xisto Community
Janissary

Thinest Lcd Screen from LG

Posted Image

There isnt much to say, So I'll quote

LG Electronics has unveiled a new TFT LCD Display that is a mere 1.48 mm thick as shown in the picture. The new display will handle QVGA resolutions. These LCD display would most probably be deployed on applications such as portable gaming machines, pdas, mobile phones and multimedia players.

LCD on cell phones... that's a nice step :)

Source

Notice from Avalon:
While it's nice to know about new technology like this, it would be even nicer to know YOUR thoughts about it. Please add more content to your posts in the future.

lol I was gonna ask why anyone would want the tiniest LCD screen for their television or computer but the I read what it will be used for. That is pretty cool it can be used for better quality in phones and portable gaming I might have liked a couple years ago but I'm not really into it anymore.

LG is a awesome company who always generate creative things...it is fairly a coooool mini LCD...i would like to see the IT communication tool use this screen.

Yeah LCD screens are nice idea for a cellphone, but its going to cost you an arm and a leg to fix the darn thing or get a new one if it gets broken. From the looks of it, if you just tap the screen it would break. :)

It's great that these things are getting thinner but is it really necessary? LCD displays are already pretty thin. I can't really think of any use for these new ones over the old ones. It's just going to cost more. In a lot of electronics space isn't an issue for LCD displays. I think it would be better if they spent the time on building parts that use less electricity, smaller processors, smaller storage devices, etc.

Yes, I agree with Arigato here. Your average LCD is already thin enough..why go any thinner? I own an LCD (19'' Dell) and I am prefectly happy with it's current size. Why is everything getting thinner this days? I don't understand it at all. This brings me to cell phones. I think that this monitor and some of those extremely small, thin, cell phone are more prone to be broken than a normal sized device. Technology is great this days, but lets not make it to where mice are using them too.

its interesting, everyone is saying how being thinner isnt neccessary, but you'll be surprised with what they might come up with in the future using this technology. its not the fact that its 1.48mms thick, much rather the fact that they CAN make it that thin.

Wow. That is quite thin, if I do say so myself!! That would be useful, as any thin screen would be useful. You could put that on a wall instead of wallpaper! Hey, that's an idea... :)

lol, just make them allot wider, and you can hook a TV up to them >_< lol use it as wallpaper then...that would be awsom~but wow! that is samller than.....uh nevermind hehe im hyper sorry was only joking..but that is a really small LCD screen, i imagine i could break that in half with my pinkey and thumb :)

woah. . . that is REALLY thin lolwill be very useful for phones, and mp3/pmp devices.Really lookign forward to any new sleek Portable Media Devices with 40gig+ HD and large colour screen, being lauched :) This tech should help

well ... the thinner .. the better because it would take less material to make and save alot of space, which means they can make gadgets much smaller.I heard samsung as a phototype of a PAPER thin lcd that you can actually fold and bends it. The screen is also power efficient too. I'm pretty sure if it is used on laptops, then your laptops would last at least for a whole day because normal laptops LCD absorb most of the battery.

HOLY COW IT'S SO... THIN!!!! Even though it's gonna be used for phones and stuff, i still think it would be funny to have one on your wall for a TV. It would blend right in and then BAM! you would see images coming from the wall! ALIENS! (scary) lol i know that was really random, but that's my thought :)

thats pretty awsome!!!! being able to have that thin of stuff in say a protable gaming system would bring around more stuff they can put into it because it frees up some room to upgrade other parts and put more power into the systems!!!as for the cellphones stop making them thinner i can barely keep myself from breaking them as it is...and the ipod nano... holy *BLEEP* that thing is small i feel like im breaking it when i touch it...