xisto Community
scab_dog

How Much Would Xisto Be Worth? Selling Xisto

OK, first of all i dont want OpaQue to sell Xisto. And i know he wont. This just came into my mind while reading a recent topic by OpaQe.How much would Xisto be worth? When sold, considering the advertisements and the size of the community, how much would it be worth?I'm no businessman and i have no idea or even a guess how much the business would be worth.

I have no idea how much internet companies would be worth, but I'm willing to guess a few thousand, judging by Xisto's popularity and standings on search engines. And the large member base we have already.

Well lets see, how much does he pay monthly, a couple hundred I suppose(just a guess), first if someone wanted to by Xisto they'd have to buy OpaQue out with the monthly payments he's made. Which adds up to thousands itself. Then the popularity. Xisto itself is comprised of many parts;Xisto.comXisto.netXisto - Web Hosting.comXisto.comAnd that new TopSites program we haveANNND the upcoming banner exchange site(hopefully coming soon).So that's a lot to buy. The work, popularity, all the counter-parts.I suppose Xisto is worth quite a bit. Go OpaQue!

yeah it probably is worth a ton of money, now im nowhere near knowing how much websites are worth... but i would say he could sell all of the sites, for over $50k ($50,000) and maybe near 100k (100,000) because if the buyers think that the company will bring them in allot of money in the future, it may ebe worth paying that much....but OpaQue would never quit on us like that....:)

Obviously not ;-) Xisto - Web Hosting is the key.. I don't know bout the rest ;-) All sites basically target for more marketting and getting more members so that Xisto - Web Hosting is happy :-). Because, if CH is happy, it makes sure, all other Xisto Sites are happy :-D

yeah Xisto - Web Hosting is basicly the key because you offer all of these free hosting sites, and members realize that their site got too popular for a free host and they switched to Xisto - Web Hosting, which they hope was just as good as the free hosting xisto site that they were at...

Well I've seen people try to copy Xisto and you can't forget Xisto. I think if anything they would just like to buy out just Xisto - Web Hosting and pay for advertisements instead on Trap and Xisto because it would be cheaper. You never know what would happen if Xisto would be put up for sale.

talking about copying Xisto, you would be surprised on how many low level cheap rip of sites that have copied Xisto. I haven been to few websites, which offer free web-hosting if you make several posts and so on. OpaQue should sue them, make money that a way :).I did more research there was this guy who started a similar forum like this, well not with hosting, just a forum it was on GTA Vic City Mods/Hacks. And a organization bought it for 40K. This was on a blog, codenamevice.co.uk . Imagine, a simple forum with busy traffic made 40K, Xisto owns 2 VERY busy forums. A profit making web hosting site. And upcoming Banner Exchange projects. If OpaQue does sell it, and if some one does buy it. He would be a bit wealthier than he is now. A bit more than a bit. But as everyone said, OpaQue would never let us down.

But as everyone said, OpaQue would never let us down.

wlel you never know, he might... because i heard buffaloHELP say that if Xisto goes dowsn the drain (less members, and the ads arent being clicked etc) that OpaQue will just have to say buh bye to Xisto, i also heard BuffaloHELP say that there have been a few times where OpaQue had to pay for somthing on the site out of his own pocktet.. which some people may say well thats an admins job! but thats also the job of the members, to <- snipped -> to give him money, so he can upgrade the servers to which our excelent free webhosting is provided, also to upgrade computinghosts...}

I think OpaQue will sell Xisto or hand it over to another admin or something eventually, I mean, he can't really work on this place forever. But I think it's safe to say OpaQue will be taking care of this place for a long time.@scab_dog -- There are a lot of "post to host" forums out there, and I'm sure Xisto wasn't the first one, so I doubt they could be copying us. I think Plenoptic was talking more of literal copies, like the exact same look/rules/guidelines/etc.

I really don't know how much worth Xisto is but I'm sure it is a very profitable company. Otherwise, how could they give away quality hosting which could have fetch hundreds of dollars all for free. I understand that this step may be important for customer confident building measures but many companies don't do that. So, my simple understanding is that Xisto may be much more worth than most of the members have said in the previous posts. That's my take.

I also believe that Xisto is worth much more, than a couple of thousand... I would put it at couple hundred thousand (around 500K)... Trap has very large network of users, and stable and reliable servers keep paying customers with them... As soon as I am able to pay for hosting, I'm switching to Xisto - Web Hosting, but I'll remain active here too... This is a great compunity, and we should all try and make it even better...I'm with Xisto for a long time, and I'm very, very, VERY, happy :)

yeah even i have seen sites copying Xisto but dont have that excellance to do it.but johnny has surely got the point Xisto wasnt the fist to "post for host" its just that Opaque has done it very efficiently