xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
braitt

Introducing Opera! The Fastest Web Browser On Earth! as they say..

Maybe you have already heard about the Opera browser and maybe some are already using it now. But for some that don't have any idea on what it's about, well let me do the honors...Opera is a browser. You can download it on Opera.comanyways, what i like about this browser is that you can easilly download nice looking opera skins for free. Aside from that, it has BitTorrent---You don't need a separate BitTorrent application to download large files. Simply click a torrent link and start the download.-- it means that if you're downloading, you won't be bothered by a seperate download window hanging around your screen unlike that of internet explorer. and the other features you can see at their site. so its up to you. well, i'm not forcing you to try it cause i'm really not hired to do this. anyways, this forum is about sharing things you know so i might as well share it with you.

Thank you for your info.I have used it a long time ago,but I never know that it already includes BitTorrent application.That is so great.Otherwise,This browser is lacking something that I don't really know.Sometime I have to use Internet Explorer to surf the web because it doesn't display properly what the website has.

This is the main web browser that I use because of it holding and also saving the tabs if a problem happened and the browser were to exit all the previous sites are saved from where they were last at. If Firefox was like this more users would use Firefox. I have always liked using it because I am always working on the computer and multi-tasking and sometimes I may exit the wrong browser I am using and all my work is saved, so I suggest people use this its more advanced then how Firefox is and I do not see much of what makes Opera a good web browser to also be on Firefox. Opera has more settings and it is a tad more advanced.

This is the main web browser that I use because of it holding and also saving the tabs if a problem happened and the browser were to exit all the previous sites are saved from where they were last at. If Firefox was like this more users would use Firefox. I have always liked using it because I am always working on the computer and multi-tasking and sometimes I may exit the wrong browser I am using and all my work is saved, so I suggest people use this its more advanced then how Firefox is and I do not see much of what makes Opera a good web browser to also be on Firefox. Opera has more settings and it is a tad more advanced.

I tried Opera and it wasn't for me, it was actually a bit slugish for me and I never got used to the interface, I normally use firefox, which now asks you if you want to close tabs and also on Bon Echo (New Firefox Beta) and the newest version of firefox you can recover tabs. Also I used avent browser which was what I think the best browser I ever used, I just forgot to redownload it after I changed operating systems. I have also used IE7 but its still a bit slugish as a beta.

Altrough I use Opera I think it has far too many bugs... When I log into my e-banking menu's don't show up etc, and if a conversation gets too long in gmail the reply buttons etc fall off as well.. The only reason I use Opera is because when you open a new window in a new tab and you close it you return to the page where you opened the tab instead of the upper layer tab...

Altrough I use Opera I think it has far too many bugs... When I log into my e-banking menu's don't show up etc, and if a conversation gets too long in gmail the reply buttons etc fall off as well.. The only reason I use Opera is because when you open a new window in a new tab and you close it you return to the page where you opened the tab instead of the upper layer tab...

I'm just adding to the list of errors but also the mail client never ever worked on my computer, or on any other computer that I tried it on at all, with the same pop3 account, with 100% correct info it never could connect, I tried different ones and it still couldn't

Well. I like opera for its speed. But often it doesn't display content like it should. Take youtube for an example. It wont display the javascript even with the javscript enabled... It just doesn't display right. But it i fast. Thats why I use Firefox. Decently fast and displays everything.EDIT: SO SORRY for the bump. I thought this was a new topic.. Sowwy...

Edited by Mystixs (see edit history)

I think what we all expect to see is the compatibility between browsers and websites. There are a lot of websites out there especially Intranets of educational institutes which cannot be displayed on Firefox or Opera but only IE. So you can imagine how slow the developers are. That is the reason why I did not change to Opera, Firefox is secure and fast, on top of that it is so easily customizable with skins and add ons. I would not say the same for IE 7.

I love Opera for its features and speed. You can put just about any toolbar element or menu in any position within the browser, giving you ultimate flexibility. I find that the feed reader is crude (more like a mail client, which is also included) but effective, and the tab management features are top-notch. Although Opera is fussy about supporting some Web sites, a good majority of those out there do render properly and function normally. If I had to pick the #1 browser, it would definitely be Opera.

I have to say I just downloaded opera from my computer and I never saw my connection go this fast great job posting this now I can go on 5x faster ;) I reccomend this for anyone who has dial up (which I don't) because it has just a hell of a fast server if you want to get it just look at the first page of this topic for the link

Edited by Iceblade (see edit history)

i'm using opera for the last 9 years, it is the only browser that is full with all the features that you'll ever need.I has great features like Mouse Guestures, Voice support, session control and many more, but it has some problems like not diaplaying the tags correctly. But you can over come this by making it use use IE or Firefox browser engine to display it correctly.

Just upgraded to Opera 9.1.I don't know how recent this new version is, but man, is it ever quick. I'm liking it.Now if it only had the Firefox Web Developer's Extension... Must be checking on their Widgets and stuff... back later.