xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bakuryu

Why A Chagelog Should Be Quoted

Admin's and moderators please give me logical reasons why a chagelog should be quoted ??When we are posting changelog's it's quite obvious that we have to replace the exact same thing as placed in the developers's changelog. So wether we quote or not ... it really doesn't matter. It is assumed that a changelog when posted in some other sites ... HAS TO be taken from the developers main changelog. So why is it necessary to quote a changelog ?? It's not like I am posting the changelog .. and claiming that I have written it. Quite obvious only the developer has written that :) Quoting is done .. to sar that the following matter is not by me. Quoting a changelog seems ridiculous and funny LOL ;)

BECAUSE THIS FORUM USES A HOSTING CREDITS SYSTEM BASED ON YOUR POSTS. and copying contents from other sites without proper BBCODES (eg, QUOTE tags -- enclosed inwhich are not counted by the hosting credits system) is equivalent to CHEATING. you will be earning hosting credits without them quoted.

HOWEVER, you can edit your post to add necessary tags. otherwise an admin or moderator will step in and do the necessary changes. AND you will be LOSING more credits when this is done -- MORE than what you've actually earned. THAT IS HOW the system goes.

and don't go ranting, as you did in your PM to me:

dude ... use your "Grey Cells" ..... no one quotes a chagelog!! Posting a changelog somewhere means that you have copied it from the original source, for the developers site.

I have been in many forums .. believe me .. guru3d forums, neowin, xtremesystems, and many others ... and I know forum posting rules ..... :) but quoting a changelog is like acting like an utter noob !!

at the very least, try to be respectful in your conversations here (if you're not used to in other forums), and not be a *BLEEP*. Xisto has a different set of rules here, which may be similar to other forums, but DEFINITELY not exactly the same as you're used to in others.

familiarize yourself first with Xisto FORUM RULES & TOS:

Posted Image

BECAUSE THIS FORUM USES A HOSTING CREDITS SYSTEM BASED ON YOUR POSTS. and copying contents from other sites without proper BBCODES (eg, QUOTE tags -- enclosed inwhich are not counted by the hosting credits system) is equivalent to CHEATING. you will be earning hosting credits without them quoted.

You see .. I have not applied and neither am I interested in any of the free hosting services that this forum provides. So hosting credits don't matter to me. I browse forums of my own free will ...... and when I like it .... not expecting any rewards in return .. LOl ;)

Secondly ... PM's are not disclosed in public :( PM == Private Messages. You as a moderator should better know that :)

And lastly .. you fail to provide me reasons why changelog's should be quoted. I am not against quoting for copy paste matter, why WHY should a changelog be quoted ??

You say .. that I copied the changelog. Agreed. Now, if I say .. I saw the changelog, mugged it up, learned it by heart, and then written it here ?? Prove me wrong ...... Changelog has to be written exactly similar, much like solving a mathematics problem, 2 students get the same correct answer .. and teachers can't argue that they have copied from one another.

You say that I have copy pasted the changelog. But i am saying I have seen it, read it, notted down the important points, mugged them up, and then written it here ?? Prove me .. that I have copy pasted a changelog. Remember changelog has go to be the same .... (correct answer in mathematics)

And lastly .. I do have read the forum rules. Quoting is done to avoid copyright infrigment's. And I know that. but just using

tags ... for ... what .... proper calculating of hosting credits ... for some who is NOT interested in hosting ... is quite ridiculous. B) If i post someting, then clearly mentioning the source without putting it in quote tags, doesn't mean I am doing something wrong ... or claming the post to be mine.

And I fail to see the reason for putting it inside quotes for some stupid hosting credits .... that I am not interested. And I haven't come accross any rule that says .. if you don't wan't a free hosting .. you CANNOT be a member of this forum. ... but is there any such rule ?? or did I misss such type of rules ??????

You see .. I have not applied and neither am I interested in any of the free hosting services that this forum provides. So hosting credits don't matter to me. I browse forums of my own free will ...... and when I like it .... not expecting any rewards in return .. LOl B)

your so-called "disinterestedness" in this forum's hosting services is belied by the fact that you landed here in the first place. :( second, your apparent inability to follow a simple rule of quoting COPIED text enjoins me to believe you are racing your way to earning more hosting credits necessary to be able to request for hosting! really now, who's kidding who? :D

Secondly ... PM's are not disclosed in public :D PM == Private Messages. You as a moderator should better know that :(

i exercise my right to publicly quote what you said to me in private. :D who are you to say i can't? besides i used it to emphasize that what you have been used to in other forums, is NOT what is necessarily you can expect here.

And lastly .. you fail to provide me reasons why changelog's should be quoted. I am not against quoting for copy paste matter, why WHY should a changelog be quoted ??

BECAUSE IT'S THE RULE for any COPIED content -- hosting-credits-system-wise or not! is it hard to understand that? :(

You say .. that I copied the changelog. Agreed. Now, if I say .. I saw the changelog, mugged it up, learned it by heart, and then written it here ?? Prove me wrong ...... Changelog has to be written exactly similar, much like solving a mathematics problem, 2 students get the same correct answer .. and teachers can't argue that they have copied from one another.
You say that I have copy pasted the changelog. But i am saying I have seen it, read it, notted down the important points, mugged them up, and then written it here ?? Prove me .. that I have copy pasted a changelog. Remember changelog has go to be the same .... (correct answer in mathematics)

changelog is not equals to mathematics, that is what i can say. :) you're just making things complicated for you and muddling up the issue of your inability to follow rules, and copiously copying content from other sites. B)

And lastly .. I do have read the forum rules. Quoting is done to avoid copyright infrigment's. And I know that. but just using quote tags ... for ... what .... proper calculating of hosting credits ... for some who is NOT interested in hosting ... is quite ridiculous. :( If i post someting, then clearly mentioning the source without putting it in quote tags, doesn't mean I am doing something wrong ... or claming the post to be mine. And I fail to see the reason for putting it inside quotes for some stupid hosting credits .... that I am not interested. And I haven't come accross any rule that says .. if you don't wan't a free hosting .. you CANNOT be a member of this forum. ... but is there any such rule ?? or did I misss such type of rules ??????

again, RULES are RULES. ;) and we cant simply assume that you are not interested in Xisto hosting. moreso, it is not an EXCUSE to continuously do so because of your "confessed disinterestedness". we apply the rules, even if you don't want to get hosted here. B)

your so-called "disinterestedness" in this forum's hosting services is belied by the fact that you landed here in the first place. tongue.gif second, your apparent inability to follow a simple rule of quoting COPIED text enjoins me to believe you are racing your way to earning more hosting credits necessary to be able to request for hosting! really now, who's kidding who?

If I see correctly, even after all those quoting business I still have around 35 credits, enough to apply for the service. LOl .... and that too within 2 days ... not bad I guess :);)