xisto Community
OpaQue

Google Checkout! The Big Competitor For Paypal. Payment Processor, Payment Gateway - Checkout Google Checkout now

This service seems to be the answer to paypalsucks.com. PayPal is one of the world's biggest online payment processing company.

After thousands of users having issues with PayPal and paypal enjoying its monopoly all these years, Google has finally introduced Google Checkout. Which will be a Good news for all those people who have had bad experiences with PayPal in the past.

This service is however open only for US residents.

Some of the features of Google Checkout, as mentioned on their site..

Stop creating multiple accounts and passwords.With Google Checkoutâ„¢ you can quickly and easily buy from stores across the web and track all your orders and shipping in one place.

Shop with confidence.
Our fraud protection policy covers you against unauthorized purchases made through Google Checkout, and we don't share your purchase history or full credit card number with sellers.

Control commercial spam.
You can keep your email address confidential, and easily turn off unwanted emails from stores where you use Google Checkout.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=sierra&continue=
https://payments.google.com/payments/home

Wow! That's pretty cool. Except this will probably have lots of people fighting for the domain "googlecheckoutsucks.com"...Why? Because Google has always been on the controvesial side of privacy. Google wants to control everyone's email with Gmail, what website everyone sees with Google Web Accelerator, all the webmasters with Google Adsense, and everyone's computer with Google Toolbar. Now they can control everyone's bank accounts too :)

Of course Google is taking over the internet again. That sounds really cool and I think that will be great to have. A lot of people trust Google and it will probably be bigger than Paypal soon enough. I think that sure people will hate Google just to hate it but that is why Paypal will still be there. If they don't like either then tough luck use a credit card.

Great! this a wonderful thing that I was so long expecting google to put forward. Now a single GMail user id or a Google account can be used to access all the services that we use in the web.

It's pretty nice, but I don't know if it will outdo PayPal. PP is already in use all across the e-commerce world and it's relatively easy to use as well. I mean, for most sites you can either put in your info, or just bill it to PayPal. What's easier? If anything, Google will just be a way of making PayPal easier. Other than that, there's really nothing to it. The people who pay attention to Google will have other options, but the majority of people don't like changing their computers like that.

I welcome any competition for paypal. I wanted to use paypal and did process everything. When I tried to send money it says my email must be verified first and I did those formalities to get my email verified but I never receive any email from them for the verification. I don't understand why they do this. I have already mentioned my credit card nubmer and the last 3 digits in the account as well but still no response. If Google Checkout is accepts by many, I will rather use this one.

I don't think anyone can beat paypal right now since paypal is tied with ebay..it's really popular..google has nothing except themselves.. but they will probably find something to top it.. never had any problems with paypal so ima stick to it.

google checkout would be a real blast i feel ,it would take over paypal soon if good advertising is done,google is a trusted company and i am sure there are many people who are more than frustated with paypal ,someone here said about google controlling ,but remember that google doesn't force you to use their service its your choice ,and definately google is a safe company compared to many other running currently

Ahh! =D I can't wait till they make it available to countries other than the US aswell. I hope lots of people switch to this. They're indeed not linked to EBay, like PayPal is, but who knows.... Perhaps they can replace EBay with something of their own aswell ;D

google will do ANYTHING to get attention.....but i use paypal alot with eBay if the google checkout was a way to pay/recieve cash on ebay i would try it out....but i havent yet had any problems with paypal

google services suck only good thing they ever made is google serch engine itself. Google is trying 2 create a monopoly and there eventually getting lawsutes for that. Yust a mther of time.
Me am using http://www.mobilemoney.com/ and paypal. Works for me better hten googel ever did for me.

that`s your very own opinion (that G sucks)... first of all , Gmail is much better than Y! :).. and about Google Checkout: maybe it will be more widespreaded than PayPal..I live in Romania and we have no paypal here, you know :P

Yes, I sure hope it becomes available for people outside the United States. Paypal is so restrictive with their sending limit and a whole lot of other things. I remember I got really mad with it with the last auction I won and couldnt pay because of the sending limit.

the name itself isn't very attractive, name itself plays a very important role in the success or failure of a product or service, i suppose a small icon or button at the bottom of your page like the pay with paypal or simply paypal button would be more attractive then having a banner or icon saying pay with google checkout, but then again they are great thinkers and good business men as they have shown again and again in this highly volatile industry, but i would have rather like some unique name like the name google itself , maybe they dont want any one forgetting it is a google service :rolleyes: , i still laugh how google bought you tube for a billion plus , a company which was already facing enormous copyright infringements just because it was pushing google video out of business , but i am a great admirer of google too and google search engine is my best net friend who never fails me :)