xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WiZ

Europe What do you imagine under the name of Europe

Hello!

Im Robert from Slovenia (the heart of europe)

I ussualy play a game of chess or pool on Yahoo! Games, and people ussualy ask ''ASL'' wich means Age, Sex, Location.

And as always I answer my age, sex, and location, under location I always say Slovenia.

And I always get different reactions:

Oh cool

Where the heck is that?

is that asia?

many different questions...

I say, it's in europe.

And some are nice and try to get into a conversation. And they really want to know alot about europe.

Well, I'm trying to say, we arent all that different from everybody else, europe is just like the rest of the world.

We have good and bad weather, we eat fast food, we dont have any special animals :)

Now, I have a question for you:

What do you imagine, or think when you hear or read the word Europe?

hey there, well im from europe myself and it is weird how many people don't know where many of the small countries or porr ones are. Not even teachers know where they are, that realy shows something! It sucks that you have to tell every person you meet about your country, it gets kind of old. Well, when i hear the word europe i think of my home! im hoping to move back there back in a couple of years..it's just better than any other continent in my opinion. It has many ancient cultures and other things, that's what makes up eruope. it's a beautiful place!

hey there.you got some problems with your location cause you from Slovenia and not cause you mean Europe. we got the best money power (€), we are with the triad economic echange, we got the famous history... and we got the best soccer teams! lol ahaha go france!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by seastien (see edit history)

Europe. When I think of Europe, my first and foremost thought is of that one joke. Ya know, something like...when you're in the inside of the bathroom, you're a' peein'. But anyways...my second thought would have to be of the Eiffel Tower just because it's an iconic...well, an iconic icon of Europe itself. My third and last thought being WHITE SKIN. No joke my friend. Sorry, maybe that'd be more Canadian, but that's also French too, and France is in Europe. Call me weird and different, but it's the truth.

Europe. When I think of Europe, my first and foremost thought is of that one joke. Ya know, something like...when you're in the inside of the bathroom, you're a' peein'. But anyways...my second thought would have to be of the Eiffel Tower just because it's an iconic...well, an iconic icon of Europe itself. My third and last thought being WHITE SKIN. No joke my friend. Sorry, maybe that'd be more Canadian, but that's also French too, and France is in Europe. Call me weird and different, but it's the truth.

Wouldn't call you weird or differnet, just very unaware of(so as not to say uneductaed about) "Europe".

I can see how a joke is the first thing, oftentimes a joke is the first thing that comes to mind, I can also understand the Eiffle Tower, it is definetly a well known part of Europe... but white skin? especially relating to france that makes no sense at all, france is one of the contries with the highest percentage of non-caucasian populatoin in Europe.

The first thing to come to my mind upon hearing "Europe" would be the European Union, a community of countries and different poeple working together. After that, I can't say for sure, I guess it would depend on the context, but a few things I strongly associate with Europe: Luxemburg (my home country), myself, lasting peace, world war II, the euro, ...

Wouldn't call you weird or differnet, just very unaware of(so as not to say uneductaed about) "Europe".I can see how a joke is the first thing, oftentimes a joke is the first thing that comes to mind, I can also understand the Eiffle Tower, it is definetly a well known part of Europe... but white skin? especially relating to france that makes no sense at all, france is one of the contries with the highest percentage of non-caucasian populatoin in Europe.

So there you have it, I learn something new everyday. Oh yeah, that lasting peace thing is so true...
Edited by hh89 (see edit history)

he, it's just an association I have, and it is true for the European Union at least, the first 15 countries of the EU haven't been to war with each other since World War II which is quite remarcable considering their previous history.

Hi,I totally agree with you. When someone mentions the word Europe, right away the Europe that comes to mind is Rich,white, Christian, in other words, Western Europe. However, alot of us tend to forget that Europe is much bigger and definately more diverse than just that. A good example is Turkey, it is a country that is knocking at the doors of the EU, waiting to be admitted. Many of its citizens look European, but the culture is central Asian, the religion is Islam, really not something that comes into the mind if you think about Europe.Another example would be some of the ex-USSR states and Eastern Europe. These states are mainly agricultural based and their income is not as high as in Western Europe.

As a European, A French European when I hear Europe I think 'Unity', 'Euros' -except for those annoying Brits - Europe is really powerful and I'm proud to be a part of it, I'm more proud to be European than French. When I think at Europe I think at old history, Europe is the old continent where America history began, the centre of the world in the Middle Ages and Antiquity...

When i hear the word Europe i always think of War and conflicts. WW1, WW2, Spainish civil war, War of the roses, Yugoslavia conflict etc. Living in New Zealand im not exposed to any sort of that stuff.When i WENT to Europe it changed my mind, like Wiz (Robert) said its just like any other country. It reminded me alot of home, there were some rich parts, poor parts and middle class parts of town.The food was different but it was sort of the same, when we were in a bakery in France, they sold alot of pasteries, back at home they would be pies, sausage rolls and sandwhiches.Every country or area has its differences, and every country and area has its faults.

I agree when ever anyone asks where im from and i say england they say "wow your from europe thats so cool" they think of it i guess like living in disney land or something.

Hello!

Im Robert from Slovenia (the heart of europe)

I ussualy play a game of chess or pool on Yahoo! Games, and people ussualy ask ''ASL'' wich means Age, Sex, Location.

And as always I answer my age, sex, and location, under location I always say Slovenia.

And I always get different reactions:

Oh cool

Where the heck is that?

is that asia?

many different questions...

I say, it's in europe.

And some are nice and try to get into a conversation. And they really want to know alot about europe.

Well, I'm trying to say, we arent all that different from everybody else, europe is just like the rest of the world.

We have good and bad weather, we eat fast food, we dont have any special animals :P

Now, I have a question for you:

What do you imagine, or think when you hear or read the word Europe?

hm.. europe? uhm.. i dont think when i hear the word europe <_< coz i m 4rm europe myself

Europe? When I hear, read or say the word Europe I think....

We're leaving together

But still it's farewell

And maybe we'll come back

To earth, who can tell?

I guess there is no one to blame

We're leaving ground

Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown...

We're heading for

Venus and still we stand tall

Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all

With so many light years to go and things to be found

I'm sure that we'll all miss her so It's the final countdown...

The final countdown...

It's the final countdown.

Had to do it...

I love europe! I've lived in France and Portugal. Nice countries! I traveled a lot in europe but I've never been in eastern europe. But I hope that I'll go soon. Maybe on the next 5 years. And, if I go, i'll try to go to sloveia as well. I think that it is a nice place to travel to.

When I hear the word Europe, what comes in my mid is the eiffel tower and the other monuments that I saw on tv in my childhood. Another thing is the tasteless food there. All kinds of Europian food tastes same to me. Apart from food, I have a very pleasent image of the continent.