xisto Community
roxxy

Link Popularity Check

Link popularity is an important factor to rank you site higher in Search Result. You can easily count how many site has linked your site. To calculate how many site has linked your site in Google search by simply typing site:http://ww38.yoursite.com/ and will show the search result and number of site that has placed your link. You can do the same thing in yahoo or MSN search engines.

I use a plugin/extension in firefox, when i use it, to see how many links and where my sites rank in google, yahoo and msn.The plugin is "seo links" and you can download it in firefox plugins/extensions area.You just need to point the cursor to a link, wait 1 second, and it will show up a litle window with all that information for that link.The firefox extension is very good, excellent to be exact!Sorry, don't have the link, and don't have time to search, go to the firefox extensions page and search for seo links, then download/install.

Other way to count how many site has linked your site, or preferredly your blog, is Technorati. Usually it?s fast, it depends on the popularity of blog.Google shows your incoming links when index the new content, and show less links of those than really you have. Yahoo, however, shows all the links you have, and i don't know why.

for some reason though it doesnt really work on my site. For one it shows two pages from my site. I know we have links on many other sites when you look up just our name on google. Why doesnt it show those links?

oh ok thanks, but it only showed one persons myspace page. I know for a fact its on more sites then that. I know of at least 10.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)