xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arcalypse

My Ifsz Opinion

Well... as we all know, IFSZ is the Donald Trump of Invisionfree Skins. No one so far has been able to top them, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to be able to. They know that they are valued from every IF administrator that uses their skins, but they have a major flaw, and one that could become fatal if they made the wrong enemies, and that flaw is their ego. IFSZ has been around for quite sometime, and their members are truly addicted to the place, but since they know that they are the best, they have become a little too comfortable. The IFSZ community is quite tainted. There is only a specific group of people who actually get respect around there, and it's pretty much all of the staff, or legendary skinners like Kman or Goe. There is a circle of respect, and there is only 3 ways to get into that cirlce... You have to have one of the following attributes....1) Phenomenal Posting Skills: You have to post a lot, and for a long time in order for people to give you the proper respect that you deserve. You cannot spam, double post, or anything...You have to be a pretty perfect poster. I don't really like double posting, spam or things like that, but face it...any normal human has done it.2) Phenomenal Skinning Skills: This seems to be the quickest route. If you have the skinning skills, you get known and respected very quickly. For instance...Kman is talked about all over, and his skins are refferred to the best of us. If you got the knack, use it. Otherwise you are on the road to the scenic route.3 Be a Staff: This is the longest road, and takes the longest time, but even if you get the job, you'd first have to do task number 1, and then some. Even then, you are not as respected as a good skinner is...Now, this doesn't apply to all of IFSZ, but a great deal of the people there. There is no remorse for people who are not as good as others there. There is no encouragement, and I garuntee that there is over 50 people from IFSZ that could have been GREAT skinners, but there skins were ridiculed to the severe level that we all know that IFSZ can go to. Face it, unless you are a Nicola, Goh, Kman, or any other legendary skinner, IFSZ will always down on you. You truly can't do anything right there just because so many people are riding your **bottom** all of the time.Don't believe me? Go ahead noobs. Make a skin, see the reaction. It's just how people are nowadays. (IFSZ in particular). Even the administrators are this way. I think that it's pathetic. Even if you make a masterpiece...do something wrong, and they jump the gun. The worst part about it is when you make a post, and the first 3 replies are good, and then some staff member makes a post that's negative, and then all of the sudden, every single post afterwards is one kissing the **bottom** of Nicola.

I have NEVER heard of IFSZ!!!But i know what u mean,its like this,they already have most of the best skinners so they are really tough on those that are trying 2 compete...But if u break through that barrier and show what your made of then u'll surely get respected,wont u!!!

IFSZ has attacked against me because my site is becoming very popular to search engines due to advertising. I decided to compete with them, But they have threatned to get me shut down. I guess now I know how they are staying on top.

For for info click here

Intro

If you've read through a lot of my posts you'd know that I sometimes mention some mean joke about how junky IFSZ is. Well, finally I'm going to give the details on why they are not something to be proud about.

Will I get into trouble for Bad-mouthing IFSZ?

No I will not, as I've asked permission if it's allowed. IF support topic. Due to the "freedom of speech act in US & Canada, I'm allowed to mouth off about an awful forum. Just as long as I don't break the Terms of service Invisionfree hosting.

How is IFSZ staff?

Bunch of jerks if you ask me. Everytime I've dealt with them all I see them treating people like dirt. Their rules are so strict that you can't even breathe in there. I realize that it's a big place but it doesn't mean that they can't talk like human being. I notice they act and post like mindless robots. Absolutely annoying. SZ is on a warning and ban fest. Every 5th person I talk to has a warning or is banned. Some people were banned just because the admin does not like their siggy, "It's a horrible color" I heard once. This doesn't happen too much now because Skin zone is afraid because of their low activity considering they have 300,000 members.

How good is their service?

Not very hip. Ok, ok, you can find a lot of skins and buttons there. But if you do a big search you'll find that 80% of all of the markers, team icons, buttons, and pips are just broken links that they will not erase. Oh come on IFSZ, you have so many staff it's not even funny. IFSZ has 60 staff members and they can't get one to erase some broken topics?

What about the skins?

Like everything else there is a lot of them, but many are. How do I put this. Basic 30 minute skins that take no effort to make. And then on top of that there is 15 of the same skins with a slight differant color to them. Differant colors are good, but why release them like they are new exciting skins. But then again there is still a lot of them.

They offer Grapics requesting, though. And fill a lot of requests?

It's true, but the quality is crap. LOL, don't believe me? Here, I've been testing IFSZ for sometime and it's awful. They have it so any member can fill out requests so then you can awful quality junk.

Here's some examples':

I pretended that I got this backround and wanted some good text on it. Really I created the backround myself, but I wanted to see how they would text it.

My backround - take a look

And here's what I got back with text from IFSZ request filled

Gross!! It's not ever centered. That's just downright awful.

I've done better text when I was 10 using DOS. LOL.

Why are they so big then?

IFSZ is big? first time I noticed. lol. Just joking. they have lots of activity and they have 163,662 members.

No wait that's kind of wrong.

I did another research on how many real members they have.

When searching through the memberlist there is 50 members per page and a total of 3230 pages. Whoa. that's 163,662 members!!

Now let's see what's going on with actual members who have posts. I sorted the memberlist by total posts then I went though the pages and it took forever by the way. When I got to page 590 it got to 1to0 posts. 2640 pages of people who have ZERO POSTS!!! People who joined between 2000and2006. So, probably 999outof1000 are long gone.

Zero post members(133,091)

Active members(30,591)

{please note that my calculations were off by 2162members so I equally added it to the total numbers)

So therefore

-Zero member posts at 81%

-Active members 19%

(and this isn't even correct because out of the 530 pages, 300 of them were with people who have under 10 posts and have been last active in over 6 months.)

So I guess you can't almost cut that 19% in half.

In other words. Member count Manipulation!! They don't delete their members. It could be because no one thought it that yet, maybe, but I talked to them with a topic, and they locked the topic, because they were not impressed. But before they did lock it many staff responded un-happily and one even said that if they erased those members then IF may lose it's first place IF rank.

IFSZ is not as big as we all think.

Here's the proof.

My screenshot

Right now they has 51 members on, because it's a night.

What's the point of this Topic, then?

The point is to not be like IFSZ if your forum ever gets huge. Be fair, have a great community and really try to make people happy. It's a lot more fun, instead of business like.

Just for the record. Permission by Invisionfree staff was granted to make this topic

I totally agree. They're so stuck-up. They're like... Bill Gates. =o I once went in there... looking for a button set for my forum. I posted int he request/search forum asking for some buttons. I told them the colors and I might have linked to my forum, but I don't remember. A mod replied back "We need color codes or we can't do it. READ THE RULES", etc.. Really rude manner, all around worthlessly. This person wouldn't have helped me even if I were about to fall into the Grand Canyon. So I said forget it and close it. Which is exactly what he did. I've never posted there again. It's just amazing how rude and unhelpful they can be. =\ They're not even doing what they say the will. I barely even browse for skins any more, because I know I can go somewhere else to some persons *personal* website and get a much better looking skin.

Sharn in my opinion thats not really rude, its your obligation to read the rules, and fill out your request exactly so they know what to do...They can't make the buttons if they don't know what color to use :blink: