xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani Cheri

Relationship With (far) Family

Hey y'all, ;) In a topic I posted a long time ago about how you met your partner there was someone who had a relationship with a familymember: her cousin. I could never fall in love with family, but it can happen to you right, caus nobody has tha control about who they fall in love with. You can hide it for your family's sake and just to avoid problems. But still, I don't really think it can be right? And on the other side this is a free world why not. It just sounds like incest, but only the ones who are in this situation know how it really feels. Maybe it's not even like you are dating family. But what do you think about it? Please dont be too negative there are people out there who are in this situation, and leave religion and all that kinda stuff out. Just you opinion. Whatever you say, dont be mean just honest.I hope this topic is not too you know...too much free thinking ? :)

As far as cousins is concerned, I think its okay to be in relationship because they don't come under your immediate bloodline relationship.I would use the word incest for a relationship which is between two people really really close.. more like between brothers n sisters. There are many people who have soo many cousins, quite a few, whom they have never met. One fine day, you fall in love with a person who has dropped at your place just to realise that he/she is your cousin and NOW you are NOT ALLOWED to love.. This is a bit silly from my point of view.I rather feel, its more about ones feelings and sense of respect which should define the word incest. Someone might just grow up with his cousin and eventually start treating her like his sister... But this might not apply to everyone else. Ergo, this does not even mean that, everyone else should follow this same principle. There are some religions which allow cousins to marry :-) If I m not mistaken, muslims are allowed to marry their cousins.. :-)

even i go with opaque..people here in india are allowed to marry to there cousins..moreover according to me,your actual relatoin should not decide you whether to fall in love or not..well as far as i know we dont even get the sligest idea when we fall in love..

i think the decideing factor is is it a cousin related by blood or marriage into the family. Also, that'd be one hell of an ackward wedding, everyone would be sitting on one side while the opposite is empty :) .

Okay so what about you fall in love with a person and the other person falls in love with you too, but then you find out it is family (not like brother sister or parents, but cousins or something). what would you do? remember you are in love like never before.,..

I think that it's really hard to decide on where the line is in regards to what is acceptable and what isn't. At least in my personal views. It does make sense though that when two people fall in love, then that's the feeling that you get, and just because you are related, doesn't mean that those feelings will just go away.I think it's okay to "love" whom you want, distant family included, because I don't think that it's right for close family, because I can't quite get that through my head, since there is all the problems with having children and all. But even if that love is there, it might be okay, so long as the two agree that it would be best not to have kids. It just wouldn't be fair to the child with the very real chances of birth defects and all.I think that I could love a cousin, if before hand I didn't know that they were a cousin of mine. But I'm from a rather small family, with few cousins, so the ones I have, would just feel wrong if we were to get together. But if I was coming at this from the angle of "we fell in love, then found out we were cousins", I think that I would still love the person, so long as they felt that he could love me back.I actually knew a couple that were dating, and then later found out that they were cousins. They ended up breaking up, so I know it must be an added strain to a relationship... but I feel if you have a strong enough bond, and are able to make it work, than it's okay.