xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Webber

Fights.. Provoked By School? Anybody else seem to be in the middle of group fights provoked by the

Well at my school, there is about 1000 students, and my year is divided into a couple of groups.. you have a group of 'emo's.. (sorry to use the labels here guys...) and there's chavs, and there is the 't***' (sorta like immature chavs, they just try and look macho all the time), then there is the neutrals (either of any groups.. ) this is what I fall into. One of my mates happens to have long hair, and it's the t*** that cause the problems, because they can't except it. It seems so rediculous... they threaten him and try and fight him all the time because of this - it's stupid,and the school doesn't help out, they dont take it seriously and just dont generally care atall to be honest.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same sorta feeling... that groups clash and the school doesn't help.. I mean - groups are stupid... they'll all grow out of it sooner or later (one would hope anyway) but all the damage is done by then. I mean, because of my martial arts and weight lifting (much against my own free will) I have been looked upon as the 'tough guy'.. it's rediculous, but it's true.. no one will dare fight me because of this reputation others have made for me against my own will.. now I'm not going to complain, I'm happy with this, because I get on with everyone, and just dont have problems, so when I'm with this dude with long hair, there is no problems, but because he can't just sorta stay quiet and let it die down, because all the groups are in school, it gets worse and worse, the school doesn't see it doing this, and even when they do they dont care, and so it gets dragged into an out of school affair.. and then older guys get involved.. I mean - what ever happened to sorting out your own problems.. why can't these so called 'hard guys' - well if they really hate him that much because of his hair, then why dont they just fight him - because there cowards, and they opperate in groups (it makes them feel big ;) - pathetic)... I dunno ... I just think it's rediculous.. just as a question to those of you that have already left school... when do the rest grow up?? I'm in yr 10... (almost yr11.. I'm 15 - in the us my next year will be graduation year), and there is a small group of the year (which I fall into) that doesn't get involved, we dont like the labels and we just do our own thing, and get on with it quietly.. which is cool - it's the way I like it, but in your experience.. when does all this childish front of looking tough or the labels and apperance end?? We've already got past that stage.. when do the rest follow? Any posts would be appreciated.. thanks guys.. Webber. :)

this is a simple case of peer pressure and group psychology. its not the schools making groups fight but more like the schools are being used by the kids who want to fight. Schools do not codone gang warfare but are just places were a noble idea which is to teach children and young adults so they can be sorted in the future. But unfortunately no mattter how noble the idea maybe kids will always be kids. They will associate with each other based on any nprejudice they can find. For instance country of origin, surburb, color, music taste, clothing anything that can make them say we are different. This in its self is not a problem. The problem is when the ones who are all emotional tmeet the ones who dress in black and paint their faces white and because they realise they have different tastes in everythign, then decide to confront each other as opposed to just accepting that they have different tastes in everything. At this point they should rather just be happy that they are diverse yet all humans and accept each other.but no they want to be said they are superior and as a result they become confrontational. Not because they are all confrontational but because one or two are loud mouths who just had to make threats that they can back up. You see in any crowd you will find those who talk violence yet can not fight if their lives depended on it. They will talk and talk and get responses from their mirror characters in the opposing group then because there are those who want to throw a puch and run, those will then throw a pucnh and run and then the opposing group will defend themselves and a brawls breaks out. So while schools may be the number one place where fights and gangs clash it is not the schools fault that the Chavs hate the emo and fought them at rugby. Its just the stupid gangs fault for not realising that everyone is allowed to express their dress sense with out fear of intimidation or ridicule.