xisto Community
michaelper22

Leaving For Camp Tomorrow I dont wanna go, but mom and dad want me out of the house

I'm leaving to sleepaway camp tomorrow. It's my fifth year there, but by now I have realized that camp isn't for me (no computers = no happiness). I like the place because they have food (sometimes more than enough, sometimes not enough), but otherwise, I will be totally bored. Most of the activities are sports, which I despise; I will spend most of the summer sitting in my bed reading computer books and magazines. I am bringing many of the comforts of home, including my projection alarm clock, which eveyone loves to look at. Wish me luck eveyone, especially with preping my web site for my 8 week long leave from the Trap.

I'd like to wish a personal goodbye to OpaQue and BuffaloHELP for running this place so professionally :) .

Good luck with everything you do there and here. Remember that life is not about computers only (Right, am I trying to convince myself?) and people weren't bored before the TV and computers were invented. So have fun there in the camp. Take care. :)

Try to have fun and find a sport that you enjoy and are good at... If you do loads of sports, I'm sure you'll find one that you like. Or do you not get along with the other kids and members of the camp? Isn't there a computer you might be able to access say once a week to check your e-mail and then quickly check your website? If you tell a counselor you're not feeling well, it might be an idea.... I don't know, I've never met your counselors so I wouldn't know how flexible they are. Good luck and don't get devoured by mosquitoes.

Like the last poster said, there is bound to be at least 'one' sport that you may enjoy. If not, at least try to find something you enjoy and good at. Have to say though, there should at least be a computer available to check emails every now and again, but not that often during camp :P