xisto Community
Sinari

Small Children And Movie Theatres I hate them and hate them forever....

This is not a new thing and yet I am just now venting about it because I am sick of them. *WARNING* If you are a small child, I mean nothing unless you live in my region...Ever been to the movies on the day that a movie comes out and it's packed with little children shrieking and shouting and weirdly laughing at EVERY part? I have... Do they have to laugh so loud? Some movies are funny, I know, and I'm okay with that. I laugh too! Sort of like in some scary movies when one of the stupid sets of parents bring in their little child or children and they gasp at the parts that are almost scary and then they start to cry at the scary part and the parent lets them cry of they just yell at them in the middle of the movie at the top of their lungs at them to shut up....I guess that I just have all of the wrong luck at the worst of times. Why are parents so ignorant that they bring such small children into movies like that? Why?! How come they can't just go and see some nice animated movie that I'M NOT IN! I hate people and I believe that this makes me hate small children too... If we didn't need them to futher our society, then I would just love to use a small or industrial sized staple gun or equal destructive equipment like a laser gun to knock them off the face of the planet forever....Well, thanks for hearing me out... Suddenly, I feel so much better!

I have to agree that if you aren't of age or mature enough to watch certain types of movies like scary ones or if you are just gonna be loud and annoying and not courteous to others well then you shouldn't be there. Of course the little children sometimes come because their parents drag them along because they can't leave them home alone and for some reason doesn't have a babysitter which sometimes isn't their fault so sometimes it isn't the children's fault it is the parents. I think maybe those types of people should wait for it to come out on DVD or something.

Mainly, I think the problem is teens. They know the part isn't funny, but are so immature and just laugh and ruin it for everyone else. But, if they're having a good time, it doesn't matter how everybody else is right? Sometimes kids need to just grow up and realize that they aren't the only people in the world! Parents also need to wake up and go to the movie with their kid, especially if they have a bad reputation. In their mind, throwing a kid at the movie gives them free time to relax, while everyone else in the theater has to suffer. That's just my opinion though.

You know i have 2 baby brothers and a baby sis. I love kids, but this really gets on my nerve. I think the worst is when they KICK THE BACK OF YOUR CHAIR OVER, AND OVER AGAIN. Why would you bring a kid to any movie other then a kids movie, unless they can behave. My baby brothers and sister act great, but my baby sister makes noise so i would never bring her to a movie unless it was like "The Teddy Bear Adventures" Do you guys know what i mean. I think if it's a kids movie let any kid go. I think if the kids can actualy sit and dont kick the chairs and wine and yell then let them go to maybe a PG movie or something, but if they start making noise TAKE THEM OUT OF THE THEATRE!

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

i don't understand why people bring children to adult movies, I was at the cinema recently watching "the break up" and there were children from the ages of about 8 upwards, not only would that be a waste of money buying them a ticket, but there was a kids movie in the next cinema (i think it was that cars movie) and the kids would have actually enjoyed themselves. I must say the kids that were in my cinema were pretty well behaved, i'm the kind of person that would yell at them if they didn't be quiet and probably throw things at them.

I think the worst is when they KICK THE BACK OF YOUR CHAIR OVER, AND OVER AGAIN.

I believe that that happens to me a lot too. I turn around and tell them to stop after ten straight minutes of it and then the parent doesn't do anything except glare at me like I'm the one being rude...

let it be

What do you mean by that?!?! Leave the issue alone? We all know that it happens.... It's not like only one or two people go through it every time they go to a movie. Everyone does! And this is the Vent forum. if you're bothered by it, don't post here spammer....

I have to agree that if you aren't of age or mature enough to watch certain types of movies like scary ones or if you are just gonna be loud and annoying and not courteous to others well then you shouldn't be there... sometimes it isn't the children's fault it is the parents. I think maybe those types of people should wait for it to come out on DVD or something.

I agree. You shouldn't take your kids to see a mature movie at all, unless they can be quite and understand that its just a movie and not real life. If you want to see the movie so bad, but can't get a babysitter or leave the kid at home, then you should wait for it to come out in stores.

Mainly, I think the problem is teens. They know the part isn't funny, but are so immature and just laugh and ruin it for everyone else. But, if they're having a good time, it doesn't matter how everybody else is right? Sometimes kids need to just grow up and realize that they aren't the only people in the world!

This I agree on as well. This is because half the time they don't make very appropriate (excuse my spelling) comments (aka: Making comments that should be heard in an R movie and not in a PG movie). It drives me nuts when I hear these comments and there are younger childern around. If you can't keep your comments to yourself, then wait for the DVD to come out.

For me it depends on the kind of movie I'm going to see. If it's more of a kids movie, and I'm watching it in the afternoon, then it doesn't really bother me because I expect it to happen. If I don't want all the little kids destracting me from the movie, then I just usually go to a later showing, because there are less kids.As for the parents that bring there kids to scary movies... that is plain stupid. They get scared, obviously aren't enjoying themselves so why bring them? If you wanted to see the movie that badly, you could have always gotten a babysitter to look after the little ones, because I mean, what is the point of seeing a movie, if you are telling you kid every three seconds to be quiet. It's just not that enjoyable.

This post sounds like it's directed more at the children than the parents, but I think it should be the other way around since the parents bring the kids to the theatre and are responsible for controlling them.Overall I think that parents should teach their kids manners in theatres, and avoid bringing babies that wouldn't know any better. Maybe the theatre could also provide some way of stopping this, like a strict no disturbance rule, or pacifiers.

exactly, Johnny. It's the parents who should know better. You don't take small children into the theater. and if you do, you have to know that your kids are going to behave. If they don't, it's time to leave.I remember taking my little sister to the movies when she was very young, she was very well behaved but at a certain point she turned to me and said that she was finished watching this movie. I knew what might of happened if we would have stayed, so we left. The only thing she did that might have distracted anyone from the movie was turning around to the screen as we left, waving and saying, "thank you!" As a movie goer, people need to think about the times they are going to see movies and which movies they are going to see, as well. If you are going to see Cars, there will probably be young children. If you are going to something PG or PG-13, it might be a better idea to wait until later in the night.

You know what, i've started going to the drive in movies again, then tou don't get that problem. We still have one drive in movie location in our town and it's close to where I live. Its good cheaper than a cinema, two movies for the price on one and more comfortable.

i didn't know that they even had drive-in's anymore! Wow. My parents took me to the drive-in all of the time when I was little. Sometimes to movies that were probably inappropriate for kids, but I would usually fall asleep. It's really a good alternative, if you can find one around.

I completely agree with you. Movies need to be more age restricted. If I had it my way; for PG movies you would have to be 8, for PG-13 you would have to be 13 and, of course, for R you would have to be 17.

most teenagers are the worst in movie theatres because they are the ones usualy going with their g/f's and u know now how they wanna act cool, and what is now cool is actually idiotic..but hey..those are the clowns that either laugh out loud or do something stupid.. or its the ones that are dying for attention. And recently i've been seeing people brining their little kids (3,4,5 years) to movies where they don't belong..and than the little babies when they start crying, god, this time this lady was not even taking her kid out of the dang room ...There shoul dbe some rules not allowing kids.