xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Wages For Graphic Designers Have you seen how much these folks make?

Ok, well i was looking around online for a job this evining, and i just happpened to look in the computer section, and there was somthing for a graphics designer, and i asked to myself... hmm i wonder how much graphics designers can make.. so i went to the page that showed how much they would make... and i took a look at it and my jaw droped....they can make from 45-70K witht hat particular company...then i looked elsewhere and on the Freelance-writing.net they say you can make between 100-150k a year!! my jaw dropped even more... because this was part time, and from the comfort of your own home!! OMGim drooling right now.. lol, i want to become a forensic scientist, and i will no matter what gets in my way, but i was thinking... if i can make according to my college professor who was a criminalist for over 15 years, i will make between 50-100k a year, and if theres a part time graphics design job out there... where i can work from my home, i can be making at most over 200k a year.... bust this isn't about mecan you believegraphic designers can make up to 150k a year!?!?

I have been a graphic designer for over 10 years & i've never earnt anywhere near that, even when I was working in Formula 1 designing the car graphics.

Make $100,000 a year working from home

After taking AWAIs Graphic Design Success program, youll be fully qualified to make money as a freelance graphic designer. And you can make a very nice living doing graphic design only. Combine it with copywriting, and your income will soar even more.

One colleague of mine, Nicole M., is only 33 years old and makes $100,000 a year working out of her home doing desktop design for direct marketers.

She said she learned 99% of what she knows about graphic design on the job when she worked in the graphics department of a major direct marketer.

well then i think your in the wrong area then :) because apparently people canmake allot of money through it.. lol

well then i think your in the wrong area then :) because apparently people canmake allot of money through it.. lol

Maybe its just different here in the UK. Im freelance, & the most I can charge is Ł18 an hour, plus other bits & pieces I chuck in if its a pain in the *bottom* job im working on.

The 'artwork manipulation' charge is a nice one. If someone supplies me with their own artwork on cd & its unuseable I normally stick this charge on to cover my time redoing it.

I tend to find my time is more filled doing vectored linear artwork nowadays, as opposed to more traditional 'photoshop' artwork. You cant see the results with this as obviously as you could, say a flashy full colour image, so people are more reluctant to pay high prices for it.

It keeps me in beer though so I cant really complain...

Yea, its definetley diffrent than where you live. A real good graphics designer can make thousands of dollars. But you have to be really...really good at it and you have to be sighned up with a very big company. Otherwise you wont be making much..I think im just gonna do what my Dad does and sell HDD tapes, but who knows.

yea the really good ones makes tons of money. I have seen guys asking like $5000 for just a cd cover. But for that price you would have to be one of the best. I can only image what the guys making addes and websites get.

*hones skills*Well I guess it's time for me to get some extreme practice in!Thanks for that tid-bit of info.

*cough*what skills?*cough*lol joking, your really good at graphic designing KuBi, lol... and good luck :) being so young and getting a career like that.. haha most places ask for like 5 years of experiance with gfx

thats why next year my family want me to take a graphics designing course lol dry.gif

yeah, i want to do that when i finish my main college classes.

im going to finish my college for forensic science, and then get a job as one, then take classes on graphic design, and see about getting a side job to do at home in my spare time...

albus you sure that $100,000 dollars or $100,000 pennies, gfx designers 40-50K tops. Writing that would about right and then if oyu sell a book you might as well put another 0 somewhere as well.

From what I understand, web graphic designers earn very little. I mean a friend of mine is doing a website for USD 10. Imagine that? And I must admit his work is of the highest quality I have ever seen. As for other types of designers, I am sure they earn a lot especially architecture designs, they are what ties a building together. 150k a year? That is amazing, so he averages about 12k per month, you have to be a top designer to do that IMO

well i do a lot of webdesign i charge about ?25.00 per hour minumum. The most ive ever made from web designing would be probabaly around ?10,000 i worked with a team of designers on that project. It is a grewat busineess to get into as you can charge your own prices. The only drawback is that the sites have to look really good and professional and nothing is allowed to be wrong with it or people start to complain.

For freelance it depends on how well you make yourself known, and how much you charge at the same time. Truly, some people charge more than they should be, which gets them a higher income. And as for a steady job, it depends on the company.