xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Advent_Author

The Console War

Who do you think will win the upcoming console war?the Xbox 360 was out first giving it a tiny edge, and the PS3 is a favorite among most people, yet the blu-ray technology it uses makes it uber-expensiveeveryone loves mario! but the so-so graphics, and the lame games of the game-cube may be the fatal flaw of the Revolution. (But the controller looks cool!)what's your opinion?

I think it's a bit hard to really tell at this stage, seeing that two of the three players, that is Sony and Nintendo, have yet to release their consoles for this upcoming console generation. In my opinion, the PlayStation 3 is going to either totally blow the 360 out of the water or prove to be an absolute total flop. Sony has always been touting their technical specifications, although there are publications out their which point out concern in the console's design.Microsoft seems to be doing well, but nothing I've seen makes me want to run out and buy a 360 yet either. I would really like it if Nintendo could pull through this time around, I was not a big fan of the N64, and even less that of the GameCube, but I have high hopes for the Wii. Lets hope that some ingenious games get developed for the controller, and that good games come out sooner (considering the hardware has many similarities to the GC).

Well i have heared that when Sony release the PS3 Microsoft are going to release Halo 3 the same week. Seen as we all know how the second game sold this could really screw things up a bit for Sony. BUT if there new console is as good as they say people will still get one and find out soon enough. I personall have a 360 but im still going to get the PS3 so i cant loose. Solution!!

Its really too early to tell at this stage as Sony and Nintendo are far from release, however my best prediction is Sony (just), Nintendo then MS. When Sony and Nintendo release the PS3 and the Wii (When you yet used to that its actually a good name), that due to the price issue Nintendo will take the lead, but Sony will come good eventually and bring the price down and show us that they do still have a clue, but they have a tough job ahead of them and are by no means guaranteed the win this time around, but I'm sure Final Fantasy and MGS will be enough to sell the system when they come out. I know personally I am getting a Wii (for Red Steel and Metroid, possibly Wii Sports) and a PS3 (MGS, Killzone 2, and whatever else). overall however I see this being the closest race yet and it could go either way, however it is still Sony's to lose.

One big thing that will even out the competition between the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 is that Grand Theft Auto IV will be released at the same time for both systems. Before it's been that they were released a long time after they were out for the Playstation 2 so either way if you're in it for the next generation of Grand Theft Auto then you are in luck. MGS4 has me set toward the Playstation 3, although the price is horrible so I'll be forced to wait until the first or second price drop, but that depends on the size of the price drop, hopefully about $50 each drop.

I personally think that the PS3 will lose, due to it's evil price! Even the price of the games are high! I'm going to wait for the Nintendo Revolution to come out before I decide which of those two I'm gonna get. Amd maybe the PS3, if the price drops! :) Blu-Ray isn't worth it!!!!

Edited by Malexos (see edit history)

hey i have a 360 the way i look at it, save now get a PS3. simple as that. just buy bothnthen there is not win or loose for you personally

Myself, i have an Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing, especially because i hooked it up to a 50 inch HDTV. I heard that the new PS3 is like 600 dollars. Thats way too much! I think its smarter to get the Xbox 360 at 200 dollars less.

I think overall the war will be between microsoft and nintendo, will people go for the cheaper option or the more advanced more expensive option, i think that the nintendo will be selling the most, closely followed by micrsoft then sony trailing behind, maybe at first release the playstation will have a fair amount of sales but when people actualy play it they will realise that the ps3 is as good if not worse than the xbox 360. I also suspect microsoft will get a boost in sales from the ps3 release, due to alot of people "waiting to see the rest" before deciding which console to purchase. I know alot of my friends are of this view, any way that is just my opinion.

everyone loves mario! but the so-so graphics, and the lame games of the game-cube may be the fatal flaw of the Revolution. (But the controller looks cool!)

You seem to be forgetting how little Nintendo has revealed. Even though it seems not to be very good right now, there is a very good chance that Nintendo is putting other technology in the Wii or using special techniques to get the most out of the processor. And the games shouldn't be a problem- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, Sonic Wild Fire, etc.

Yes, and the graphics you see on computer or whateva are almost 100% not Hi-Def, people forget that PS3 looses image quality on the web, but on the tv its fantastic!A average blu-ray player will go for about 1000 dollars U.S so many people wqill be buying PS3's mostly because of the Blu-Ray, eg. the only reason I am getting 1 is for the blu-ray and my fun on it is only a little part of the story.XBOX has always been my enime, i have grown up with PS almost, and playstation is so easy, simple and fun to use.Plus, games are always on discount.I have a PSP, and PSP's will be able to interact with the PS3, like as a controller or whateva, so that will be neat.Overall I give the following x/10 points:PSP- 7/10 PS3- 9.87/10XBOX- 4.6/10Also... xbox is uggs

i think sony is going to be the bigest with the PS3, i've seen some graphics and it's f*cking amazing! The Xbox 360 doesn't even come close.

I dont think you are thinking of the true graphics, you are thinking of the early photo renders made on a computer to show what the grapics are like but from e3 expo when the ps3 TRUE graphics were shown everyone agrees the grapics are pritty much the same as the xboox 360, now im not saying the graphics in futre wont be better but the current grapics from the current games are no better than the xbox 360's

Yes, and the graphics you see on computer or whateva are almost 100% not Hi-Def, people forget that PS3 looses image quality on the web, but on the tv its fantastic!
A average blu-ray player will go for about 1000 dollars U.S so many people wqill be buying PS3's mostly because of the Blu-Ray, eg. the only reason I am getting 1 is for the blu-ray and my fun on it is only a little part of the story.
XBOX has always been my enime, i have grown up with PS almost, and playstation is so easy, simple and fun to use.Plus, games are always on discount.

I have a PSP, and PSP's will be able to interact with the PS3, like as a controller or whateva, so that will be neat.

Overall I give the following x/10 points:

PSP- 7/10 PS3- 9.87/10

XBOX- 4.6/10
Also... xbox is uggs

Sorry but how can you rate the ps3 right now, i meen the gameplay may be horriable or the games catalogue may be tiny, it may be riddled with glitches i dont think you can rate it right now.

one more thing the psp will only be useable for navigating menues but not for actually controlling gameplay.