xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matto

Baseball Sweet new field, and a bit of a story...

So, the middle school that I went to has been having its field/blacktop redone for like a kazillion years, and it's finally done!! Well, not technically, so we were actually trespassing... but everything is basically done. So we went to the baseball field and played some baseball yesterday. It's cool, because the middle school is like in between all of my friends' and my houses, so it's really easy to get to.So we got our first "big boy" pick-up game in the park. Just like all those movies and stuff. And I broke my bat. He he, everyone always asks if I broke it swinging at the ball, or like hitting someone. Yes, it was while I was at bat, and if the bat didn't break that would have been a game-changing hit... oh well.So my team lost, but we had a lot of fun anyway. It was my first real pickup game, and we're probably going to have many many more. Have any of you ever played pickup games like these in a park or something near you? Do you do them regularly?We had to modify the rules of baseball a bit, as it was only a 4 vs. 4. Which makes left field a very hard position to play. Anyone have any tips for 4 vs. 4 baseball rules?I'm so exited about playing again... <_<

Oh man reading that brought back some very happy childhood memories. The smell of the grass the crack of the bat. Even though being in a wheelchair all of my life didnt stop me from picking up a bat and trying. most times just a foul tip but there was that few lucky hits. of course we played not on a real field but on the street. a deadend street for safty.