xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MTGaming

Sony And The Ps3 PS3 sonys downfall???

Do you think the PS3 will be Sony's Downfall. I think it is. One the price of the console itself. It is going to be $500 and $600. Yes 2 versions of PS3. That is just the console alone. THE GAMES ARE $100. Sony thinks this is a reasonable price for what it includes. But do you. I don't. And if they stop making PS2 games I bet Microsofts XBox sales will go up. Or Nitendoes Gamecube. Like no one will pay through their noses just for a video game system and the game. What would you do. Pay through your nose for the PS3 or pay 1/2 to 2/3 the price for an XBox 360. I will go for the XBox 360 instead of PS3.Also do you think the price for the console/games are crazy.And finally do you think Sony is going to loose a lot of customers with the price of PS3 and it's games.

The PS3 will be just as popular as the Xbox 360 was when it came out, i.e. people camping outside of stores for 3 days just to get one, PS3s on eBay going for $1500, etc.) and even though I personally believe the price on this thing is ridiculously high (I thought the Xbox 360 was high), there are people out there who are willing to pay the money, and there are also people out there who can't afford it but would sell their souls for one. I doubt the Halo 3 launch will have any impact whatsoever on the PS3's release, because the shelves will still be empty and people will still be waiting for days outside the store to be first. The PS3 has more features over the Xbox 360 though, for instance the 20 AND 60 GB harddrives, the CF card reader (60GB version only) the Blu-Ray discs, and the support for 8 controllers. But if I'm going to jump into this generation of gaming consoles it will probably be an Xbox 360 for me, or I'll be waiting for a year and a half for prices to go down for the PS3 like I did with the PS2.

But don't forget the price for the game.... $100 FOR A GAME. I'm too cheap. I refuse to spend that much money no a game. I admit a PS3 would be cool to have but I am not going to pay through the nose just to have one. I heard that on release day Sony was only going to give 20 PS3's to every gamestop store. Its the people with all the money that will be getting a PS3. I can't afford it. Ya it has more things than an xbox 360. but as long as the xbox 360 plays video games it is perfectly fine. Once the prices have dropped to an affordable price I will get one.... maybe. Then I will wait for a while till the price for the games that I want to get goes down. Some of those really old PS2 games that came out around the release are like $9. I still think until the prices for PS3 and it's games go down sony will be loosing a lot of money.

it may come to that pc's are cheaper than consoles. and most defienitely faster. you can get a decent sempron cpu as low as 50$ or intel's pentium/celeron equivalent, galaxy 7300gt ddr3 is like 70-80$ low, and memory 1gb like 50$, hard drives, psu, and you can have a fast pc for as low as 300-400$, which will likely be better than wii or even xbox 360 (if you overclock your machine). i know that it isn't the same, playing on pc's is quite different than playing on a console, but some games like fps are defienitely more enjoyable. and when you play you can download movies, music, other games, your two thread cpu would never get borred. Also Intel will come with conroe which will be even better (up to 30% faster than x2, and up to 100% faster than pentium d). Nvidia will come with new gpu's. All this will make gaming on pc more enjoyable. For quite a long time Sony tries to make PS a computer, but the difference beetween PC and PS is easily seable. PS3 may push the limits, but it won't have even directx 10, so bye bye sony. Every playstation had something new to offer, psone had cd rom capability and was offering 3d graphics, pstwo had dvd movie player. But what has to offer ps3? Blu-ray? Online gaming? I'm not quite sure it's gonna make the pressure from M$ x360 dubbled by Ninny's Wii. So maybe pc's gonna take the 1st place in gaming world? Vista is so user friendly that it's gonna take seconds to play your favorite game. It also will allow to play with friends on xbox360. I think that m$ may win the battle in the long run. And irronicaly xbox360 may boost pc's (and vista, the upcoming m$ operating system). the only factor that makes console gaming so easy is their cost and simplicity. But PC's can be a lot more fun to play (for example in first person shooter). Myself i find that oblivion is more enjoyable on pc than xbox360, also there are many exclusive pc games, like half-life: episode one. There are drawbacks of pc gaming: the cost of a computer. But when you build the pc from the parts yourself, it ain't so expensive, also the prices are going down all the time, you can go low-end and sell the parts once a year, you will lose maybe 20% of their price. Keep in mind that games on the pc are cheaper than on consoles (even more cheaper when compared with bluray games for the upcoming ps3).to sum it up: i think that pc will win the battle with it's upcoming interoperatobality with xbox360 and windows vista (with it's groundbraking directx 10), it will definiately rock the gaming world!(sorry for the bad spelling, i'm from poland :))

wow 100 dollars for a game? Is that true? I highly doubt sony is gonna survive with prices like that considering an extra controller, two games boom your at 700+ ? Seems alittle redicilious to me upgrade your computer instead.

Ive always been a PS fan over Nintendo or anything else so I will be waiting in anticipation for the new console to come out. The high prices are only because it is new. It is like with everything else. Give it a year and prices will drop not only for consoles and games also. It wont take long for someone to develop a mod for it anyway so big gamers will have this cheaper alternative available soon enough.In all honesty the PS3 does look better than the Xbox360

wow 100 dollars for a game? Is that true?

Yes it is true. Sony is going to die with it's prices.

In all honesty the PS3 does look better than the Xbox360

Yes the PS3 does look better than the XBox 360 but I do not want pay $600 or $500 for the console. Then $100 for the games.

Well Yes The Ps3 Prices Are Outrageous! But Man Its The Ps3! Well Im Waiting For A While Till The Proce Drops~Probobly Like 2008 Or 2009~ If It Dont Drop By Then Then Im Buyin It But Hey My BDay Is Commin Up In November Maybe Ill Get A Ps3 Im Spoiled Lol:D

I don't think that the prices are going to drop below $200. And when game prices drop I don't think they are going to get any lower than $50.

My BDay Is Commin Up In November Maybe Ill Get A Ps3 Im Spoiled Lol:D

Your lucky. My parents refuse to buy something that expensive. If I want it I got to pay for it. And I'm only 13 don't have a job yet. I can't get one until I'm 14 (or in high school).

I doubt that is going to be the case, they'd never make a profit. Maybe at the start, but within 6 motnhs they'll have dropped in prive. I usually get the consile when its about $150 (roughly 2 years after its release).

i agree with you,i think the prices of the console and the games are absurd. i will never buy that because i'm not rich to give all that money for a game. i also think that sony made a bad move with that. i'm sure the PS3 is great but i don't think that it compensates.

I personally don't have the money for a ps3 BUT I'm certainly not going to hate on it just cause I'm to poor to afford one, unlike SOME people. PS3 totally pwns, it is teh_sex, and I'm going to be saving and saving to get one. the end.P.S. In response to the whole halo thing, all I have to say is Final Fantasy XIII