xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KooL

Rules, Please Look

To Admin and Mods:You guys really dont have any rules the forum people have to follow. I would recommend you guys write one up, (i can write one if u want). Theres just way to much spam here (like double posts and people just saying "yea i agree"...and have rules on what can be and what cant be posted in these forums...

Hah, way to post this the exact same day that I started cleaning up the forums. Look around, I've deleted about 30+ threads and posts. As well as modified a few, and I would pin an outline of rules and regulations if the admin would give me write access to the announcements forum. B)

I respect you, but I don't agree with some of your policies/actions, such as editing someones post for no reason (like this one). Kindly don't misrepresent my opinions again.

I do, however, agree with your 'rules'.

1) No Warez (someone posted 12 serials for Flash MX)2) No one line posts.
3) No spam in general.
4) Retarded questions (ie: "How do I learn HTML?")

Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

I think I am gonna need more Moderators.. Templest seems working way too much... Do you want some RE-inforcements...

Dude, What do you mean wreckless? I have to moderate a whole *BLEEP*ing forum of 100+ posts daily. Some dumbass actually tried posting the PHP Manual in multiple posts in the "Software" section. What the fcuk!? B)

These are the guidlines I've been following when moderating:

1) No Warez (someone posted 12 serials for Flash MX)

2) No one line posts.

3) No spam in general.

4) Retarded questions (ie: "How do I learn HTML?")

That and flaming. I won't take any flaming at all unless it's a concented debate/argument in mutual agreement between two, or more, people.

You might think I'm going insane. Well, that's because the forums are so *BLEEP*ing huge, so when I moderate the whole thing, It looks like I'm over doing it. I put 30+ posts for 30+ threads. Get it? It'd be different if it was maybe 3 posts, then it wouldn't seem as much.

Admin, I wouldn't mind getting some more reinforcements, just make sure to pick wisely. The past mod's the site's had are... how to say this?, incompetent. No offence, wassie's a cool guy, buy I haven't seem him around at all this past week, maybe a little more.

Being a Moderator is cool^^I was one in about three different forums 0.O I love forums too much thats why^^It is pretty tough so re-inforcements would be good for you.Too much computer can ruin someone's eyes 0.o*evidence:Mine=.= I wear glasses now*Templest-I really think you need some rest 0.0 You are working so much and you seem to be doing alot.And that many posts is alot.You and the other moderators should talk to one another about moderating different parts at different times so that everyone can have a break every one in a while XD

If you get more mods don't get any uptight ones. Get some that don't get all pissed if someone breaks one little rule but will still enforce them. You understand? I like laid back mods a lot better than pissy mods. But thats just what I think.

I you could get a few more mods, perhaps a way to help them is to designate a particular area where they have to concentrate, like Templest could be in Forum A and another would moderate Forum B. Of course they can help each other out, but give them specific areas so they won't burn out as fast than when they have to mind the whole board all the time.

I don't think that the idea behind being a moderator is because it is 'cool'. And it's not so you get to have special privelages that the other members don't. The idea behind being a moderator is that you moderate, not show off.

TEMPLEST~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just pick anyone who you feel can make up a good REINFORCEMENT for you :P and He will be a MOD the NEXT DAY! Promise.. I can't see you suffer.. ;)

hey its terribly hard to look up all these posts man, temples wait a go good work trying to do thats soz i wernt around to help just been busy with college and all that but hey ill try clean up the forums too. hey but one thing yall gotta know is that , spam is here to stay peeps we cant entirely get rid of it but we can try and make it stop..and i most certeinly dont agree with modifying someones posts i think you just gotta delete it warn him or something but just don change wot some one has written you could infuriate some one lol. :P;)

Edited by stevey (see edit history)

I don't think that the idea behind being a moderator is because it is 'cool'. And it's not so you get to have special privelages that the other members don't. The idea behind being a moderator is that you moderate, not show off.

That is not what I meant by cool.I meant cool because I like being a moderator.I like helping people and organizing thats why.And I know that you dont show off,I didn't mean that.NOTE:If yopu weren't meaing me,ooopsie daisy xD

Do I appear to be showing off? :D

Look, I'm just trying to keep these forums as clean as possible. That editing your post was a joke. And since it says in big bolded letter "edited by: templest", people would see that it was a joke. See? I'm not a "pissy" mod! ALRIGHT!? SHUT THE *BLEEP* UP!Q@$#!#@(*%#YR I'M NOT FCUKING PISSY MOTHER FCUKERSDOF*&387Q@# WAO&rO&R F*&RFW TF*AP(*fch8pfhSP(*FVGHSp98Sgvfp(SE hfb89cvh SEfsp98cvsp9AWFDyPS0cyfghSP9f8 98sy (ESA*fyA*R(YF w98yr98W#R :DB)B):D:D;):D:D:PB)

B)

Yeah, I agree with the multiple sections moderators. A mod could take care of a certain forum, ie: [Gaming], another can take care of [Computers], ect.

Checking over the topics, we really only need 6 moderators. One can be assigned a certain section, and we can help eachother out from time to time, but mainly sticking to each of our own topics. That's not a bad idea actually, I like it; More efficiency. B)

This was in response to KKI's statement:

Being a Moderator is cool^^

It had nothing to do with you templest, although I still don't appreciate my posts being edited in such a way that it completely reverses what I am saying. Editing a post to remove unwanted content is one thing; editing it to try and make someones opinions appear different than they really are is another thing entirely.