xisto Community
delivi

Extract Music From Games Plz Help me

Are ther any tools or any method to extract the music from games. Usually they are some unknown format or stored in a compressed file. Is there any method to extract these music from the games. Please help me.

Well, if you can run it in a window and shut off sound effects you could use an audio recorder like audacity to record the music off of it.What game are you trying to extract the sound from? I could tell you where to get an extractor. Remember that its illegal to distribute it in your games or raw without author permission.

I run Windows XP Pro.I like to extract music from the following games that I own,* NFS: Underground* NFS: Underground 2* NFS: Most Wanted* Max Payne* Return to Castle of Wolfenstein* Mario ForeverThese are for begining. pLease help me.

Sorry, I forgot about this post after I went away for a while. None of those games have any sort of SDK, or their engine open source, so thus there are no tools to extract the music from them, such as a GRP extractor for BUILD games(Duke Nukem, Blood, etc.).As I said if you run it in a window(not fullscreen), turn off all sound effects, pump up the music using the games built in volume control, and record the music in Windows sound recorder, you should get a decent copy of the audio.

You could also get one of the "what you hear is what is recorded" type recorder. I once heard of software called "Advanced Sound Recorder", but I don't remember the website. A good search in Google with keywords "sound recorder" is good enough.

I know that if the files end in ".UAX" there is an extractor called Dragon Unpacker. If you search on google you can find it. A UAX file is a file made up of a bunch of WAV files compressed. Dragon Unpacker extracts all the seperate WAV files from it. When I tried it with America's Army though the WAV files wouldn't play but they might for another program.

You could also get one of the "what you hear is what is recorded" type recorder. I once heard of software called "Advanced Sound Recorder", but I don't remember the website. A good search in Google with keywords "sound recorder" is good enough.

You can just select the recording device as "Wave" in windows sound recorder, or Audacity(which can export files to the advanced OGG format), and record, which will give you what I think you're trying to say.

In case this topic is not yet obsolete: NFS: Underground, Underground 2: just google for extractor or look on some nfs sites (not ea!)NFS Most Wanted: same, just maybe the batch doesn't work as it should. run the commands (tools) manually if you got problems, but well, it's probably one of those errors that only occur on my windows, so I can reproduce it on any windows, noone else does :blink:Return to Castle of Wolfenstein: PAK = ZIP file, if i remember right (as usual for quake3 engine)Max Payne: Some of the standard extractors could handle those files, think watto extractor... but can't say for sure, either.Generally, for other games, try: Dragon unpacker (and included hyperripper, if nothing else helps), Watto extractor, GAP (player but can 'convert'=extractAnd if you happen to find something for ravenshield/splintercell 1/2 / delta force (working one with final music output!), let me now :wacko:

Actually if you google them you can find mini programs that people have created that can help you. I know there is some for Doom and Wolf games. Its like .exe file and you place it in the directory of the game and run it from there. It extracts the sound files. Then all you have to do is like convert them to mp3 using winamp. I'll try and find the utilities ;)

Max payne Audio Extraction

Extract Music From Games

Replying To:

Livi

Jul 9 2006, 03:08 PM

I run Windows XP Pro.

I like to extract music from the following games that I own,

* NFS: Underground

* NFS: Underground 2

* NFS: Most Wanted

* Max Payne

* Return to Castle of Wolfenstein

* Mario Forever

These are for begining. PLease help me.

Delivi I can help you with max payne google max payne rip kit and you should find a kit that has everything you need to rip the sounds/music from max payne, I have this prog and its awesome it used in a command line environment (DOS) Start> all programs> accessories> Command prompt copy the SOUND.DIR and SOUND.EMM files from the audio folder of the max payne DVD (PS2 only) put those 2 files in a folder along with the unzipped kit and then open a command prompt using the instructions mentioned earlier and you type mpex.Bat and let the prog do its magic I think it will extract the VAG files convert them to wav then mp3s and delete all the wavs and VAGs

-reply by coondog1234

video game

Extract Music From Games

Hey does any one know how to extract old video game music like

*legendary axe 2

*insector x

Those two for now those are for sega genesis an turbo grafx

After the same is installed, you can search the program files folder of it for just mp3 of wav files. If that does not work, you can record it in game or google search "[game name here] sounds" and you're sure to find some around the web :Pgood luck!

the simplest way si to turn the music really loud and record it with your recorder ex. mp3 player and othersthis works the best :P no searching for programs and scratching your foreheadanother one is to find programs about that game there are usually progs like thatsome games have a music folder no head scratching again :P scratch