xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chez

Cod2 Bragging This one time, at band camp...

LibyaSearch and DestroyAlliesName: (_8(|)Main Weapon: EnfieldSecondary: Pistol(forgive me, it's been a while since I played COD2 and longer yet since I memorized the names of various locations in this map)I get an early position against a wall directly across from our spawn location right next to the hip-height wall. With my basic headphones, I can hear footsteps everywhere. Eventually, I hear the footsteps of an overeager German running towards me on my right. Just as he turns the corner to set up a gay spawn-kill position, I round the corner in a squat position and melee him in the balls. I let a teammate grab his MP40 since I was going for some easy rooftop snipe kills. Unfortuantely, that was the first kill me team had... and we were already down three people who ran too far up the road to the right of the spawnpoint.--jumping ahead--My team's down to the last two people (me and another) while the germans still have at least 7. I hear a sniper rifle go off and find myself alone, prone on a rooftop. I later find my teammate's dead body in the middle of a road... apparently he though going rambo-style would work.... :S Soon after he died, I heard the bomb being planted on the tank to the right of our spawnpoint. I figured it would be planted there since that was where half my team died in the opening battles. So I jump down form my rooftop observation, wrunning along the building walls back to my spawnpoint and up the right road. I round the corner a second too late and miss an easy kill on the planter but do see two defenders at the opposite side of the road near the roadblocks. There's a hip-tall wall on the right of the road and I manage to headshot one as I strafe to cover behind the tiny wall. The other had an MP44 so I was able to easily take him out with my rifle. I run up to the tank as fast as possible and hear the planter running around the other side, tossing nades behind him, bouncing them off the wall to get them on my side. I croutch and begin to defuse the bomb as a trick. As soon as the defusing sound goes off, I let go and begin to move. Just then a sniper bullet finds itself embedded into the dirt at my previous position. I locate the position by the dust spray and position him at the end of the road towards the middle of the map. Before I can react to him, I hear the planter come running around the tank, sniper-side. I sit behind the tank waiting for him to run to me. As soon as I position him correctly with my headphones, I stand and strafe from the tank to the building cover to my left (putting him between me and the sniper). I melee him in mid-strafe and get behind the wall just as another bullet bounces off the building corner. I have nearly no time left on the bomb but I'll be damned if I lose to a single sniper half the map away. At this point, the reader familiar with the map will realize that looking down the road in the middle of the map is filled with dust... thus the prone sniper on the rooftop has a tremendous advantage. Reality be damned, I ran into the road blindly, zig-zagging to avoid the dreaded headshot. He was a very decent sniper since he never shot once while I was evading. As I passed the front of the tank, walking semi-directly at the position I assumed him to be, I began to sightswitch (where you bring up your sights on the rifle quickly to see if you can get get a lucky shot off, even if you see him for just a second, then dropping the sight again to continue zip-zagging). I must've walked 10 feet before he let off a shot through the dust. I immediately locked his muzzleflash, brought up my sights and shot strait through the dust in a blind luck shot. *HEADHSOT!* I had no time to teabag the empty ground in celebration. I rushed back to the bomb with so little time left, I figured it was over. Nevertheless, I began defusing. Sitting there in anxious anticipation for the bomb to go off... but it never did. I managed to defuse it not half a second before the hand hit noon. My headphones flooded with the sounds of cheering teammates and booing germans. woot woot

Edited by Chez (see edit history)

My favourite is Al Alamein, with the trenches. Being UK is the best i reakon, good starting points and tactical points, also get the good deal with the trenches.I always start going up the left hand side, sprinting with the nub gun (shot gun). I always try and get to the truck and hop in the back, so you have cover against up and coming germans, you can get 2 or 3 before they notice you and with your few grenades you can get a sniper.