xisto Community
TheArrow

What Is Lucid Dreaming? And how to do it

We humans spend so much of our lives dreaming.

What if you could control your dreams? Regain control over all that 'lost' time?

Go anywhere, meet anyone, do anything that your mind can think up!

It's called Lucid Dreaming, and the process is very learnable.

Here are some links to tell you how to do it:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming

http://www.ld4all.com/

http://www.dreamviews.com/content/?s=b622390a2b3ee586e726f1f5a0043d75

I recommend starting with the tutorials on dreamviews then reading the forums on ld4all.

Once you master a technique, the process becomes extremely enjoyable!

Good luck!

I have heard that it is also another way to have an astral projection. Where you can have an OBE (Out of Body Experience).

Yeah, people report all sorts of odd experiences while trying to master lucid dreaming.Reports of OBEs, meeting other people in the dream world that are dreaming at the same time, sleep paralysis, practicing real-world events in order to improve performance in them, signalling to the real world from the dream world (by way of eye movements) and all sorts of crazy stuff.

Oh wow, I've had dreams like that before, I LOVE them, it's so amazing, I always get really mad when I eventually wake up <_<Article mentioned sleep paralysis, I had that happen to me... Now that is not fun, it was really one of the worst experiences I've had though, much different...

I have to try this out. I have almost read the whole book from wikipedia. This looks amazing. I can't wait till i have my first lucid dream... wow it will be great. How many have you had them like the way they describe them? Like where you can make things appear and just be able to walk through things and know your dreaming? I think i have had only 1 i can remember and it was so much fun.

I've always wanted to try lucid dreaming, but the idea kinda freaks me out for some reason. I guess it's because my dreams usually seem to show me something, and if I controlled them I'd feel like I was missing something (if that makes any sense at all.) It does seem like it'd be great to control your actions and make your dreams more pleasant.

Today it was weird because i have been trying to lucid dream for about 3 days now and i had a dream about me lucid dreaming. I knew i wasn't lucid dreaming though because like it said in one lucid dreaming book,"See if you can walk through walls" And i couldnt i kept bumping into this one then like it also said i tried to make an apple appear in my hand using all the techniques of how to make stuff appear and i couldn't. I can't wait till i have my first REAL lucid dream.

I've done this once... I was so stunned, I couldn't believe I was in control of my dream. It didn't feel eerie or something... it was just like a normal dream to me, except that what I wanted to do sorta became reality in the dream. I wasn't in full control, but I still had some sort of influence over it.My dream was about me being in some strange world. I can't influence the environment too well, but I can influence what I do. (Something I wasn't able to do before) When I woke up, I just knew that dream was different from the others.

Ive tried it, though it was sort of accidentally the first times. I was trying out the polyphasic sleep, and I was really tired in the morning and without knowing I did the wake back to sleep method. When I was almost falling asleep I could feel some weird vibrations and felt like I was falling. I couldnt wake up because I couldnt even move my body. It was really scary. Later on when I found out about Lucid dreaming and out of body experiences, I learned that I was supposedly about to have an out of body experience, which I would definitely be scared of having, because there is a hospital like 2 or 3 blocks away from my house. Scary, I cant imagine what I would have ended up seeing.