xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brautigam

Programs used to create cool sigs and animation?

What program do all you guys use to make all of those cool sigs. I am very familiar with Adobe Photoshop CS2 so is there any animation program kind of like that. You know, with layers and the same looking tools palate. If so, what is it because I am really interested. Whatever program you guys use, where can I find tutorials for it so I can learn how to make animated pictures like sigs and avatars.Thanks....

Well try being a little bet more descriptive with your topic title and stuff. Yes, if you have Adobe Photoshop CS2, then you should have gotten ImageReady CS2 with it!Its the exact same thing as Photoshop, but you can do all sorts of flash and animations with it. It also has stuff for customizing your web sites too. If you want a really good Photoshop CS2 book then "Classroom in a Book" is your best bet. I bought it off Amazon, and its really nice. Comes with a CD and a great set of lessons with it. :)

In fact, if you have Photoshop CS2 then you already have an animation program, you don't need to use ImageReady for animation. Go to the Windows menu and select the Animation palette.

Or get all the layer in the right order for the animation:Then click save for web, on the right hand side under the buttons there will be a box saying animate, check that and choose your settings eg. 1 or 2 splits between frames

Well try being a little bet more descriptive with your topic title and stuff. Yes, if you have Adobe Photoshop CS2, then you should have gotten ImageReady CS2 with it!

Its the exact same thing as Photoshop, but you can do all sorts of flash and animations with it. It also has stuff for customizing your web sites too.

If you want a really good Photoshop CS2 book then "Classroom in a Book" is your best bet. I bought it off Amazon, and its really nice. Comes with a CD and a great set of lessons with it. :)

Nope. No flash. Infact, NEVER use flash for sigs, considering the files are huge.

Flash is a program from Adobe that enables you to creat interactive animation. For a good example of what you use flash for, go to 2advanced.com. The entire site is in flash, and will give you an example of what to use flash for.

PS. Don't go to the site if you have dial-up.

but if you cant afford photoshop then you should try using GIMP , its a great way to start. and its free.

As said the gimp is a very good FREE program. Download it at https://www.gimp.org/.

Hope this helps,

-Aaron

Edited by Adobemedia (see edit history)

Flash is a wonderful tool, it can be used to creat great effects. But due to file size constraints you cannot use the SWF files for sigs. But you can export them as Gif files to make you animating Sigs. Try this.