xisto Community
delivi

Google, Gmail Banned In Myanmar Shocking news

The Myanmar government has blocked the Google search engine and its mail service Gmail, say Internet users here.
Users in the country have not been able to access the Google site for more than a week, reported the Mizzima News.

Those attempting to view either Google or Gmail are confronted with a message saying 'Access Denied'.

An official from Bagan Cybertech, the country's only Internet service provider, confirmed that both Google and gmail were inaccessible but declined to comment further.

In an effort to control the flow of information in and out of the country, the military government has banned several websites, including Yahoo and Hotmail.

Source: View here

I (i.e.)delivi got this notice through Google Alerts for GMail

Thats just plain stupid, I mean honeslty what is the big deal with google and stuff. We need to create some google mirrors and stuff, so people can still access there information. ELGoog is a good one, if you know how to type backwards searches... ;)Anyways, maybe someone can try a proxy, how does the country have only 1 ISP? Try getting verizions mobile internet laptop chip, that might be neat. :)

Myanmar (also known as Burma) has opened up access to Google again, after blocking it about a week ago. Reportedly Myanmar blocked Google and Gmail/GTalk because they want to control the revenues earned from the state-controlled telephone companies. Myanmar has been known to block web-based email accounts because they want to only allow state-controlled email usage. Good news for people in Burma

lol blocking it controls the outside world... making there government more like a dictatorship... but w/e they can dow aht they want... i doubt itll be blocked in the us casue we are so big lol