fumes and such? This sounds like a pain in the neck and unhealthy for the love of god go buy a pack of mechanical pencils.

Dude, that's insane. <_<I read something simalar to that once. It involved turning an Ipod Nano into a much better Ipod with more storage. It's crazy how people can think of things like this.

Thats cool as zach said you couldent sell that pen for $200 but it would write like a $200 pen

Not to mention all the cutting and fumes and such? This sounds like a pain in the neck and unhealthy for the love of god go buy a pack of mechanical pencils.

What cutting and fumes are you talking about because to make that pen all you have to do is trim the plastic end.

In my opinion, a $200 pen does not worth only for the name, okay, it could be much more cheaper, however it will last much more and the ink is much better... There are no comparissons... I'm not saying that I have or that I'm going to buy one, however if you can a cheap and nice quality ink pen for cheap and by easy steps... I found it interesting.About wrong section, I'm sorry... I didn't know where else to put... now I know =D... Sorry and thanks!