xisto Community
Panzer

Computer Water Cooling System So cool

I know its not new but its really really cool! Instead of having fans cool your computer down (and make a noise) there are water 'tubes' throughout your computer shell. It looks outta this world but i guess you'd be in trouble if one of them burst or dipped...

The most used liquid coolant is alienware, and I guess its more like a gel, but I think the tubing is made with some type of flexible synthetic plastic, so it never breaks, just cools, and looks awesome as it is lit up, but its like an extra $100 if u order it online at alienware's site

It is demi-water. It is filthered..so if it would leak, your computer will not be destroyedA friend of me got watercooling. It's really cool. He also got UV-lamps so it looks like the green water lights up :)

It deffinetly ups the cool factor of your comp by +2 but I would mcuh rather up it by +5 by putting 4 gigs of ram in it than two, dual 256 cards instead of one or a better processor eather way I would take performance over looks any way of the week because for the most part thats all that really matters.

yeah thats the only problem with it is the possibilty of a pipe breaking and leaking and shortcircuting your system....

Not if you use distilled water. Pure water does NOT conduct electricity, so as long as the water is free of any minerals, it won't short out your computer. Besides, the chance of leaks is very small.

I myself have a water-cooled computer, and it's great how quiet it is, but in the long run it really doesn't make much difference. In order to keep the water being pumped rather cool, the heat must be transferred to a cooler medium, in this case the air. So, the air must be cool for the water cooling to work. Unfortunately, my room heats up fast, so now I have an air conditioner in my room (even with it running 24/7 on full, my room's still a bit on the warm side) which keeps my computer from overheating, but the AC is quite noisy, so in the long run, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I think water cooling looks amazing there was talk of the xbox 360 being water cooled, cool.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=OTM5LDE=

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/06/26/koolance-xbox-360-water-cooling-kit

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I have to get me one of those O_o

Bad news is, that no matter the system, most water-coolers need a radiator with a fan to decrease the temperature of the water when it circulates out of the case.

I know there are many alternatives. Some use liquid acrylic, some geeks even use carbon dioxide. You can avoid a major disaster with them instead of using water when there is a leakage. Some commercially available cooling packs come with a set of very sophisticated tubes. You can hang those tubes around your computer case for the purpose of cooling. With those systems you can avoid assembling the systems yourself and thus prevent something wrong from happening. Those cooling systems have been around for quite some time and I guess they are quite reliable.

I've heard water cooling is fairly reliable these days, but im gonna still stick to air cooling because i wouldnt want my computer to go up in a ball of smoke one day lol...not to mention it does look awesome with uv lighting and uv fluid-eternal

Edited by eternal (see edit history)

woooooow! thats coool ,i really didnt hear about that before,its much better than noisy fans but the problem if they get burst in our cpu then everything will be dead.I think some new thing should be discovered so we use in our system to make it cool.My graphic card has no cooling fan but when i touch it after shutting down my pc my fingers seems to be melted.Anyways thanks for sharing cool info.

Actually, no, bursting tubes isn't much of a problem. These tubes are about a quarter to an eigth of an inch thick, and it's very flexible, so unless you cut it, it won't break on it's own. Besides, these pumps require distilled water, and distilled water does not conduct electricity, so your board wouldn't short out even if it did burst.