xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Why My Hosting Credits Are So Low?

I'm not planning to get free trap 17 hosting, because I already am paying for hosting with Xisto - Web Hosting. But out of curiosity why are my hosting credits so low?:HOSTING CREDITS : -1.41I've been very active... Why are they in the negative at all? I didn't spend them on anything. :)

Notice from mayank:
Please note that topic title is extermely important and you must give a descriptive title.

Hit me if im wrong - but for every day you loose a hosting credit. So you need to keep posting it seems....

thats only if you have hosting.. :)

Well if you look at your post from last year http://forums.xisto.com/topic/29445-war-in-iraq-you-opposed-to-it/= you can see that you were warned by Buffalo for trying to spam for hosting credits it appears which means he probably reduced the number of credits you had and gave you a warning. You break a rule you pay the price.

Well if you look at your post from last year http://forums.xisto.com/topic/29445-war-in-iraq-you-opposed-to-it/= you can see that you were warned by Buffalo for trying to spam for hosting credits it appears which means he probably reduced the number of credits you had and gave you a warning. You break a rule you pay the price.

Yeah.. that happened about a year ago... my friend convinced me that it was a good thing to do.. lol he got caught too... (red alert). since then i had positive credits, how did they go back down?

Well all I can think of is that one of your posts was deleted or turned invisible because maybe you made a topic that had been posted before, made a topic of illegal content or something that broke the rules, or maybe you accidently double posted and you didn't know it and that post was deleted and they took away credits. You would have to wait for an administrator or a moderator to tell you what he/she did to find out if that was the case. Other than that maybe the credit system glitched.

well, the hosting credits get low even if you are not hosted, provided you've got hosted once already! it reaches till -30 and then it stops.

I will respond you in the most simplest way. You joined trap seventeen community in September 2005 and by the month of June 2006 it has become 9 months meaning more than 270 days but your post count is only about 97. It is understood that for every post you are not going to get 3 credits, in some cases you may get one credit, in some cases 2 credits or whatever. And you lose one credit per day. Rather I wonder how could you have only -2 (approx.) credits. It could have hit as low as -50 credits considering the number of your posts. Active doesn't mean browsing the forum but instead browsing the forum and responding to the threads that interest you or have concern on you. I hope this helps.

I will respond you in the most simplest way. You joined trap seventeen community in September 2005 and by the month of June 2006 it has become 9 months meaning more than 270 days but your post count is only about 97.
It is understood that for every post you are not going to get 3 credits, in some cases you may get one credit, in some cases 2 credits or whatever. And you lose one credit per day. Rather I wonder how could you have only -2 (approx.) credits. It could have hit as low as -50 credits considering the number of your posts. Active doesn't mean browsing the forum but instead browsing the forum and responding to the threads that interest you or have concern on you.

I hope this helps.

This would all make sense if qwertyiscool was in the [HOSTED] group, but he is in the 'Members' group. From my memory, your credits do not decrease if you are not hosted. Perhaps what mayank said explains it, but it doesn't sound right to me.

well, the hosting credits get low even if you are not hosted, provided you've got hosted once already! it reaches till -30 and then it stops.

All that aside, if you're not being hosted, what does it matter what level your hosting credits are?

Keep a track of hosting credits now. Do not make any post and wait for couple of hours. Check if they are affected ? ;-)

All that aside, if you're not being hosted, what does it matter what level your hosting credits are?

It dosn't, I was just curious why they were going down.

Keep a track of hosting credits now. Do not make any post and wait for couple of hours. Check if they are affected ? ;-)

Thanks opaque!