xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harad

Prey [demo Is Out!] A game that was in creation for roughly 10 years...

Prey demo is out! Full game coming July 10, 2006!!!

Here's basic info about the game:

The story focuses on Tommy, a garage mechanic living on a Native American reservation in Oklahoma. At the beginning of the game, Tommy is in a bar owned by his girlfriend, Jen. After an unfortunate bar fight, the bar is lifted up by a gravitational force, as various items are sucked from their stationary positions into a green light above. Tommy, Jen and his grandfather are transported into shuttlecraft to be transported back to the sphere. After docking, all three, along with countless other captives, are dragged through the upper levels of the sphere and Tommy is freed in an explosion set off by a stranger who, despite being cybernetic like most of the sphere's denizens, appears to be working against it rather than for it.

[source: wikipedia.org]

Notice from serverph:
quote tags added as needed.

Some screens:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

[source:pclab's forum]

Demo download links:

• http:
https://3drealms.com/
torrent: http://www.mininova.org/get/347286
My opinion:

The demo offers one hour off excellent imho gameplay. The story is quite interesting and psychedelic. You see the action like in Half-Life or Riddick, ie. there's no animated cut-scenes. There's multi also, but the game is best when played in single.

Well, if someone played it - express your opinion! :)

it's a nice game, but as i can see not a lot people played it, even so you can talk about it in this thread, let's make it an official thread about the game :)

Yup the demo for the 360 released a few days ago, its sweet, on my buy list now, only problem is that the multiplayer part of the demo sucked, it was so laggy, hopefully itll be fixed for release. By the way when does it release, 360 or PC? I dont care which im told.

Having just played the full game, what can I say: this is a truly great game!It really is a revolutionary game: no more dying! Incredible! It really does take out the annoying "reloading from the last save point"Whilst the portal physics, while quite fun is not really that different, since moving from room to room by portal, is identical to moving via doorways.However, the bending of physics rules is the funnest part: wall walking, shifting of walls and floors is funny: and walking on extremely small planetoids is really weird and quite fun!Overall this game is really good, perhaps not quite as scary as advertised, but as an action game, it should become a classic, just for its uniqueness

Indeed. Prey is an amazing game with a very, very, very interesting story, not only about creatures shooting you from every angle! There's a quote I love by Tommy (main char) "Aliens turned my world upside down. Now I'm about to return the favor." If you haven?t yet checked it out, you really should. :)