xisto Community
round

Creating A Game

I was wanting to add a game to my site and was wondering if it would be better and easier to create one using flash or director. I have an idea for a very simple wrestling game but i'm not sure where to start.Is there someplace where i can get a very simple intro to game programming.thanks

i have both flash and director right now, and noticed that director allows you import 3d objects and all these built in funtions. Like collision detection which i've barely managed to get working in flash so i was wondering still which one is better at games. I'm ambitious, i want to make a very tiny quake clone game for my new site.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I gave up for a bit, but i bought a book on actionscripting and games have to say it's made the whole thing alot easier. So i'm telling people buy a book.round.trap17.com

...he said for his site not for his comp...who the heck refered game maker. Well anyways dude learn JS and google for: JavaScript Game Lib...if you can't find it i'll upload it. If you cant learn JavaScript use Java. If you can't do that either...you're royaly screwed.EDIT: M3h Flash if you have friends that have no clue what Flash is then: DON'T USE Flash...to complicated anyway.

Actually as it turns out, is much easier than it seems. I got a beginer's book on action scripting and now looking back at all the scripts i got from flashkit.com, well there just way over complicated for no reason.round.trap17.com

Hey! Flash is tons easier to learn than say java, which will crash your comp more often than not. Javascript is a complete waste of time for games, i've tried to use it and the only thing it's good for is popups. Wish that would change.round.trap17.com