xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
echo.defender

Google Is A Spy?

Google is a spy?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday, there was friends of my parents that went at our home to eat.

They talked about google and stuff like google earth. When you enter your ZIP/postal code in google earth, they know it and they write it down.

This mean that they are writting a HUGE database about everyone and soon, they will send robots to control us! they will know alot of things about you and me...

Do you agree?(Vote in the poll and leave a comment)

And how does that make them a spy? People are putting in their zip codes and when they do so, they should know that google could record that data. Google Earth works when you're not connected to the internet. Most of the images won't load(the ones in your cache will). Maybe when you are connected to the internet it sends zip codes but it most likely does not.

Edited by siotoxin (see edit history)

It is kinda rediculous to think this. Even if they do have our information is very limited. They can use it for better targetting of ads and sales marketting. As long as the Government has the upper hand, no damage is possible.

They may have a database, but would they really use it? What personal profit could Google get from stalking its customers? I don't think Larry and Sergey really care where you live, but like Opaque says, they can use it to better tool Google for you, nothing else. The primary reason for those programs existing is so that you can use them for your own benefit. I have Google Earth installed on my computer and it's just fun to run around and look at things. Does that make me a spy?

I voted yes, google is definatly a spy, perhaps not a spy to hurt us, but to know what we are searching, what we want from the internet, our hobbies, our tastes, our closes, everything, why, because people search everything using google search engine, and if google wants to provide what we are looking for, google must spy us.Not many people have read the google policy, perhaps all of the ones that replyed here should because there are some points there that doesn't give us too much privacy when it comes to using google free or pay services, programs and scripts.But google programmers and owners aren't the problem, or at least, the bigger problem, the biggest poroblem is google and people with really bad purposes, the problem is google hacking techniques, techniques to crack/find websites and networks passwords and other private information, and much more stuff.So, if Crackers use google search engine to hack websites, networks, et cetera, imagine what the google programmers can do if they want!!!

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

search results, access logs, ip addresses and other information all collected.

Many, many other websites collect ip addresses and other information, like what you view on their site, and usually the time you visited. My old site happened to collect all of that information.

I don't know about the robots, but who really knows. I do think that google is not really a spy, but is trying to take over the world just like Walmart and McDonalds it could be possable. Especailly now with Google Earth you can now really spy on anyone you want to, which I find rather disturbing. :)

It's really scary how easy it is to find someone nowadays. Even if you know a number or person's name, you can trace it back and get a satellite picture with Google Earth. I'm a bit intimidated by it. If you search a person's name, their address and phone number will come up, as well as a link to send flowers to them. Freaky.

"they know it and they write it down."Somehow I doubt google have a bloke sat in an office somewhere with a pen & a bit of paper recording postcodes :) I cant see the problem myself - postcodes do not identify a single residence. Take tower blocks for example - 60 different apartments could all share the same postcode.