xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Outlook 2003 - Test Account Settings Canceled

hey all i just formatted my hardrive and re isntalled everyhtign and now my email isnt working, this is my problem:When I installed Outlook and went to sent up my email account it simple would not connect to the pop or smtp servers. It kept saying "Test Account settings canceled", but I didn't cancel them. I tried re-installing the app, disabling any and all firewalls and still nothing. And needless to say, M$'s support site is quite usless in this case. Has anyone else had this problem before, and if so how do you fix it?its a real problem because i really on my emails alot!thanks guys and can someone help me???

hey all i just formatted my hardrive and re isntalled everyhtign and now my email isnt working, this is my problem:
When I installed Outlook and went to sent up my email account it simple would not connect to the pop or smtp servers.

It kept saying "Test Account settings canceled", but I didn't cancel them. I tried re-installing the app, disabling any and all firewalls and still nothing.

And needless to say, M$'s support site is quite usless in this case. Has anyone else had this problem before, and if so how do you fix it?

its a real problem because i really on my emails alot!

thanks guys and can someone help me???

Have you checked your computer for a spam filter, antivirus program ?
Some spam filter block the mail client to receive/sent email directly everything has to go trough the program. If you have installed such program (or installed and removed) this program there must be something wrong there.

A popular spam filer around here is K9 (http://keir.net/k9.html) maybe if you install this program your problems are solved also.

hey all i just formatted my hardrive and re isntalled everyhtign and now my email isnt working, this is my problem:
When I installed Outlook and went to sent up my email account it simple would not connect to the pop or smtp servers.

It kept saying "Test Account settings canceled", but I didn't cancel them. I tried re-installing the app, disabling any and all firewalls and still nothing.

And needless to say, M$'s support site is quite usless in this case. Has anyone else had this problem before, and if so how do you fix it?

its a real problem because i really on my emails alot!

thanks guys and can someone help me???

Some days ago I was at my friend's house and he told me different funny stories. Indeed he said that he had an unpleasant problem with outlook emails. I remembered that I had as well. To my great surprise the tool, which he suggested me, solved out my troubles for seconds and maybe will help in like problem - open a .pst file.