xisto Community
Janissary

Shoutbox Service For Smf Boards? This is a question ;)

I cant find a section about "ask questions about Xisto or Xisto forums"...

Anyway, please excuse me...

Im looking for a decent, free shoutbox to put on my SMF.

I found one made for SMF but its auto-scroll thingy is irritating.

I found one free service with google but it's so narrow and doesnt support special charters...

Then I realised there is a perfect shoutbox in Xisto forums! Is that just a code? Can I use it? Can I, can I?!

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title. Please note topic titles are really important and they need to be descriptive

[moved to HOSTED forum, from FREEBIES.]you should look for a shoutbox module suitable for your CMS (ie, one designed for SMF). the shoutbox used here in Xisto is a shoutbox module for Invision Power Board (IPB). unless of course if you want to use IPB instead of SMF.

well, If I am not wrong this shoutbox was made by D-scripting (just google it). So, you can get in touch with D-scripting site owner and ask if they are providing the SMF version of this shoutbox or not.As far as SMF's shoutbox is concerned, you can go through various mods which they are providing on their site or in the forum :)

Ok, I had this problem too, well its not a problem, but you need to log on as admin in your forum and go to admin panel and go to install packages or something like that, than you got to find a link to install new packages or someting along those lines. Tan its just a simple search for Shoutbox. By memory there are like 4!

There are two shoutbox mods for SMF that I know of, Ultimate Shoutbox, and SMF Shoutbox. From what I've seen the sMF Shoutbox mod has more features, but I never got it to install. If the auto-scroll thing in Ultimate Shoutbox is annoying, go to Features and Options (Edit Features and Options in 1.0.x), and find the settings for Shoutbox; uncheck Enable Scrolling. That will keep things still. Hope this helped; if you need more help, drop me a PM - I'm pretty good with SMF.