xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CbK Voldsom

Oblivion - Best Single Player Rpg Elder Scrolls 4

Personally I'm going to say that Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion is the best single player rpg out there, awsome graphics on both the xbox360 and pc versions. Long story and tons of mini quests. You can downlaod new areas, quests, items, etc like every month. Its just alround the best single player rpg Ive ever played.

Notice from mayank:
Please note that the topic title is exteremely important. This is your second post without descriptive topic title. Warning issued. Edited Topic Title.
Umm yea sorry new :) won't happen again buddy Edited by CbK Voldsom (see edit history)

I happen to agree, but only slightly. Oblivion is an amazing roleplaying game. It had far bypassed any expectations I had of it. However, there are some "old-school" RPGs which I still think far exceed the amount of setting, story, and gameplay quality and functionality of Oblivion. Such games, in my opinion, include Tales of Phantasia (SNES), Final Fantasy 6/3 (the one with Kefka, SNES), and Golden Sun (GBA).

Its the best in my opinion 2,love the graphics,gameplay,storyline and quests....Im just mad it took so long 2 get released!!!I loved the whole Morrowind series and i cant wait 4 expansion packs 4 oblivion!!!LOVE the game!!!!

I'm thinking about getting it. Is it really worth ?50 though? I mean, that's quite expensive compared to other games I've bought.

I think it is worth it completely. It is one of those games you that you can just keep playing and getting new quests. There are thousands of miniquests you can do. I was amazed by the graphics too of course. They really made a step up from Elder scrolls III to IV. I do still like III but Oblivion blew my mind. The storyline and game play is simply the best in Console RPGs. The freedom that you have is also worth mentioning. Getting it for PC or Xbox 360 doesn't really matter much. But if you are getting it for PC make sure you have EXCEDED the requirments. Playing this game in smooth, lag free conditions really does matter

oblivion sure is a great game, but cant say its the best. the best single player frp/rpg is baldurs gate. sure it has a lot to read and long dialogues and is preety hard. but if you like tactic rpgs baldur is for you. oblkivion is too much action, i mean, you build up warrior with max armor and you can go to coffe while fighting, since no-one can do you much damage.

I am still playing (and modding for) Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III), from what I have heard about Oblivion it is a step forward in some ways, and a step back in others. Its combat is moving towards a FPS based system and away from a RPG based system, there is no mounted combat for some strange reason. There is also apparently a lack of quests :) Anyway, when I get it, I will most likely enjoy it.

Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

Although i haven't played the previous Oblivion series games, i find Elder Scrolls IV the best single player RPG game I've ever played. The class system is extremely flexible and if you have done the newbie tutorial once, you won't have to do it again if you want to create a new character (save right before the final gate). I'm not a basher-kill person although i DO sometimes randomly kill things for fun =P.I like the realistic atmosphere presented in Oblivion. Whenever i go out on my stealing trips, if i don't get caught, the item's mine for the keeping :( . Once i even ransacked an entire barracks full of weapons and armory till i went over my weight limit 3 times (had to take about 3-4 more trips of stealing-fencing, before finally ransacking the whole place). Basically, the only thing you need as a thief is to have sharp reflexes, good eyesight and good hearing. Boost your speakers to its maximum if you're playing seriouslyl. If you don't listen intently enough, someone might sneak up behind you. What i don't seem to understand is that after you steal something from a person and he/she doesn't find out. They don't seem troubled or to mind it at all. I once went on a key-stealing frenzy and stole the keys to at least 5 different houses in Tamriel (is that what the main city is called?). Nobody noticed :lol: .Still, if you're looking for a good addictive game to burn time, get Oblivion.

i played the first one and i liked it alot, and tryed to play it as much as i could. then my cousin got his 360 and bought oblivion and now every time i got over i want to play it. i love the quests and the graphics are awesome. when i get my new computer i am goin to buy it for the computer. ya this is by far the best RPG out there right now.

While I wouldn't say that it is the single best single player RPG ever as that is an enormous claim I would be willing to claim that it is the "Single Greatest WESTERN RPG To Date"Some of those Japanese games and the Japanese RPg is darastically diferent from western ones. This is undoubtably the best western RPG to date.

The game play of oblivion is very exciting. Its 1 of the best role-playing-game I've played so far. The graphics is totally awesome when playing at high definition. The character is free to roam all over the place with no restrictions. I mostly like the guild system, the quest are offers a wide range of tasks, even killing(for darkbrotherhood's guild). It would be best if this game could be an Online Role-Playing-Game. With it, comes the Player Versus Player function. Then we really could see whose best. :blink: An awesome game indeed. :wacko:

I find that morrowind is one of the best single player rpg. Oblivion is good but not that good besides the graphics morrowind wins hands down. The most annoying thing in oblivion compared to morrowind is the fact that u can get azura's star skeleton key and other artifacts to easy and with the auto move the game gets to simple.