xisto Community
canlspelt

Question about girls

Hmm dogeater just a tip for future forums posts: try to at least KINDA limit the ahahahahaha gets just a bit ANNOYING to read when all you see everyother word is ahahahahahahaha

i know girls that tell me that they do and stuff... but not everyone does. for some reason if a girl is open about that kind of stuff to everyone they get labelled as a '****' or something derogative. that's just how society is i guess... personally, i don't care if they do or not (admit to it).

Quite true. I often notice that in society. Women who are very sexual are labelled as sluts or hos etc yet promiscuous men are a given and are considered cool. It's something as a women I have to say really pi**es me off! I'm the opposite of promiscuous having had only one sexual partner whom I'm still with and truth be told can't stand how people trivialise sex and still it annoys me. That said, why are women who openly enjoy sex sluts and men who openly enjoy sex just normal? I guess a throwback (or in some places and amongst some people not so) to days when women were second rate citizens.

As for masturbation, of course women do. If women want sexual fulfilment through intercourse, why wouldn't they through other means. That said, statistics say that women masturbate less than men and even think about sex less though I don't entirely think that the whole thing about men thinking about sex every 20 minutes is true. Seems a bit much though I've seen some people (men and women both) who would blow that stat out of the water <_<
If you want to know why men masturbate more (and women less) it all comes down to testosterone. Testosterone plays a big part in a persons abilty to be sexually aroused - the more you have the more easily aroused you are and the more sexually driven you are. Men have more testosterone, making them more sexually driven. As an interseting note, just before women ovulate their testosterone levels increase making them more sexually driven and aroused. Interesting sometimes how nature ensures we procreate.

Girls lie. It wouldnt be such a taboo amongst girls if they just all admitted to it, like its not such a big shock that guys masturbate, cuz we admit it, girls dont so it becomes a hush hush topic, but they all [or a good portion do it] just never talk about it. [This goes for sex too].The reason why women are called s uts, and w ores if they are sexually active, is because they, unlike men pretend like that never think about sex, and never have sex. So when a women is open about being into sex, people label her, because so many other women are saying that all women arent into sex. So if you are labelled a s ut, blame the prude right next to you, who is probably just as sexually active as you, just doesn't talk about it.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

Unfortunately JasperIk, that is where you are wrong. You'd be surprised about what women talk about amongst themselves. Women are very open about their sex lives and often bounce ideas, thoughts, feelings, experiences etc off each other for reassurance and comradery. Men on the other hand tend to boast about their expoits but not share details or the emotional aspects of a sexual relationship/experience. As I said, women who are promiscuous are labbelled as sluts because it has long been held that it is not 'becoming' for a woman to have sex with anyone other than her husband. Unfortunately this aspect of society still remains if in a more subtle way.People often consider me a prude because I believe you should only have sex with someone you love and are committed to that does not mean I am against sex altogether or don't like talking about it - quite the opposite. I don't want my daughter and son growing up thinking sex is dirty or something to be ashamed of so I also believe in being open in talking about sex (age appropriate of course) and I don't believe women who have strong sexual drive are sluts. My libido has been at times, stronger than my husbands. That doesn't make me a **** but society as a whole could label me that way. It's not because of prude sorry - it's because of men.

Unfortunately JasperIk, that is where you are wrong. You'd be surprised about what women talk about amongst themselves. Women are very open about their sex lives and often bounce ideas, thoughts, feelings, experiences etc off each other for reassurance and comradery. Men on the other hand tend to boast about their expoits but not share details or the emotional aspects of a sexual relationship/experience. As I said, women who are promiscuous are labbelled as sluts because it has long been held that it is not 'becoming' for a woman to have sex with anyone other than her husband. Unfortunately this aspect of society still remains if in a more subtle way.People often consider me a prude because I believe you should only have sex with someone you love and are committed to that does not mean I am against sex altogether or don't like talking about it - quite the opposite. I don't want my daughter and son growing up thinking sex is dirty or something to be ashamed of so I also believe in being open in talking about sex (age appropriate of course) and I don't believe women who have strong sexual drive are sluts. My libido has been at times, stronger than my husbands. That doesn't make me a **** but society as a whole could label me that way. It's not because of prude sorry - it's because of men.

And yet, you are wrong. I have had a lot of females in my life, and yeah they talk about sex- but most women wouldn't. Women won't openly talk about sex, especially in front of men, because they don't want to spoil their holier than thou image. If you talk about sex amongst yourselves, it doesn't mean anything, because you already keep all your stuff between eachother, so how is sex any different? Yeah we talk about sex with eachother, and yeah we often boast...but atleast we allow ourselves that right, women don't. If you all would just talk about it like men, eventually people wouldn't care its the fact that you don't talk about it as openly, that causes people to judge those who do it. You have really brought it upon yourself. The only time i think a girl is a s ut is if they sleep around , while with someone already, and for men i think the same. Women are constantly not opening up to men, and so men are really forced to judge women, who do because they are always told its not how women are, by WOMEN. I've talked to girls, who are all about sex, and then a straight guy comes along and they shut up, but really a lot of men don't mind hearing what girls have to say about sex, but oh no, must no ruin the image! Its because of women, that people call women who have sex with more than one person s uts, not men.

JasperIk: I've been around girls talking about sex, masturbation and the like. It's really not rare; especially if there is a large group of them.Anyways, I'd deffinatly agree that reglion is one of the sources of that stupid double-standard. You could also look at it from an evolutional standpoint: A woman carries her baby for a peroid of 9 months. Because of the time and energy invested, it behooves her to find a good mate. Men, on the other-hand, can impregnate many women within a short ammount of time; which alows them to spread their genes more quickly.

And yet, you are wrong. I have had a lot of females in my life, and yeah they talk about sex- but most women wouldn't. Women won't openly talk about sex, especially in front of men, because they don't want to spoil their holier than thou image. If you talk about sex amongst yourselves, it doesn't mean anything, because you already keep all your stuff between eachother, so how is sex any different? Yeah we talk about sex with eachother, and yeah we often boast...but atleast we allow ourselves that right, women don't. If you all would just talk about it like men, eventually people wouldn't care its the fact that you don't talk about it as openly, that causes people to judge those who do it. You have really brought it upon yourself. The only time i think a girl is a s ut is if they sleep around , while with someone already, and for men i think the same. Women are constantly not opening up to men, and so men are really forced to judge women, who do because they are always told its not how women are, by WOMEN. I've talked to girls, who are all about sex, and then a straight guy comes along and they shut up, but really a lot of men don't mind hearing what girls have to say about sex, but oh no, must no ruin the image! Its because of women, that people call women who have sex with more than one person s uts, not men.

Dude, I AM a girl. I think I know what I'm talking about not to mention psychology is a hobby of mine. Women won't talk about sex to and around men for the most part because men talk about sex in a different way, as I said mostly to boast whereas women talk about sex to get reassurance from friends ("Is it normal to...") and for emotional guidance and comradery. Most men cannot provide that. I cannot go to my husband and say how does doing this feel to you if I am looking for reassurance because he has a penis and has a less emotional response to sex than a woman thus his experience will be very different. That's not to say men only have sex for physical reasons of course, they just have less of an emotional response than women to the experience. Not to mention, most women find it off putting when men talk about their sexual exploits as though having sex with a woman is conquering something. Women find it insulting and for the most part cannot relate to it. Why would you open up to someone that you can't relate to and won't understand you? Talk about sex like men?! As I said, women are not motivated by the same reasons as men so we cannot talk about it like men. I believe in equality and feminists pi** me off just as much as some sexist pig but I also realise that men and women are different. Women are far more open than men are. That's not opinion but fact. It's the way men and womens' brains differ - mens' brains have less connection between emotion and communication so they have more trouble communicating their feelings. Women are constantly trying to open up to men and get the same response but as men cannot communicate feelings well they usually don't notice and can't really reciprocate.
The majority of women don't want to boast. It's not our main motivation so it is ridiculous to say that women should boast about sex like men do. And I don't think that boasting is a right. No offense but what a ridiculous thing to say. It's a sure and fast way to put a chick off. Expressing you opinions is a right but boasting about how many people you've had sex with or how you knocked someone up, sideways and down to next Tuesday isn't some sort of God given right. It's people trying to elevate themselves in someone elses eyes through a fairly crude and blunt way.
Once upon a time, womens' sexuality was quite literally worshipped. Women were viewed as being something very special because they brought new life into the world however with the advent of male led religion (mostly christianity and Catholism) this idea was quashed. Women were ony allowed to have sex with their husbands and they were told to just essentially lie there and take it because they had to service their husbands whenever he wanted. Because of original sin, child birth became a punishment for women instead of something miraculous. Unfortunately this became so ingrained, women passed these ideas down to their daughters. I had these sorts of lectures from my Grandmother (a Catholic) - it's not becoming for women to blahdey blahdey blah... This is an idea that is still buried within society. So many cultures have and still belittle women while encouraging men to be sexually proud and expoitive (the Karma Sutra for example tells men it is ok to have an affair so long as they don't get caught but not ok for women). Women may be spreading these ideas but only because these ideas were put upon them by the generation before whereas some men are still actively encouraging these ideas. I consciously think that sex is fine and not dirty, yet my subconscious (influenced by what I was taught a young girl) says that it's dirty and disgusting. How is that fair? So unfortunately men have been the biggest culprits. As for a holier than thou image - women like to feel special and be 'worshipped'. Probably an evolutionary thing too. If our partners are making us feel special and like we are the only ones they want to be with, we can ensure that the only offspring they are creating is with us and they aren't spreading their seed on the side.
Edited by Thorned Rose (see edit history)

WOW! Just managed to get through that without falling off my chair ;D its 2:07 AM (edit: now 2:17!!!) ( late night justified by the holidays <_< ) and that was an immense piece of writing. I completely agree with what you had to say. This has to be the best and most interesting thread so far I have read... Plus-I think its disgusting if people don't even have time to wash their hands, letalone anything else after doing anything. Fair enough that everyone will have to curb their feelings at some stage and quite right so. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want to be "clean" whether after sex or just showering every day or so. Some things can astound you every day... Some things can just show you how wrong we all can be if we just see things from one viewpoint.:ph34r: night all - I must rest before this uncomfortable seat bores a hole into me.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

there is a reason girls say that:1) Bad reputation for being a easy girl2) I don't know about you but the idea of a girl who never done it is attracting.3) When a man does it they are being a guy but when a girl does it they are being a ...4) Why would a girl admit they; have nothing to gain and everything to loose.

there is a reason girls say that:1) Bad reputation for being a easy girl
2) I don't know about you but the idea of a girl who never done it is attracting.
3) When a man does it they are being a guy but when a girl does it they are being a ...
4) Why would a girl admit they; have nothing to gain and everything to loose.

I don't really get this post, if a girl admits to masturbating, the only reason why i would make a face to it, is because i am gay, and i dont care what a girl does. But if a girl masturbates, i dont really think its wrong... i mean, if guys do it, why can't girls?

Haha this is a odd post. I think women who masturbate wash there hands more because well... nvm haha ANYWAYS Actually some men and women don't because of religious reasons. Other then those people most everyone does at least once. I don't see whats so wrong about it anyways.