xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Fireworks & 4th Of July

ok, i have a problem with this law, why are they not allowed? like wher ei lie they don't allow like missils, rockets stuff like that that fly into sky... just because there are people that wanna act stupid with them and joke around not everybody else should have to suffer for them.. at least for 4th of july they should make them legal, you know...it's once ina ayear so let us have some fun and they are not really that dangerous if you not being an idiot and poiting them at other people.. what do you have to say about this? maybe they are legal in your state/country ...but wher ei live they don't allow us here to have the good ones.. they only let us have the crappy ones for 5 year old...where's the freedom??? isn't that what we are celebrarting?

I think if you were to go through a hospital emergency ward when fireworks were available you would be surprised the damage they can do.

so let us have some fun and they are not really that dangerous if you not being an idiot and poiting them at other people

Unfortunately, people WILL be idiots and that is why these things are banned.
The other problem is that when fireworks are used is normally at some type of celebration, exactly the time when some people drink too much and lose control. Put fireworks in the hands of these people and you have an accident waiting to happen. After all, fireworks ARE explosives and demand respect, that is not something a person that has drunk too much is going to think about.

Personally I agree with the ban. Leave fireworks to the experts, not the general public.

Why not make the fireworks illegal for just for drunk people than? what i mean by that is.. if a drunk persion gets hurt than sue them or something...and no fireworks and drinking shouldn't be mixeed, but know better.. do it before you're drunk or if you know you're that kind of person than don't buy them at all, let the other people do it..but ther's always someone to screew it up for all of us for everything so they're probbably never gona be legal.

Why not make the fireworks illegal for just for drunk people than? what i mean by that is.. if a drunk persion gets hurt than sue them or something...and no fireworks and drinking shouldn't be mixeed, but know better.. do it before you're drunk or if you know you're that kind of person than don't buy them at all, let the other people do it..but ther's always someone to screew it up for all of us for everything so they're probbably never gona be legal.

Well the thing is people don't know what they are doing when they are drunk and people will hand them fireworks just to get a laugh.

I also don't care for the law about fireworks being illegal but there really isn't anything we can do. I really wish that we could set them off and have a good time but it is the parties that get out of hand and when a firework goes wrong that causes problems. Of course many set them off anyway because the cops really don't do anything about it but they said in my area that this year they are cutting down so I probably won't be able to do them which really sucks because that is the one thing I was really looking forward to this summer.

Simply, because everybody gets a little careless now and then. When I was at the Jersey Shore w/ my grandparents like 4-5 years ago, that explains why they are banned and people, will be arrested if caught using them.The company that was shooting them off mis-fired a bottle rocket and aimed it too close above them rather then far out onto the water, the problem was lots of sparks and stuff came down, and set other fireworks in packaging and later to launch ones off. It caused a massive explosion and stuff, and we were right across the street, 1 dead, 15 injured, 1500 scared out of there boots.So you see the point, people sometimes are careless (stupid company...) and don't think of safty first. I would maybe do the same thing, but also what happens if you have 10 year old kids buying fireworks with out there parents and they have no clue how to shoot them off? What happens if someone gets hurt or killed, the stupid parents sue the government or the store. And then they go out of business or lose tons of money. Because the parents can't accept the responsibildy of giving there kids some COMMEN SENSE.Well see my point?

well i just hink they should make them legal for poeple 18 and older. don't sell them to little kids.I read this message in yahoo that it sayd 6,000 people get injured per year from fireworks. So that is not a whole lot.

well i just hink they should make them legal for poeple 18 and older. don't sell them to little kids.

I read this message in yahoo that it sayd 6,000 people get injured per year from fireworks. So that is not a whole lot.

You're kidding right? 6,000 people in a year is not a lot of people to get hurt? If the law stops just one of those people getting hurt, then it's a good law. Sure you may be disappointed that you can't use them, but surely it's better to protect people from the horrific injuries fireworks can cause? Have you ever seen injuries from fireworks in real life? Does any person deserve these types of injuries and worse?

Posted Image

On July 4, Corey was in the alley behind his South Bend home lighting 3-inch mortar balls. But he never did light the one that hit him in the face, breaking his cheekbone and destroying his right eye.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It does suck that they are illegal and most of you have pointed some good reasons why it is.I mean a good reason why, just last year, a person from my city was popping them out sid ehteir house in the back yard i think they said.. well left themoutside the littel kid gets ahold of them sets them off ans sure enough starts a nice grass fire..By the time they realized that there was a grass fire in the back yard it was already to big to try and control it with that least the water hose.. ..and guess what yuup house burned .. the neighbors house started to melt.. yeah it meltesd.. wellt he sidding did and all this cause somebody left firwworks out and was irresponsible and let some kid get ahold of them .. the kid wa sunseupervised.. .. and even if he was supervised.. whats to say that if it was a bottle rocket and they launched it and landed on a neighbors house. and caught fire what about then..I say keep them illegal.

no... they ruin all the fun i always want to launch off fireworks but never can... i allways have fun when we go to sacromento where they are legal to shoot off and stuffwe have a fun time and it keeps the entertainment live and fun!!!!

As is so often the case, users must be responsible for their actions. The few irresponsible users cause problems and then Laws are enacted which apply to even the most responsible users who would never be a problem under normal circumstances, yet, even still, they have restrictions placed against them.I enjoy Firework Displays as much as the next person and have always used them responsibly, however, with the increase potential for Legal actions as a result of accidents, I am content to watch a display created by others.By the way, just like driving, don't mix Fireworks and alcohol. It can be fatal.