xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Panzer

Need Help Uploading/modding Forums

I have my hosted account. I have a IPB 2.0 script that i want to upload onto my account.What folder do i upload it to and how long do you think it would take? (56k)Also how i 'mod' them, i know where to get the codes but where do i insert them?thanks

I have my hosted account. I have a IPB 2.0 script that i want to upload onto my account.What folder do i upload it to and how long do you think it would take? (56k)

Also how i 'mod' them, i know where to get the codes but where do i insert them?

thanks

Panzer you can create a new directory and upload all the files of IPB in it...Make sure that you are using the legitmate copy of IPB 2.0 (In case of cracked copy, your account will be suspended).

Secondly, I wont have an idea on how much time it may take

Thirdly, it depends on which MOD you are using...and if you are looking for detailed help then you can refer to the support site of that particular mod

you can refer to the support site of that particular mod

and then, if there is no site for that particular mod, then come on over to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ its a site that will help you with your forums no matter the problem, OpaQue has approved it to be Xisto's offical Fourm BB Support :)

but generally there is a readme with step by step instructions on how and where to put them...

I have uploaded IPB to my sites in the past and it takes roughly 10 minutes. When you make the new directory make sure to name it because that is how people get to your forums. So if you call it monkey it will be located at

yourdomain.com/monkey

Most every mod comes with an installation manual of some sort. Look for a ReadMe or Install Guide with the files that you download for the mod.

yup, panzer. www and public_html are one and the same. you should make your forums directory inside of either. the www just acts as an alias of sorts for public_html.

Well...
I have uploaded the entire IPB 1.3 into the public folder. I tried to follow the 'how to make a phpbbfm' guide but i am stumped on

11. Now your going to assign the user you just made, to the database you made before. Find where it says "Add user to database" and there should be 2 drop down menus. One of them, being the user, and the second, the database. Don't worry about all those checkboxes, it should already be set on "All" for you. In the first drop-down, find "YouUserName_forum" and then in the second one, do the same thing. And click "Add user to database".

There is no such thing. I tried following the rest of the instructions but the same thing happened, NOTHING!

I am disheartened and confused can somebody please help me? (or write a guide on how to do it)

where are you looking for this assign user thing at??you should be looking for it in your MySQL Database manager, the assign user screen should look like the image attached

Users in forumpanzer_forum (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:panzer_forum:localhost","panzer_forum","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "panzer_forum", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("panzer_forum");

Well i click on it and a new screen came up, dont know how to take a screen shot on the computer that im on :)
Albus you have MSN? it'd stop spamming the forums..

EDIT: I did grant those permissons, like yours.
Edited by Panzer (see edit history)

your not spamming up the forums, your giving other people the chance to look here if they have the same problem, and now that that is done, you should just enter the following settings when instaling your forumDatabase user: panzer_forumDatabase name: panzer_forumDatabase password: whatever you made the passwordi am only guessing that those are the database user and database names...