xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matto

Driver! That oldschool Driver1 game

Has anyone played Driver 1? They have Driv3r now, and it's not too great... but when Driver first came out it was an awesome driving game. Has anyone played it? I still have my copy, and play it every once and a while.

I definetely haven't for got about ole' Driver. I can't believe how far games have came since then. All it was was driving around, driving safe and sane, and every now and then getting chased by the police. Then came along Driver 2, which was also very good, but with an added feature of getting out of your car and getting around on foot. More levels in story mode were also added and I thought they were funner than the original Driver's levels. Then years later came Driv3r, wich was an okay game, but it didn't really make for the greatest game. I mean all it did was really imitate the driving/shooting games of today, like Grand Theft Auto and True Crime. That's where they really made the mistake. The original Driver and Driver 2 were real hits because you didn't have to go around killing people and shooting out windows of cars. That's all you get today, is just violence, I mean not that I don't like it, but it's just the same anymore. Then, just in the past few months, Driver: Paralell Lines came out. I played this game, but again it was just the same. It was almost a copy of Driv3r, and GTA and True Crime. The only parts of the newer 2 Driver games that I really enjoyed were driving around, which was what you did in Driver and Driver 2. But things change, I guess.

I played driver 1 on my old old mac, years and years ago. That game was cutting edge when it was first released! I haven't bothered playing the three more recent drivers, because reviews said they both suck. Driver 1 was my first experience runnin' from the cops in a video game, lol.

Thats pretty fun. Wow, coincidently, im installing that game right now. Its so fun with the cheat codes when I can go as fast as I want, never get dents, and flying upwards after a far run. That game is really fun. But I cant afford the newer ones because I dont have any money on me, and I dont think that they sell those games in stores no more. Which really sucks. Anyways, I really love driver, making those insane turns and stuff. What sucks is just that the cops just come out of nowhere, yet they're really dumb. What I love to do is ram them at full speed when they're making a blockade and watch them fly up to the sky and fall somewhere far away. The only thing that sucks about driver is that the maps were too small. If it was a full city, that would of been fun. I also like the details, since for that time when it came out, it was the best there is. Anyways, im in the mood to play driver now since i've talked about it.

Driver was a pretty good game. The only thing i didnt like about driver 1 was that you couldnt get out of your car and take another one when your car was damaged. In driv3er they just copied off gta way too much. They saw that gta was popular and tried to make it as close to that as possible with the same storyline as driver. Which i did like how they made it like gta but if id rather play gta if its going to be close to the same as driver. Pretty much what i am trying to say is that driver 1 and 2 were very good games. Although driver 3 wasnt so good because it was too much like gta and it didnt have a very good storyline.

driver was a fun game, the missions were relatively hard for the game but the police chases were awesome. I also enjoyed the replays with auto replay or different camera angles that youcould direct. I remember you could beat the game and get Turbo Mode (this could be done entering a cheat code too) and your car would go 200 MPH!! WOW!That was a fun game, a remake of it would be sweet as brandon compared the new ones to being boring and similar to other new games.In san francisco you go do laps around the park to lose the cops cause they would hit the trees and then go off the hills (either going up them or off of them) to go off just and fly over other cars. That game was fun.

Yes, Driver games are very fun back then when it was released. The only bad thing about Driver 1 was that you couldn't get out of the car and same in Driver 2. Driv3r was interesting game, was sort of completely different game from driver 1 and 2, Driv3r (Xbox). Although, the 3rd installment was kind of boring game, looks like GTA and other driving games, doesn't have something new but they all have in common. In a way i think Driver 1 was an classic game to begin with.

I think that the first driver was a great game that can not be forgotten,I remember the day that it came out and i got home and put it into my playstation and played the driving games,the one with the dirt track and loved the way the car handled.I then went to miami and was crusin around trying not to get any tail,and I passed into the wrong lane and barely toped the speed limit and the cops hit their lights.It was great something like reading about greek history.The possibilities of what could be discovered seemed endless.But as with all games it I grew tired with as I found out the possibilities were endless and then Driver 2 came out and I could not believe that you could out of your car and it was in 3d,at the time I wondered why Granf Theft Auto didn't attempt something like this but their time was yet to come.I think with Grand Theft Auto being released really put the shadow on the Driver series game play,I mean if you take a close look at driver 3 and the beginning of the driver series you will notice that part three in the series simply just improved upon what the other 2 did.I liked driver 3 because of freelook aiming system and the vehicle physics also the textures were of higher quality when compared to grand theft auto although the overall gameplay of any driver game cannot be compared to any GTA game ,but it still excels in areas that GTA does not.Then finally came driver 4 parallel lines.I thought the game had a cool racing system that could have been focused on more.But the seemed to try to copy gta a bit too much and the overall quality and feel of the game fell of and gta 4 was a disgrace to the driver series....In my opinion

I have played Driv3r(Driver 3), but not the 2 first in the seeries. I didn't think it was too bad though(the last one). The free roaming was kinda cool and stuff. A bit cool to just fool around.

I played the first drive for Game Boy. I played Driver 2 for Playstation, it was a lot of fun. I still have it and actually played it last week. I enjoy driving through Miami and putting a bunch of cars on the bridge so when the bridge goes up all of the cars fall down and crush each other. Then when Driv3r came out I also tried that. I think it's the best out of the three because of the better graphics and the ability to do moor like swim around and drive boats.

Hello all,I have never played Driver on the Computer....Played it before on the playstation :P Do Any body of you have it????I've been searching for it along time ago and i want to play it atleast once on the computerplz try to get it 4 me

Driver 1 had something most car games didn't. Your able to turn your directionals on. Most games don't do that but would be sweet if they could. Also it was good cause you were suppose to drive safely and cop chases were fun to untill your car got destroyed.I still love Driver 1

Well Driver WAS a good game. For those who could pass the Driving Test.I first played it and I couldn't even get passed that.I'd stick to Driver 2 instead of the first one.

Well I played Driver and liked it alot. The drive test is really difficult, I couldn't pass it, but I got through it with some game-file-modification :P . Finished the game and had real fun :)