xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Slay

Quick And Easy Backgrounds!

Tutorial Name: Simple Colored Background

Created by: Slay

Program used: Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Tryout version

Program requirements: Adobe Photoshop 5.0+

Notes: Well I got bored one day and decided to try making a tutorial and here's what I got. I made this in adobe photoshop 6.0 Tryout version so if some of the stuff looks old or something it's because you probaly have a newer version thats more fancy.

Tutorial:

1) Create a new image whatever size you want your graphic to be.

2) Reset your brushes to default (Press D).

3) Get some brushes and select the brush tool.

4) Brush your canvas, only click about 3-4 times and make a new layer. (Ctrl+Shift+N)

Posted Image

5) Brush again and fill in the picture so it completely brushed

Posted Image

6 - Optional) If your graphic is to dark make a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) and change the color to white. Brush a few more times to even it out. If need be, keep going back between black and white making new layers until you get something that you like.

Posted Image

7) Make a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) and fill it in with the paint bucket tool with whatever color you want your background to be.

8) Change the layer settings for the layer you just filled to Soft Light.

9) Your finished!

Ending Result:

Posted Image

Extras: If you want to make the background with two colors, select the two colors and use the graident tool instead of the paint bucket.

And your finished! Quick simple process and good ending result. I allow people permission to repost this on other forums or websites as long as you give me credit!