xisto Community
odomike

Laptop Keyboard Problem What shall I do?

hi,I have a client whose Sony® VAIO© VGN A240 TM laptop has a problem. Ok the problem is this way. Whenever you boot the laptop and as soon as it boots up to the desktop, it automatically start pasting program icons on the desktop. It pastes these icons at so much speed that it can paste up to 1000/min. It infuriates me whenever this laptop starts this thing.I have tried to boot it from save mode (it uses Win XP Pro w/SP2) and tried to see if I can stop the problem from there but I was not able to stop it.I was later to find out that it was the keyboard that is actually causing the problem. I found out that the right Crtl and Shift keys are stuck but my problem is this....Should I go ahead and loose this laptop? I know that everything inside laptops are quite miniaturized and if you dont take care, you might damage something inside there. I dont want to do anything which will cause some problem between my client and me.So, what do you suggest I do?

Well if you don't know what to do when you open the laptop I recommend you take it to someone who does, like a compute place, Circuit City, Best Buy, or to a friend. If you think you know what you are doing you can go in there, push the keys out and try to fix the sticking problem. Until then have you tried to pull them back into place so you could atleast get it started or are they stuck pretty good?

i agree. The rest of the laptop is good so why waste it if you use it alot. I mean it has got to be less expensive to have keys replaced and fix then to buy a new laptop. You shouldn't really have to take the computer apart to fix the keys anyway. The keys on my lapop pop off and i take them off regularly to clean the keyboard. But if your uneasy about it then take it somewhere else to be fixed. At least you can make them pay for it if it gets broken :)

Hey meen,Thank you very much for all your efforts to help me solve my problem. I have finally solvewd the whole issue myself. I opened and brought out the keyboard. Actually, it was the right Ctrl and Shift keys that were stuck. I managed to bring them out and have them to start functioning properly again.The llaptop is now ok and working well and I have already returned it to the owner. She was really happy to see her computer ok once more and you know what? She couldnt stop thanking me.Thanks to you all once again .

No problem, that's what this Forum is all about. People helping people and sharing some knowledge around. Now you need to assist others on the Forum and the circle will be complete. Easy, eh?