xisto Community
braitt

What Is A Transgender? all about transgenders.

Don't get me wrong okay, I'm not a transgender, I'm straight okay.You can always hear transexuals, as we all know transexuals are people who undergoes operations to change their sexualities. It may seem similar to transgender, but it has a close but different meanings. TRANSGENDER are people who, at a young age feels that they were born on the wrong type of body. Example:- 4 year old boy who is insisting that he is not a boy but a girl born in the wrong kind of body. - 7 year old girl insisting that she is not actually a girl but a boy trapped in a girls body. and her parents wouldn't let her to be what she wants to instead, she wrote a letter to her parents threatening her own life saying, mom and dad, i don't wanna be like this, i know that you can't let me be a real boy so maybe it will be a lot easier if i'll be dead and be in heaven. so her parents let her be what she wanted to be, a boy. **actually we can't blame them for being that. because--researchers say that the "transgenderness" happened when the baby is still in the mother womb. it happened during the first quarter of the development of the baby. It's brain developed being a girl or a boy but it's body developed opposite of that of the brain. so what happens is that when the child has gained conciousness about itself, they start to think that they were born on the wrong kind of body. **so we reaalllly can't blame them because it's not there fault to be transgender and by being trangender, they eventually begin to undergo operations to make them what they think they were. cause it will be easier to change the body than the brain. so as i said, they become transexual. (i learned all that in OPRAH!)

I hadn't even heard of this until I just read this thread. I agree with Angel's post above, I don't know why people couldn't just get on with life and accept that they're the correct gender that they were supposed to be (the gender which nature chose).

I have seen a few transexuals around and sometimes I wonder why they want to put their own children through it if they have children. I think it would sort of be embarrasing to you and your family and friends. How hard would it be to go from calling your friend Joe to Jessica or Mr. to Mrs. You would think they would have a hard time. I never knew though that transgender developed before people were even born. I wonder though if some people just suddenly decide later in life though because that's what they want to do. I am sure some cases are like that.

Why can't everyone be the same? Why can't everyone be straight? Boo i'll never find out xD

I don't know why people couldn't just get on with life and accept that they're the correct gender that they were supposed to be (the gender which nature chose).

This "condition" has nothing to do with being straight or not. It is the same as having something go wrong in the embryo developement to cause blindness, cerebral palsy, hemophilia, spina bifida, etc. It would be wonderful if these things never occured, but reality shows us that they do. If this split of brain and body developement happens in utero, how can one just "get on with life". One has to deal with the disablities that they have been dealt. They seek relief from their disablities with modern medicine. If, in fact, this condition is a developement in the embryo, nature has created a female brain in a male body or a male brain in a female body. It is as correctable as any other disability that modern medicine can deal with.

Hm, if we write with experience - meaning we have someone close to us who are actually behaving like this then we will be able to understand which way we must look at these kinds of people. For me I have not come across anyone like this so it is hard to think whether to blame them or to accept them as they are. But what is important though is that we must encourage people to think positively in every circumstances and situations.

I see some ignorance here. Transgenders are not about being straight, homosexual or other sexual orientation. They are girls or boys (depending on what they know they are) trapped in the wrong body. A boy with a girl body will also like girls, because HE IS a boy. I suppose they can also be homosexual, so he will feel like a boy and like other boys although his body is a girl one.And for people who wanted everybody to be "normal" or whatever, you need to be more tollerant. Transgenders don?t have any fault... nature made them this way. Blame them? for what? do you really care so much? do they make you harm?And homosexuals are a different thing but they were also born like that. You can?t make a straight boy love another boy, right? So, you can?t make a gay boy love a girl. It?s not so difficult to understand, I think.

Transgenders, homosexuals, and the lot are, at best, abnormalities. Many of you say "nature made them this way" or "they can't help how they are born". While this is true, that does not mean they should not be "fixed".Just like a child who is born with any other abnormality, you would like to correct it. If a child was born blind, would you not try to fix it? Would it not be better off?Abnormalities need to be corrected. If they are not, it only leads to suffering.

following up to the reply above mine, if something of this sort isnt taken care of, it could lead to such disorders such as further gender confusion, depression and even cause some people to become sever socio-paths. It should be known that there is no true perfect, and that sometimes there are mistakes. There is the possibility of nature to put a female mentality into a male body or vice versa. How ever this should not be confused with your general gender confusion that alot of kids go through as they are aging, and are looking for ways to define themselves.

There is a possibility that a female mentality is "put" into a male body? Give me a break. That is a MENTAL DISORDER. If you have a male body but think you are a girl stuck in a male body, you have an identity problem. This mental disorder must be corrected. Just because it "happens" doesn't mean it should be accepted. Just like i said before, if a kid was born with only 1 leg, it is obvious that it would be better if the kid had 2 legs. What happens? People give the kid a prosthetic leg. Now, you may say that a gender change operation will "fix" the problem but I disagree. The problem is not with the body but it is with the BRAIN. Just because it is EASIER to fix the body doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

There is a possibility that a female mentality is "put" into a male body? Give me a break. That is a MENTAL DISORDER. If you have a male body but think you are a girl stuck in a male body, you have an identity problem. This mental disorder must be corrected.
Just because it "happens" doesn't mean it should be accepted. Just like i said before, if a kid was born with only 1 leg, it is obvious that it would be better if the kid had 2 legs. What happens? People give the kid a prosthetic leg.

Now, you may say that a gender change operation will "fix" the problem but I disagree. The problem is not with the body but it is with the BRAIN. Just because it is EASIER to fix the body doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

thank you very much... :) I agree with you completely... it is most certainly a mental disorder, and I might even go so far as to say that being homosexual is a mental disorder... just because it happens doesn't mean it's right... I really don't want this to escalate further into "is it ok to be gay/gay marriage" debate, but I just have to say I agree with you on what you say... as for what to do about it... well, I'd just like to say if I had this problem I would learn to accept the body i'm in... though it may not be as easy as I make it sound, since I don't REALLY understand what it would be like...

sorry for rambling, just had to give my two cents...

I think people are allowed to do what they want. Me I am a straight I am a guy. No changes or anything.But if people want to be gay,straight, or Bi. (I hope I spelled that right) It is ok with me. I do not see any problem at all.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that transgenderness is actually a mental disorder. Whileas it could easily be that the thought of being another gender could be triggered by some mental disruption, it does not immediately mean that the person has problems with mentality, as many "transgenders" actually have a very clear mind.With this said, I cannot find signifigant evidence to support the idea of being a transgender, especially considering the case of males believing they are female. Although recent DNA research has shown that everybody appears to start as a female and then develop the male... characteristics... this cannot be used as proof of transgenderness. And there is no evidence of any persons mind performing actions that only the opposite gender should be able to do.I guess what I'm saying is, being a transgender may or may not be a real thing, just as it may or may not be a disorder. Until I see signifigant evidence on one side, I for one cannot make a jungement.

Don't get me wrong okay, I'm not a transgender, I'm straight okay.

Being straight or gay has nothing to do with being transgendered.

I don't blame anyone if someone is transgendered its just how they are and how they feel. They don't chose to be transgendered they just chose if they want to go through to all the steps to become male or female. It doesn't really concern me or anyone else if they go through the procedure so i don't get why people get so uptight about it. They will be unhappy and could end up killing themselves if they don't go through with becoming the real gender they are meant to be, so when people say why dont you just stay the gender you were born as, it's not very intelligent because it wont change them from being transgendered it will just make them very unhappy.

I'm going to have to do some research on this before I can logically argue one way or the other. I have, from personal experience, witnessed two cases of transgender persons who chose to undergo a sex change operation, and in both cases, the individual in question ended up committing suicide after the procedure. In the first case, the individual worked for a government entity, who had to foot the bill for the horrendously expensive "procedure" of having his sex changed from male to female. This alone was enough to cause some degree of protest from other employees. Especially those who couldn't get said entity to even pay for necessary medical procedures that they needed. Sadly, he/she committed suicide within months of the operation.In the second case, the individual also chose to have a sex change from male to female. After a few years he/she went on a mad, drug-induced rampage of depositing his own excrement at neighbor's driveways and doorsteps, and it wasn't long after this that he finally took his own life. So, from my limited experience of this phenomenon, it seems the individuals in question were troubled from the start, and perhaps they thought a sex-change would make everything better. But instead, it seemed to have the opposite effect. The axiom, "Leave well enough alone," takes on new meaning in these cases.