xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Popular Catchy Sitenames

I need some popular catchy site names (such as Yahoo! and Google) that are not used. Can someone please give me some ideas? Any help would be appreciated.You can give any site name that you want. I cannot exactly tell you what the site will be about because it needs to remain confidential until release date. Any name would probably be appropriate, please do not give a name that is too close to one specific topic though. :)

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

In order for us to help you, we need to know the general direction/theme of your site. We don't want to give you a name like "ubergamingextreme.com" if your site is about coding.If you don't wanna tell us what it's all about, just give us a general theme, so it's not giving away it all, but it's just enough so we know what to call it.

Well mostly anything can be catchy as long as it is short and simple really. Google probably wasn't really catchy but it was short and easy to remember. I would make it something like Stoople or something like that for your site because it is out of the ordinary but easy to remember. Just remember those things.

Hmm...Stoople sounds good. I want somethign similar to that, not exactly though. Something with a double "o" seems good. I know that it will nto be popular until it is popularized but it will, believe me.

What exactly is it though? What about Croomle, Croogle (probably too close to google) Woobie, Pagoo. I don't know. Just put letters together and you will find something.

EDITED: Didn't like the use of the word "loose" in this name, so I changed them.Don't ask me why I thought of this, as it is just overly stupid, but what aboout "mooseandgoose.com"?(Yeh, I think my mind IS messed up again...)

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Personally and I think that the domain would be too long, and that people would not be able to remember it. Perhaps you should use a name like "Mandg" (MooseAndGoose lol)

Dooga, I agree, that was a long domain name. I was just tring to string two words together, seeing as how I didn't like my original idea of "loosegoose.com".The truth is I can't really come up with any good idea right now. But I would appreciate it that any ideas I do come up with, are not stolen from me.

I'm not looking for a domain name, just a site name.

As I said, it shouldn't be too close to one topic such as ubergamingextreme (gaming area). It should be something catchy and interesting.

I notice that Yahoo! and Google have double o in them, seems popular.

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

Well it doesn't matter what it has in it. It is just how easy it is to remember. Like Yahoo is something you say when your happy and is easy to remember and Google sounds sort of funny and of course is short and simple. You can have a double e in it if you want or something. Like you could call it Weeble, Queezie or anything like that. Just make sure it is simple and sort of unique. Like Mingle or something would be good or Starky.

Like Yahoo is something you say when your happy and is easy to remember and Google sounds sort of funny and of course is short and simple.

That's it! I need a name that is:

- Sounds sort of funny like Google
- Sounds happy like Yahoo
- Easy to remember
- Short and catchy
- Preferably contains a double letter
- Cannot be close to a specific topic like gaming, arts, etc.

I like the name "Yippee!" and I have chosen that one as a possibility. Please come up with more ideas.

Anything with double-letters seems to work nowadays. One, they work well with logos. Two, they just look cute and they're easy to pronounce. AskJeeves is a mouthful, but Google and Yahoo and so easy to say. Another example is Meebo - the browser version of AIM. Things you might want:

alliteration

something short and simple

something that's easy to advertise (logo form)

But yeah, I agree with the others. No need to be so secretive about your project. We can't help you unless we know what you're doing, but there's the best I can do right now :)