xisto Community
Chez

Halo 1 Or Halo 2?

I don't know why, but Halo 1 just seemed more fun. At LANs, Halo 1 brought more fun and enjoyment whereas Halo 2 seems more competitive or soemthing. I can't put my finger on it, nor can my friends, but Halo 1 was just... classic... sure, 'classic' will be the term used to describe the difference between the two that I can't put my finger on. :) Sure you still have the few people who can pistol-snipe from half the level away in Blood Gulch, but I'd rather be fighting a pistol than those massic battle rifle matches on Burial Mounds. It's just not fun. Plus, Halo 2 seems to have many more glitches than Halo 1 ever did. Yea, yea.. you can get on top of the map in halo 1 pretty easily, but it's actually COMMON to see people camp-sniping from on top of the map in Halo 2. I suppose the online 'matchmaker' doesn't help... pitting your level 30 status with level 40s... probally rationalizing the 10-pt difference is nothing... while you get owned by some guy with battle rifle skills the likes of which should never be humanly possible! And all the cheatery online! It sickens me!!! Standby, Aimbots, Walhacks... ON A CONSOLE!!!! I know those are fairly prevelent on the PC, but on the consoles, this is a new developement... why? Because bungi decided to make online-downloadable packs thru XBox live.... wow.... good job bunji you bunch of flamers!Anyways, summation: Halo 1 was better. Period.

I don't have an XBox or XBox 360, but last year at Band Camp my friend Jake Stone brought his 360 and we played a lot of Halo 2. I think Bungie could have done a lot better with fixing bugs and the whole multiplayer thing, like you said. I found the campaign was pretty fun to play, even though I really sucked at it. Overall I agree, Halo 1 was better.

me, being a playstation2er and stuff i think halo 1 is like you said a classic game and halo 2 being more competitive and all . yes halo 2 has more vehicles and other things but there is more people playing halo 1 because it islder and that means people never made enough money to buy the next one so that means more people play and are better. So that means better people online = funner and better = HALO1 is better than HALO2 :(B):);)

well halo 1 ones few wepons were very cool "cough" pistol "cough" but halo 1 and halo 2 have better things than each other. i'll lay out the comparison: Halo 1 1. The Campaign was longer and more fun with more suspensfull objectives.2. vehicles were kinda fun to mess with cause they were invincible3. theres no wraith4. theres not as many vehicle maps5. no dual wielding6. some wepons are missing than in halo 27. grafixs suck comapred to halo 28. banshees not used much9. less alien races10. elites and others, except grunts don't talk11. cheifs armor is not that good comapared to the halo 2 master chiefs armor12. There was health and health packs(even thought they kind were wierd)13. not as many cool glitches14. not as many levels15. legdendary is easy16. the PISTOL!!! Halo 21. The campaign was kinda short and dissapointing but it had its perks2. more vehicles and and they accually have desrtuctible effects3. theres twice as many vehclies and even the wraith4. i bet at least 2/3 of all the levels have a least one vehicle in them5. dual weilding 6. lots and lots of weapons including the sword7. grafixs are pretty good with their brand new bump maping and lighting8. banshees are used alot9. lots of aliens race and little boss battles10. lots of the aliens have something to say now11. armor is very cool12. they took out the health bar and packs but u pretty much do still have health13. theres tons of randoms cool glitches14. lots of multiplayer maps alot with those new ones15. legdendery is so hard16. what happened to the pistol its been stripped??

Edited by kiro warthog lord (see edit history)

I think Halo 2 is better for XBox because of Live. The weapons are also better. The rocket launcher is A LOT faster in Halo 2 than in Halo 1. But I like Halo 1 for the computer because of online and it being different. I like both of them though. In Halo 2 I like the energy sword because it kills in 1 hit almost every time. It kills in 2 hits if the person your attacking gets lucky. I also like the plasma grenades even though they are in Halo 1 as well. I like Battle Rifles because they can own your opponent if you know what your doing. SWAT is awesome too because you have no shields. And you can kill people really easily really fast. Halo 1 is awesome because you get like 16 people in 1 game and you can use the Banshee in Halo 1 in multiplayer on the computer.

If Halo 2 was for PC, hands down it would be better in Multi-player.I am a PC gamer but when my friend played Halo 2 with me, I just got hooked. The controls were difficult and I did pitifully online, but overall it is a great game. I might just get Vista only so I can play Halo 2 for PC :)

Halo 1 or Halo 2

Halo 1 and Halo 2 are both very fun and addicting games. but in my opinion the best game out of them 2 is "Halo 2", i picked halo 2 because for one, the graphics, and for two, you can actually duel wield.

Halo 1 yes is still very fun when you play it but when you go back to it once youv played halo 2, it looks really stupid and pointless. The only thing i miss about Halo 1 that should have been in halo 2 is the Assault Rifle shoot. When ever you had the assault rifle in Halo 1 it shot by 1's. In Halo 2 it shoots by 3 bullets. and i kinda miss the sound effects off it too.

Improvments and Postive side of Halo 2-

-New Weapons (Sword, Beam Rifle, Brute Shot, etc.)

-New Maps

-Improved Graphics

-More Available Options (Able to Select Elite or Sparten)

-Able to Duel Wield

-New Campaign

-Able to use turrets (ground turrets)

but forsure out of them two Halo 2 is indeed way better.

Edited by BluePwNaGe (see edit history)

Halo 2 is defiantley a winner on this topic but i wouldnt mind playing halo 1 if it was online. I do think that halo 1 did a better job with their campaign mode i dont care much for halo 2's campaign. Although the only time i ever play halo 2 anymore is on xbl so i guess it doesnt make much of a difference for me.

I love both of them. Both for campaign and multiplayer and LAN. Although i have to say that Halo 1's campaign was better than Halo 2's. But both of the multiplayers and LAN's are great. I am actually thinking about having a Halo LAN sometime soon. I dont know which one though. Both have great graphics and gameplay. If i had to choose one i would probably have to choose Halo 2.

Doesnt really matter to me. They are identical to me. Just different maps. The thing that drives me crazy is the pistol is gone. I loved the pistol. No matter how impractical it seemed that the pistol was pretty deadly i still loved it.

I used to love halo 1, but ever since i got halo 2 it's been 1 of my best games that i've played ever. the multiplayer is awesome, and since a few of my friends play it with me on xbox live, we can form a party and play matchmaking together which is great, the multiplayer on halo 1 can get laggy, and is harder to organize.. Xbox Live FTW!

Is this even a real question?! Really, do you need to even ask! I remember seeing a ingame footage promo video for Halo 2 and people in the crowd actually started applauding (especially when MC duel-wielded) - I think that pretty much sums up the feeling in my camp - Halo - absolutley brilliant. Halo 2 - even better!