xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Transformers The Live Action Movie

Just saw it in the previews all i have to say is live freakn action baby wooohooo, and like the they gave it was a complete teaser.

heres one of many teaser trailers to come as well.

/transformersmovie?_fb_noscript=1.

All I have to say is when everyone saw the trailer and from the sites i visted everyone was in a uproar of waiting for this movie to come out. I can't wait either they got partial cast so far but they don't list the voice actors for the robots yet

that movie looks a bit odd to me... lol maybe its just because i dont think i liked the trailer well enough to go and see it...but maybe some day i will go to see it

I hope I see it on July 4th. I am told it is going to be directed by Michael Bay (The Rock, Bad Boys) and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. Anyway, I hope this movie is going to be the blockbuster. I'm glad the Peter Cullen is going to be the voice of Optimus Prime once again. And I was a little dissapointed that Frank Welker won't be voicing Megatron this time. It will be voiced by Hugo Weaving, best known as Agent Smith from the Matrix movies, V from V for Vendetta, and one of the elf elders for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.I like the new Autobots and Deceptions' form in the movie. I was dissapionted that Sideswipe, my favorite Autobot won't be in the film, but Bumblebee's new car form makes up of it: It's a Chevrolet Camaro, the new one. I love Camaros. And Jazz, Racther and the other Autobots in their car forms as GM vehicles are interesting. I am a little concerned about Megatron's new form, it's weird that he is a odd-looking fighter-type. And for Starscream, he's a F-22 Raptor fighter jet. I would like to see other Deceptions like Soundwave and Laserbeak be in this, but for right now, they will do.I see the trailers in the Internet and and theaters for long now. I was wondering if they will release the new trailer soon. Anyway, my favorite scenes from the trailer is one of the Deceptions attacks a desert base full of soldiers and tanks and the scene where one of the Deceptions smash a LA bus to pieces. I hope to see more action scenes in the new trailer soon.Overall, I can't wait to see the movie. I was wondering if they will have the new version of the song "The Touch" which was featured in the 1986 animated film. Hopefully I will put all doubts aside with the new film. Autobots, transform and rool out!

I am excited that Transformers has been resurrected along with all the other vintage stories we've been getting but I have a nagging suspicion that it might come out a bit wrong.You see, whether you may have noticed it or not, every "vintage" movie made the past few years has been changed or in some cases "modernized" to the detrement of the movie. It seems that movie writers aren't going mainstream these days. X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Hulk, are all storylines where certain changes not only didn't make sense, but made no sense.Example, in "Hulk", Hulk's powers were stretched beyond sense; the Hulk is super strong not super rubbery, so why did bullets make his skin jiggle like flab as opposed to hitting stone chiseled muscle?Spider-Man; why exactly did the writers go for the "more organic" power outlet? The common story, the mainstream one, is that Peter Parker learns/conceives how to manufacture the webbing. For it to come out of his wrists is OK but in doing so it kind of takes away from his science nerd persona.Fantastic Four. Dr Doom is a coneited villain (they got that right) but since when does he start turning into medal? The story goes that he gets a minor cut, a small imperfection, and his conceited nature drives him mad. He obsesses over that imperfection and so he dons the mask so no one can see how "hideous" he is. Again, if they did it to enhance the story all they did was add a cheap gimmick at the expense of undermining the main villain.But I digress, I just hope they don't do the same thing to my beloved Transformers.

Dangerman's review of Transformers

Transformers

Directed by Michael Bay

Released by Paramount Pictures/Dreamworks Pictures

After sitting thourgh Spider-Man, Shrek and Pirates 3, I?m happy to say that Transformers is finally the real summer movie to see. I was a fan of the toys and the cartoon from the 1980?s and I was not disappointed in the new movie. It?s better than the other summer movies I?ve seen so far, and it?s also better than the 1986 animated movie. I never thought I?d see the day that Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg, two rival movie directors nine years ago, would join forces for this.

The story goes as the Autobots and Decepticons race towards Earth to fine an alien cube called the ?Allspark?, which gives mechanical objects life and the purpose of doing evil. The Autobots wants to destroy it before Megatron and his minions use it to conquer the universe. The key to finding the Allspark lies with an ordinary teenager, Sam Witwicky (Shia LeBouf), whose great grandfather?s possessions hold clues to the cube?s whereabouts.

The action scenes are spectacular from the get-go. The opening scenes in which two Decepticon operatives infiltrated and destroys a US military base in Qatar in the Middle East is intense and pulse-pounding. The car chases is fast and furious, and the final battle in Los Angeles, which includes Optimus Prime and Megatron going at it through skyscrapers and city streets, rivals most of the climatic scenes in the last few movies of this summer. This movie is more lighthearted than the earlier summer releases and the animated movie; the comic scenes are a nice touch, and some of the supporting players added more laughs.

The voice casting of Peter Cullen, reprising his animated series role as Optimus Prime is remarkable and feels right. I love when Optimus repeats his lines from the movie ?One shall stand, the other will stand? and his motto for his toy counterpart ?Freedom is the right of all sufficient beings?. Hugo Weaving (aka Agent Smith from the Matrix trilogy) is hardly recognizable as the voice of Megatron. Which is a letdown, considering that I?m a fan of Weaving, and I wish Frank Welker reprising his role as Megatron for this.

The special effects were awesome. Kudos to the wizards of ILM brings the robots to life. The Autobots? vehicle forms are also one to be amazed at. Bumblebee sacrificed his cartoon VW Bug form for one of my most favorite cars, the Chevrolet Camaro, is a smart move on his part. Frenzy, the Decepticon spy, is sort of like the villainous comic henchman type but as cool weaponry like his launched blades of death.

In conclusion, Transformers is a great movie, a perfect distraction from the semi-serious offering so far this summer. I hope it makes box office records and hope it still holds off against the new Harry Potter adventure. Highly recommended.

8.5/10

Errm, errm. Ahh transformers the movie. Might go see it some day but didn't like the trailer very much, and why can't bumble bee be a VW beetle? :D *sobs* I wonder how it'll do against HP OFTP

Transformers is a very good movie. I grew up watching the cartoons and was hook to the "Kooohh...koohhh....kAhhh..kkkaaahkk" sound when they transform. Was able to watch the Live Action 2 weeks ago and it rocks. It was just the way I imagined it to be when I was just a kid. It still is like an introduction so there isn't much fight scenes. However, watch the details of the transformations. And you just don't get to smile while watching the movie, you will also laugh with the comic scenes. If you're an cartoon and/or anime fan. This is a must-see.. *Winks.

I'm starting this post to give out some of my theories on events and moments in the new Transformers Movie (next only TF), as well just my opinion on various things. Feel free to disagree, agree, discuss, and throw out your own opinions. Just please keep the flames to just being on optimal. Thx.

Protoform Space Travel and Atmosphere Entry:

I think the TF's in their Cometary Modes (those who have them) use a combination of energy shielding (as stated by Epps in the film) and extra armor to cover up more sensitive spots of their bodies during space travel. When the Autobots enter Earth, they have bits and pieces of metal and chunks of armor pop off and burn up. This to me seems like extra padding for boh space travel and atmosphere entry. I think that the TF's reconfigure themselves to go into space to both fend off the deep cold and allow themselves to block and absorb heat. Then when they reach a new planet they eject this armor to return to full Protoform Mode. This way they can easily adapt to new forms to fit their new surroundings.

Megatron Speaking English and Calling His Name:

To me, even if Megs was frozen, I believe he was semi-conscious enough to access the internet over time and to also listen and adapt to English that was spoken around him for the last 100 years or so. Upon him being released from his icy prison, he immediately called out his name to correct the humans around him from calling him "NBE-1" as well as to strike fear into them before he began his reign of destruction.

Ironhide and Ratchet During the Final Battle:

Some complain about how Ironhide and Ratchet disappeared in the last 10 minutes of the Final Battle. Well, just remember they were just in a short firefight with Starscream and both were shot. Ironhide took a missile to the gut and Ratchet got machine gunned at least twice and then knocked on his *bottom* when Starscream blew by him. Ironhide's entire abdomine was smoking when he told Sam "Get to the building!" You have to take into consideration that they had to repair as well as recover and try to repair Jazz (even if they don't show it - we know it happens).

Transformer Screentime & Product Placement:

We should try to accept all the product placement for this movie, because without all the eBay plugs, GMC car shots, and quick moments of other product flashes, the TF screentime would have been even smaller than it was. The TF's were in the movie a good bit, a lot more than I actually expected. They were in (by my guess) 70% of the movie. That's pretty good considering how much it took to make them and how much money it took to bring them to life. A lot of people want to hate on the product placement or short screentime, but this movie had half the budget of Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and yet IMO had much better solid effects overall. That's incredible really.

Transformer Dialogue and Action:

This is my opinion...just my opinion.

I think the TF's dialogue was great. It was NOT perfect, but it was really good. I know many that would totally disagree with me, but Megatron felt like Megatron in his dialogue with Prime and in his actions in the Final Battle. All the Autobots were handled so well. They each had dialogue that helped show they were all different characters and they each did actions and movements that set each other apart from the others. Prime came across as a seasoned leader, Bumblebee held so much emotion in his face and actions that it was intense, Ironhide and Ratchet seemed to both work well together and yet were like arguing brothers, and Jazz was both flashy and cool in everything he did.

Now does this mean all of it was perfect or amazing - NO. Some lines could have been used to better execution. And as a fanboy (like most here) I sure wanted more, but f*ck we got the best we could IMO for a first outing that many studios wouldn't even greenlight because they felt it was not worth making.

Fanboy Wanting:

There were only two parts where my inner fanboy was very disappointed. Both were dialogue useage scenes.

First was Prime saying "On this day one shall stand, one shall fall." IMO - The scene should have been shot behind Prime, where you can see Megatron in the background and Prime talking to Megs, as it shows Sam running to hide from the coming battle royale between the two leaders. Basically after the line is said and Megs begins to charge at Prime, the camera goes down to Sam's level and we follow him out to safety away from the battle, then we pick right back up with Megs tossing Prime around.

Secondly, was Megatron's "DECEPTICONS ATTACK!" line. IMHO - It should have show Megs in a wide shot with Blackout and Starscream transforming as they fly downwards behind him as he called out this line. I think that type of scene would have worked so much better (AS A FANBOY) with that scene. Having his soldiers react to his orders and just plain showing him order the Decepticons would have been nice to see, particularly if Megs begins to attack/shoot right after the line was delivered.

Now I understand why neither of these scenes were handled like this - because of the movie being from the humans POV and wanting to show how everything around the TF's was being shown/dealt with. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to see those scenes handled differently.

Now please write your opinions at this. I saw this film 4 times (CAM version) then I know what I'm talking.

I was writing this about 2hours :XD: :)Thank som all your opinions..

Edited by Soviet (see edit history)

Hehehe... I know somebody who used to date the guy back when she was in the eight grade... She lives across the street from me... but thats a who nother story :XD:But I am not really intrested in watching this movie... it seems kind of stupid if you ask me. I mean, wasn't it originally an anime cartoon? And i hate anime.But I might see it... i don't know :)

I used to watch the Transformers cartoon when I was small I even had Transformer toys to play with so I was happy when I heard that there will be a movie about them. Before I saw the trailer I thought first that it will be for small kids, but the trailer showed me that it will be a summer blockbuster something like Pirates of the Carribean. So I went to movies to see it and all I have to say that it was worth all the money. It was full of action, very good special effects, nice cars, nice girls, there were even lots of funny parts. It was a perfect movie for summer lots of fun and easy to watch. I hope they will make a sequel and it will be as good as the first part.

This movie was truly awesome. I did not have any expectations for it, since for the longest time, before it came out, I thought it would be animated. Then, when I saw the trailer, I still didn't clue in that it was a live action Transformers movie. Finally, about a few weeks before I saw the movie, I say a better trailer, and really loved it, and thought, maybe I should go see it!So I did, and I LOVED it. I'm not much of a fan in the first place, except for having watched most of the beast wars shows. So I don't know much about the original transformers. But that it didn't really matter, because the animation was AMAZING and so cool! The story was really good too, dynamic, and not too predictable. And the characters, both the robots and the guy, are so lovable! At first, the way the guy was trying so hard annoyed me, but he calmed down a bit and turned out to be quite great. Seriously though, I was in awe when I saw the first transformation! It just never ends and is so cool looking! And the fact that you feel so much for the characters, just made me love it before it even ended. I highly recommended the movie to my parents, and they watched it, and were just as amazed as I was! I have rarelly left a movie thinking how GREAT it was, but this is one of those!