xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chez

Call Of Duty 3 pre-release thoughts

Apparently there's a new sequel to the acclaimed Call fo Duty franchize. From what I've read, it'll skip the PC (:) ) and be solely developed as a next-gen console game. Apparently CoD2 was such a huge success on the 360, Activision wanted to continue their success. There are a few gameplay videos and a trailer or two out on various websites. My reaction seems more dismay than applause. For instance, I love how the new Call fo Duty sequels bring you into the war more. Like a movie or something, but CoD3 looks almost TOO much like a movie. They increased the explosion and destruction smoke mechanic quite a bit, but all in all, it's just putting makeup on a pig... the pig being CoD2 but not saying CoD2 is a pig, just a reference.. LAY OFF ME!CoD3 play is, again and for ever shall be (apparently), being allies against axis. You're still fighting in the early days of the American-European campaign set just after the landing at Normandy. Honestly, I'm kind of sick of playing as the Allies in the same time frame in each of these sequels. CoD2 was great in that is brought realism in the form of enviromental effects, vegetation and physics. But I really hoped to see CoD3 more than just more psuedo-cinematics effects. I want to see the pacific campaigns! Or at least let us play as Germans or even just keep us Allies but in the early days! Like... pre-American influence on the war. Something along the lines of being in Europe (as a european for a change) and learning of the German Blizkrieg. Be the Poles desperately trying to stop the onslaught. Being the French on the Migon (correct name?) Fortification Line. Or the Resistance in Italy, France, Poland, etc. I'm just tired of seeing the samae game (literally) being reamde over and over again just with more effects and 'next-gen' stuff. It's getting milked! I don't want to see my beloved CoD being milked!On a lighter note, it IS being released on the consoles only, and we all know how easy console gamers uprate games, so maybe it won't get the true reviews of being 'old, reused, etc.' Hopefully the next PC sequel will be more diverse. Forget the next-gen stuff Activision! If you make a kick-@ss game without all the little lights and effects, people will still love it. Heck, if we can't play it on our 1-year ofl video card because of all the effects you packed in cause it to lag to a mere 12FPS, noone will buy it... next gen or not. They need to find the balance. Kick-butt effects, and awesome gameplay. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather play a game... not partake in a pre-scripted movie.

Yeah some Pacific campaigns on Call Of Duty would be great. Theyd probably do like the Japanese soldiers swimming out of the water behind you and stuff.They could do desert Storm?

Pacific campaigns would be nice, but what I want are my vehicles, only if CoD2 had them I would play the game more, vehicles always make games more fun. Besides that I'm just hoping that they make the graphics better (they already rock, but there is always room for improvement <_<) and more players online (say 14 maybe, thatd be good enough for me).

PS3 is highly overrated...for the cost of the system I don't care how good COD3 is it's not worth it...and all the Killzone hype is crazy too...one of the real legit games I saw comiin out for PS3 was Assassins Creed....go to gametrailers.com and see that E3 vid it's absolutely stunning and it's not as pre-rendered as you think that's near in game quality

It's new, the graphics look great and it will have a great single player, that are the major things about Call of Duty games. The multiplayer might not be the best experience compared to other WW2 shooters but it's still a great series of games. I hope Call of Duty 3 will also have a great and entertaining single player, and the multiplayer should be great too.. <_<

I'm disappointed in the fact that first of all it won't be released for PC, and secondly that infinity ward is no longer involved. I don't plan on buying a PS3 or XBOX 360 just to play this game, I plan on waiting for a PC release of COD3 or COD4 (which will hopefully be for PC).

I wouldn't mind all the psuedo-cinematics but they added that stupid 'grad the enemy's gun' minigame. So instead of bashing someone to the face, they will catch it and you have to click the right and left trigger rapidly to throw them off. That's retarded, IMO!

I am getting CoD3 for PS2. The PS2 and PS3 are going to share the same servers and everything. I didn't like CoD2 much. I thought it was a dissapointment. I am looking forward to CoD3 for PS2 for an advanced clan supported system and much more. With new wepaons, level, and more!

I think thats freaking STUPID..... (Call of Duty 3)i just bought my 360 not to long ago and bought call of duty 2, and now they are ardy making a 3?!?!?! OMFG.... sigh..i mean what did they add new to call of duty 3 if its ardy comming out? its probly just the samething but just a new revolution of war most likly.

How do you cheat in CoD 4 PC Singleplayer pre-release demo?

Call Of Duty 3

I've tried the first CoD cheats "+set thereisacow 1337 +set developer 1+set etc..." on the shortcut as suggested previously and also finished twice on all difficulty levels this demo, and it still wouldn't unlock cheats e.G. God mode, give a a chosen weapon to you, etc..., even though it suggests it would unlock them. It wouldn't even bring the console up when I press the ~ button!??!!

-Andrew