xisto Community
barnes

Moving Members From On Fourm To Another. How do I put current members on one board onto a new board?

If you look into the administrator panel there should be some type of MySQL database backup or something of the sort which will download to your computer and you can upload again to the new forum. Some of these allow you to choose what to back up but if it doesn't it will save all of the posts as well but you can delete those if you have to.

Well, it totally depends on the 'old' forum's SQL arrangement and it could take quite a lot of time to migrate the database of users if the forum system is really old and not well organized.

SMF provide a set of conversion tools if you want to convert from another forum system to SMF. They are available for download here. However, I don't think you can just move members, these copy all the data (posts, members, settings etc) and convert it into a new SQL format that SMF can read and put into it's own tables.

You could ask the SMF team to make a converter for that forum. I don't know whether they could make it or not. If possible, give them a copy of the install package (ie. the original forum files), or a link to the forum system's web site.